**** Juggernaut (Fear Itself) ****

1235»

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    I just champed Juggs and came here to confirm I was switching him to an optimal build. Up until the post on page 3 from @Melac, I wasn’t certain if Juggs was any good.  :*

553 feels like the build I go for, but is that extra damage actually worthwhile over having a targeted destruction power? Since Grocket is the one getting Juggy all jiggy with it, is 355 the optimal? 

Now that he’s seen a lot of play, he deserves some refreshed eyes giving new reviews.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never use Jugg's blue really, mostly because the fight is normally over by then if you have him tanking nicely in red, blue and green.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    He immediately landed in that spot where I only run him with rocket/G4mora, and that team it is mega important you not blast chunks out of the board. So I only ever use Gamora’s blue
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    That's where I go too. Either Gamora is there and I'll use her blue or Kitty is there and bn I'm using Grocket's blue.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I just champed Juggs and came here to confirm I was switching him to an optimal build. Up until the post on page 3 from @Melac, I wasn’t certain if Juggs was any good.  :*

553 feels like the build I go for, but is that extra damage actually worthwhile over having a targeted destruction power? Since Grocket is the one getting Juggy all jiggy with it, is 355 the optimal? 

Now that he’s seen a lot of play, he deserves some refreshed eyes giving new reviews.
    These guys are right. I would really like to use Jugg's blue for targeted column destruction, but it's just over-costed to set it at level 5. His other abilities offer too much throughout the duration of the match, to reduce them in favor of raising his blue would just be inefficient. 

If his blue cost was 7 or maybe 8 AP we would have more reason to consider the switch.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently purchased the Cyttorak's Champions bundle out of the HfH store (good value @ 4000HP!) and now my Juggs is a cover away from champable with 150 shards in the bank. I should have him ready to go soon-ish. I'm hoping he can possibly help my clear times, as I've read here on the forums that a lot of you use him in PvE.

(Some basic info on me - I play PvE at SCL8 and I have eight 5-star champs, the best of which are Okoye, Kitty, & JJ. I have most of the 4-stars champed save a few of the newer ones.)

I'm looking for some opinions/answers on him from Juggernaut users specifically related to PvE.

1. If you are a 5-star player, is Juggs still valuable to you?
    2. Who do you pair him with when you can bring two others?
    3. Do you use him in essential nodes? Who do you pair him with?
    4. Has the arrival of Polaris made Juggs less valuable to you?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Dormammu:
    (1) Juggs is not a must-own character for  5* players.  But he is quite useful. He can passively generate aoe damage (a rare and valuable abilitiy), and can ignore almost all match damage. 
    (2) juggs poairs with strike tiles.  He does tons of small-tick aoe damage and can't get boosted by okoye (or apoc?).  But strikes work just fine.  So nice beefy strike tiles are what you want when running juggs.
    (3) when I use him, it is for fast easy clears of trivial nodes.  Gritty is the usual pairing for that purpose.  I rarely use him for essentials, preferring okoye + ih/strange/Polaris/2099 or some other source of free damage rocks to boost.
    (4) juggs and Polaris do different things for me, so no.  Her arrival has minimal impact of Juggs usage. They should play nicely together, however; i suspect that juggs + Polaris + kitty will be a very good team for scl 8 though.  (fwiw, my underocovered IH has taken a big chunk of Juggs playtime though).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2020
    I run him only on easy clear nodes in SCL10, with 4ocket/Juggernaut/G4mora. I have some support on him that pumps up his off colors so he tanks most things, and then I can generally single-swipe win all the easy nodes through clear 4. After that I switch to 50Thor/Apocalypse/Okoye for the rest. On essential nodes I run ThorPocalypse. So there are definitely other options for fast clearing the easy nodes, but i find this team relatively animation-light (compared to a Thanos-based team) and it moves fast.

He only has value if he's tanking, which is easy to arrange on a 4* team, but most of my 5*s have too-high match damage for that.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
     I have some support on him that pumps up his off colors so he tanks most things
    I need to remember to do this. Which one do you use?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I have a 3* Hydra Henchman on him that pumps his base black damage up by 84. There may be better ones to use, I just happen to have that one on him to tank Black over G4mora
  • hell969
    hell969 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2021
    Element Guns looks like it would be the best support as it is the only one that I have found that gives 2 of his off colors extra match damage. At 4* level 200 Element Guns, Juggernaut should be matching 5 color over all other 4* even ones with a few more levels then him.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who are you teaming him up with?
  • hell969
    hell969 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Who are you teaming him up with?
    I only have a 1/1/2 Jugg but I would be putting him with 4* Grocket.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I was in 4* land, I put champed Juggernaut/R4G/level 70 Drax or Starlord and I got a lot of wins in shield sim. That was before Polaris existed.  He was tanking 6/7 match. Keep working on him and 3* Magneto. I imagine he will be tanking all colour if he can tank yellow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I have a 3* Hydra Henchmen on my Juggernaut. At that build, it does:
    Rank 1 - At the start ofthe turn, there's a 27.15% chance to fortify a random friendly special tile (desirable to preserve strikes)
    Rank 2 - The supported character's base black damage is increased by 84 (tanks black over G4mora)
    Rank 3 - The supported character deals an extra 196 damage to Avengers (generally not useful, but I only use him to clear "easy" nodes in PVE in a single swipe for scl10 play and those rarely to never feature avengers)

I own a 3* Elemental Guns, which is slightly lateral in terms of usefulness to the hydra henchmen but pumps his yellow instead of his black, and creates an attack tile randomly rather than adding damage to avengers.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Stun Batons on Juggs as my Element Guns are only 3*. This lets him tank pink over Polaris. Hopefully the offer the guns in a puzzle gauntlet and I luck out :smiley: