IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
edited March 2020 in Character Details
2020-01-27-Karnak-NC-FBpng

Karnak (The Shatterer)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Inhumans
blacktilepng  bluetilepng

"Strategic adviser to the Inhuman Royal Family, Karnak's unique ability to see the flaw in all things shapes his every move. Be it structural or psychological, no weakness can escape his gaze for long!"

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3297 Health / 12212 Health
yellowtilepng 10 |  37 | bluetilepng 33 | purpletilepng 9 | greentilepng 8 |blacktilepng 42 |  23 |  4.5x
yellowtilepng 13 |  74 | bluetilepng 65 | purpletilepng 12 | greentilepng 11 |blacktilepng 85 |  43 |  4.5x

Find the Flaw -> Exploit the Flaw - blacktilepng PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Karnak carefully studies his opponents, avoiding their blows as he searches for their weak points. At the start of his turn, if one does not already exist, create a strength 32 Protect tile. 4 turns after the battle starts, convert 1 Black basic tile to Critical tile(s) and turn this power into Exploit the Flaw. (Max level strength 63 tile)
  • Level 2: Creates a strength 61 Protect tile. (Max level strength 121 tile)
  • Level 3: Creates a strength 66 Protect tile and converts 2 tiles to Critical tiles. (Max level strength 130 tile)
  • Level 4: Creates a strength 91 Protect tile. (Max level strength 180 tile)
  • Level 5: Creates a strength 169 Protect tile. (Max level strength 333 tile)
Exploit the Flaw
(PASSIVE) All match damage dealt by this character is increased by 140%. (No change via max level)
  • Level 2: All match damage is increased by 190%.
  • Level 3: All match damage is increased by 250%.
  • Level 4: All match damage is increased by 350%.
  • Level 5: All match damage is increased by 560%.
Shatter - 10  AP
Striking a single perfectly placed blow, Karnak shatters his foes' minds and bodies. Deal 176 damage and choose 2 basic or Critical tiles to destroy. If a Critical tile is chosen, Karnak instead destroys the 8 tiles surrounding it, dealing 352 additional damage. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP). (Max level 343 base damage, 686 per Critical tile destroyed)
  • Level 2: Deals 241 damage and destroys 3 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 482 damage. (Max level 469 base damage, 939 per Critical tile destroyed)
  • Level 3: Deals 296 damage and destroys 4 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 593 damage. (Max level 578 base damage, 1155 per Critical tile destroyed)
  • Level 4: Deals 463 damage and destroys 5 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 926 damage. (Max level 903 base damage, 1805 per Critical tile destroyed)
  • Level 5: Deals 834 damage and destroys 6 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 1667 damage. (Max level 1625 base damage, 3249 per Critical tile destroyed)
Probing Strike - 8 bluetilepng AP
Karnak launches a precision strike at his opponent, provoking a reaction that further reveals their vulnerability. Deals 509 damage to the target and converts 1 basic tile into a Critical tile. (Max level 992 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 602 damage and converts 2 basic tiles into Critical tiles. (Max level 1172 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 833 damage. (Max level 1623 damage)
  • Level 4: Converts 3 basic tiles into Critical tiles.
  • Level 5: Deals 1481 damage. (Max level 2886 damage)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Heroes for Hire - February 13-20

• Price: 7000 HP

• Contents:

• Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) Red Cover

• Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) Red Cover

• 16x Elite tokens

• 6 Command Points

• 20,000 Iso-8

Karnak & Friends - February 16-22

• 80 Item Vault

• Legendary token

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• Random Karnak (The Shatterer) cover

• 2x random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:

• Northstar (Classic)

• Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)

• Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)

• 21x 3-Stars

• 3x Featured

• 18x Random

• 52x 2-Stars

• 10x Featured

• 42x Random

Release Debut:

Honor Among Thieves - February 13-17

• Karnak (The Shatterer) In placement rewards

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - February 13-20

• Rewards tokens to Honor Among Thieves, random cover of Karnak (The Shatterer), and more

Featured Event:

Hearts of Darkness - February 16-21

• Karnak (The Shatterer) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Karnak & Friends vault

Versus Tournament:

One Hit Wonder - February 16-19

• Karnak (The Shatterer) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Karnak & Friends vault

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So a blue hit that makes crits. A red that gives targeted destruction of basic tiles, or area destruction if you target a crit tile. And a black passive that boosts match damage, with a funky delay mechanic, a protect tile while you don't have the damage boost, and a bonus crit when the switch happens.

