MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2020 Edition (Updated 01/29/20)

12346»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    4* covers are 4* covers I guess but at a time when I am trying to incentivise my Alliance to achieve more, Karolina Dean probably doesn't help, Lol!

"C'mon guys, just a few more points - lets get those Karolina covers! What does she do? She does...flying and stuff. That isn't important right now, get me points!"
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karolina being the reward in XvA means she'll be progression in the following event and therefore won't be an ST essential for the new 4 in two weeks.  Presuming there is one then and all that.  Maybe MODOK will follow Karolina and be the one.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    Karolina being the reward in XvA means she'll be progression in the following event and therefore won't be an ST essential for the new 4 in two weeks.  Presuming there is one then and all that.  Maybe MODOK will follow Karolina and be the one.
    First should be Wolfsbane, Then M.O.D.O.K. and then Karolina....so we should have plenty of time to level up her at 209....
    But of course they could feature Northstar as a SIM essential and then make an apology like in the past  :#
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    I don't think Wolfsbane and Modok will be the ST essential because I've already gotten them at 10 covers. I think it will likely be Karolina or Northstar. They have been nice to the players in the last two or three shield trainings and it's time to put the pressure back on. I'm betting on Northstar.
  • bluewolf
    WEBGAS said:
    bluewolf said:
    First should be Wolfsbane, Then M.O.D.O.K. and then Karolina....so we should have plenty of time to level up her at 209....
    But of course they could feature Northstar as a SIM essential and then make an apology like in the past  :#
    Wolfsbane will no longer be "Latest" as of the start of the next season.  She's done as a Latest 4 reward which means she won't appear again for about 2 1/2 years in PVE.  At least that's the pattern they have been following.

I agree it's a toss up between MODOK and Northstar.  Right now we have MODOK, just had Karolina so if they stick with that order, it will be him.

Looking forward to the next high profile 4, probably going to be someone like Mach-5.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    WEBGAS said:
    bluewolf said:
    Wolfsbane will no longer be "Latest" as of the start of the next season.  She's done as a Latest 4 reward which means she won't appear again for about 2 1/2 years in PVE.  At least that's the pattern they have been following.

I agree it's a toss up between MODOK and Northstar.  Right now we have MODOK, just had Karolina so if they stick with that order, it will be him.

Looking forward to the next high profile 4, probably going to be someone like Mach-5.
    or Mach 1,2,3, 4, 7, 10 ;)

ooo can we also get Boomerang, Beetle, Shocker, Speed Demon, Overdrive... then we can have a superior foes of spider man team event :)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I'm glad to see an update to the thread, although I do wonder if it might have made more sense to create a February Sneak Peek thread since January is over in two days.
    I would just make a February thread and then copy paste this update into that one.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    WEBGAS said:
    bluewolf said:

or Mach 1,2,3, 4, 7, 10 ;)

ooo can we also get Boomerang, Beetle, Shocker, Speed Demon, Overdrive... then we can have a superior foes of spider man team event :)

I would love Boomerang! He should be the villainous equivalent of 5/3 Hawkeye!
  • DAZ0273
    So I guess February isn't happening this year. At least I don't get any older. :)
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    They've been updating Tuesday or Wednesday. Sooooon...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They must be busy with updates. I can smell something brewing.
  • bluewolf
    They must be busy with updates. I can smell something brewing.
    I mean maybe?  It seems like maybe the rewards update is coming soon-ish since we had the bugged stuff last week.

Or it's still a ways off.

I am very hesitant to extrapolate what Demiurge is doing (the actual dev work) with how D3go is communicating.

D3Go seems very over-extended and/or is not devoting resources to their legacy games vs trying to launch GI Joe as well as possible.  I note that D3Go has been looking for a Digital Marketing Manager - according to their website - since Oct 29.

It's possible/probable that they are doing minimal touches to the forum as @argle_bargle suggested and they just didn't make a February thread because the last time the Sneak Peek was updated, it wasn't February yet.
  • DAZ0273
    FTP Games players tend to be quite paranoid though it seems to me.  When Communication dries up surrounding the game this normally results in player alarm - "The game is closing down" type doom and gloom. Sure it is February and we are already covered in this thread but on the other hand "OMG! It's February and where is the February thread?!??!? Game over man...game over."
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    FTP Games players tend to be quite paranoid though it seems to me.  When Communication dries up surrounding the game this normally results in player alarm - "The game is closing down" type doom and gloom. Sure it is February and we are already covered in this thread but on the other hand "OMG! It's February and where is the February thread?!??!? Game over man...game over."
    Eh, betting on the end of the game is so 2019. 

They've figured out how to ramp up the offers and keep the money coming in.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Eh, betting on the end of the game is so 2019. 

They've figured out how to ramp up the offers and keep the money coming in.

I have been following their shards system for reward updates with my purchases: little and not very often.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    So we are going to be 2 days into a new PVE event featuring shards as awards before we get an update?

Edit: Fresh may be a better adjective.
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    February sneak peek would be helpful. Just sayin’...
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    New location. Thanks for pointing it out!