Mockingbird vs. Barton Clint

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
I have a level 331 Mockingbird and I speced her to 5/4/4 for this run. Had a lousy board to start with and spent half health swallowing several of Bart's Deep breaths. The board then changed and I got off a Bombshell followed by yet another Bombshell from Opportunist. It was smooth sailing from there on. LT was the usual 4* champ level.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clint didn't have a good day, as my 280 5/5/3 Mockingbird lucked into a big match-5 red right off the bat. That, combined with the +2 yellow and red AP I went into the fight with, let her cast Bombshell on turn 3 or so. Turn 5, Clint took the ol' dirt nap. He managed to fire one arrow, but it got caught in the bombshell explosion, so Mockingbird barely had to brush the dust off of her outfit. 
    My reward was an X-23 cover (green of course), bringing her up to 280, earning another legendary token. Not bad!

• Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    What can I say. The entire board went my way. Mockingbird danced through the fight with barely a scratch and Clint’s arrows all missed. Got one freebie and it happened to be a bombshell that simply ended the fight. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hit 6 AP in all colours relatively quickly, and then just tried to set up match-4s to bait Clint into giving me free powers. I did get stunned by his Bola arrow, but he wasn't able to take advantage, and then he match-4ed into a free Bombshell that dropped him.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever Mockingbird & Hawkeye would fight in the comic books, Hawk normally won and to be fair this wasn't too much of a surprise considering his range advantage. Kung-fu is cool but not helpful when you are filled with arrows. However comic book based Mockingbird was missing one important thing - she didn't have any grenades.

MPQ Mockingbird does have grenades and because of this it was a very bad day for Hawkeye.

Mockingbird is pretty much another one who is made for 1 v 1 battles - she can steal the AP she needs, her red power isn't overly expensive but is high damage and she punishes the opposition for getting good board matches.