Matching gems freezes

Options
Zaphod
Zaphod Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
It has been happening for a while now, but every so often the ability to interact with gems freezes.  I can slide my hand open, I can click on my PW and see their abilities, I can pause the game, but I cannot access vanguard supports or slide any gems over to get a match of any kind.

I just had it happen to me in back to back matches.  The first time it happened I completely closed the game all the way, restarted the app, waited for the whole thing to load, then started the match against Vraska again and just before I finally won, it froze the gem matching again.

Please fix this!  The game is fun, and I will likley continue to buy packs, but not until I can reliably play again.  This is very frustrating!

Thank you!

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @Zaphod
    In order for us to be able to test it, could you please provide more details?
    Was this happening in a specific event or encounter?
    Which card do you think is causing these softlocks?
    Waiting for your response and thank you for the feedback!
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I’m also having issues with gem changing freezes/shutdowns. Was playing my second to last match in HoD and AI cast Fall of Thran. The whole screen froze and then the app immediately shut down. I was in first place in this event and will now not even be in the top 50. Fix this ongoing issue please. Why do we play all weekend just to be crushed by a freeze/issue that had been ongoing for months on end. This needs to be a top priority with all of the gem conversion in the game. How many times should we ask for this critical fix to the game? 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this behavior can be triggered by different events. I had the exact same experience when I used Bolas the Ravager's flipped second ability:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81232/coc-nodes#latest

I just don't know what is the exact cause. Maybe if we have multiple reports by different triggers, we can pinpoint the exact cause. Only then, the devs can fix it.