Looks like a straightforward beatstick, could be fun. Still curious what the "Team Family" bit means. I'm guessing the Captain Britain guesses were wrong, and the Inhumans or Summers family guesses were more accurate, so the character either has Inhuman or X-Men affiliation.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be fun paired with America and someone to help on defense like Rogue, Juggs or MEHulk. Criticals going off everywhere to cause a lot of havok. ;)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like this one will be a fun character. (which also means it will be annoying to play against ;) )
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Run at 4/5/5 and add this character to Worthy Cap/5 Hawkeye.  Hunt 5* teams :)

KGB
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue looks like a cheaper version of MEH purple so I like that.  Black looks interesting with the critical tiles.  Red looks like it will end up to be a level 3 power.  It reminds me of Bullseye green.  One reason I think it will be fine at level 3 is if can destroy 4 tiles you can still create a strong cascade to make matches you want.  With bullseye green there have been plenty of times I am searching for a random tile to destroy that I just don’t need so 4 specifies tiles is more than enough.

Looks like a nice support character can’t wait to use them on 4* essential nodes in PVE
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easily 3/5/5. I think the first character that comes to many's minds is Chavez. This character also makes a rainbow team with MEH.

This character is straightforward and I can only say I'm looking forward to playing with this character.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    'super hero house of windsor' - first family of marvel is fantastic 4 yeah? Franklin Richards maybe?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    'super hero house of windsor' - first family of marvel is fantastic 4 yeah? Franklin Richards maybe?
    You're thinking too hard.  Queen Elizabeth exists in the Earth-616 Marvel Universe, so this is clearly going to be her.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the clue, is there any chance we're finally getting a 4* Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force)? She's Captain Britain's sister, and the power descriptions could line up with her kit.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Given the clue, is there any chance we're finally getting a 4* Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force)? She's Captain Britain's sister, and the power descriptions could line up with her kit.
    Im thinking it might be the new Captain Britain version of Psylocke. She’d still have her X-men affiliation, but would better fit the Windsor thing
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that he already has a 4* version, I might have guessed Luke Cage. Whoever it is, def looks fun, but the final verdict is still in the numbers.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna giggle if the boosted match damage puts them in bishops crosshairs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

Oh noes, what will 4* players do if that happens?!?!? I guess there are only about another 90 characters to choose from... ;)
  • tiomono
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:

Oh noes, what will 4* players do if that happens?!?!? I guess there are only about another 90 characters to choose from... ;)
    Yup. But it's no fun when a new character comes out that is already countered by a meta character. Like every 5* after bishops release.... ;)
  • DAZ0273
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:

Yup. But it's no fun when a new character comes out that is already countered by a meta character. Like every 5* after bishops release.... ;)

Maybe this character is Shard and she is immune to stun because she is Bishop's sister? ;)
  • tiomono
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:

Maybe this character is Shard and she is immune to stun because she is Bishop's sister? ;)
    We have the power descriptions. There is no stun immunity. ;). Stun is also only part of what bishop does. :)
  • DAZ0273
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:

We have the power descriptions. There is no stun immunity. ;). Stun is also only part of what bishop does. :)

Ah well, you can't win 'em all! Back to the other 89 it is! :D
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cheap crit tiles in a 4*? Always gotta be thinking about the 5*s that will take advantage of that with their high match damage. (similar to Chavez)

HE/Worthy definitely come to mind in Sim.

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    Geez, every is missing the obvious team-up.

Put this person with Bishop and a 5 with good match dmg.  Let the other team cascade and Mr. Broken gives you 30 AP to fire blue 3 times.

Maybe use BRB and get more blue from all the Protects being matched in the insane cascades.

Match over.
    You are no fun.