To pull or not to pull: breaking down the 3 Latest Legends

2»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    @Daredevil217 to build on this topic. For those who have a champed Storm, would you recommend continuing to pull and get more Storm covers, or hoard until Carnage replaces her?

For me personally, neither. I don’t see a reason to have a highly leveled Storm. Mine is 450 and I’m content there (overall I’m fine with “baby champs” though).

Carnage is very much skippable it seems and for those wondering who to pull for (if chasing the other two... and I think they’re worth it), I like Storm a lot better in general; but definitely she seems to play better with Professor and Bobby.  It seems our string of really good Latests has run out. I’ll likely pull for Carnage since I have all three Latests champed, Goblin and BSSM champed (release store), around like 330 pulls, and god knows how much time before Storm, Professor and Iceman leave. If it’s like February who knows how many pulls I’ll have by then. I’ll likely be itching to chase anyone by that point. New targeting system should easily be up and running then as well. 

I’ll probably do this kind of breakdown after champing the next three as well. Wish I had more 5* as I’d do it for the entire tier lol. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for analysis Daredevil!

Hmm, with only 1x storm cover from all 4 of these 5*s, I think it is time to burn off some resources.

I have been waiting to see the next 5*, and Carnage is a bit disappointing on paper. But proof x seems to be a rather good 5*, and both ican and storm seem useful (and I do have good 5*s to play with borh, thorkoye for ice, and gambit for storm).  as between storm/ice/x and ice/x/carnage, I definitely prefer the current set.

So I could

(1) throw my modest hoard at the current latest three and likely champ 1-2 of them (though I don't have enough pulls to guarantee anything), or

(2) wait for Carnage to enter the pool and just pull enough to roster each character. 

The former is higher risk, but also my only real shot at covering either Iceman or Prof X (both of whom I would somewhat like to cover).  The latter would resign both characters to the <5 cover dustbin of the never-to-be-champed, and is kinda boring, but is also the type of conservative, resource-hoarding strat that MPQ tends to reward.

Decisions, decisions. . .
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently my Storm is 453 despite being in Latests for so long.  I did divert CP a few times into the Prof X release store and Fan Favorites, which got me a champed OML and Strange which are nice to have.  Oh, and Legends of Wakanda which added some levels to those 5's.

Anyway.....while Carnage is NOT good, in a way his best value is a speedbump so having a few more levels on him (as a result of pulling for people around him) vs Storm might be better?

Storm is completely worthless on defense since she's all about finesse and board control.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Thanks for analysis Daredevil!

Hmm, with only 1x storm cover from all 4 of these 5*s, I think it is time to burn off some resources.

I have been waiting to see the next 5*, and Carnage is a bit disappointing on paper. But proof x seems to be a rather good 5*, and both ican and storm seem useful (and I do have good 5*s to play with borh, thorkoye for ice, and gambit for storm).  as between storm/ice/x and ice/x/carnage, I definitely prefer the current set.

So I could

(1) throw my modest hoard at the current latest three and likely champ 1-2 of them (though I don't have enough pulls to guarantee anything), or

(2) wait for Carnage to enter the pool and just pull enough to roster each character. 

The former is higher risk, but also my only real shot at covering either Iceman or Prof X (both of whom I would somewhat like to cover).  The latter would resign both characters to the <5 cover dustbin of the never-to-be-champed, and is kinda boring, but is also the type of conservative, resource-hoarding strat that MPQ tends to reward.

Decisions, decisions. . .
    Well, in my opinion, Storm is the worst of the 3, so you can potentially wait for the next 5 after Carnage to check if it is the new meta char, get more pulls in this month and a half, and then, depending on the new 5, maximize your odds at champing Xavier, Bobby and Cletus.

I have around 160 pulls right now, so for me is easy, I need to wait, most probably even forget about Bobby.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Very nice write up.  Thank you!
  • Daredevil217
    You’re welcome! As I said in another thread, I’m working on a 5* ranking for the entire tier. Since I don’t have them all champed, I don’t expect it to be perfect. I also don’t expect people to read it in its entirety as it is going to be SUPER long. But it could be a nice resource if someone wants insight into a specific character. Like, “hey I just champed Cable... I wonder who he pairs well with? How does he play? What’s his best build?”.

I’m currently on 22 characters in!
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
     I run Storm with Black Bolt and either 1/2 health Thor or gambit in sim. 
    A good third is 4thor. she generates a lot of charged tiles, and her red will hit like a truck as well.

• Daredevil217
    You’re welcome! As I said in another thread, I’m working on a 5* ranking for the entire tier. Since I don’t have them all champed, I don’t expect it to be perfect. I also don’t expect people to read it in its entirety as it is going to be SUPER long. But it could be a nice resource if someone wants insight into a specific character. Like, “hey I just champed Cable... I wonder who he pairs well with? How does he play? What’s his best build?”.

I’m currently on 22 characters in!

And I'm done!