Skip tax

wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
In the early game the skip tax to find a base to attack feels fairly significant.  Right now I am a level 3 and the cost is 280 gold.  The real issue is on my map I currently have 4 bases I can attack.  2 are the same person and they have 0 resources for me to loot.  I have a 3rd person with 0 resources to loot and then I have a level 9 player I would have 0 success attacking.  The biggest issues is I don’t earn enough gold to skip people.  There are a couple of things you can do.  One add video option to skip base.  2 add victory gold up to one skip for 3 stars.  3 increase the gold you get per hour from resource farming.

i do understand the skip tax as it is in many games like clash of clans, boom beach, even MPQ was he difference is the skip tax in those games feel much smaller and manageable at low levels.  With the number of players in the game so close to the global launch the skip tax is very necessary and limiting.  I might fix itself over time but a couple additional options could help

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The higher the level your radar dish is, the higher your skip tax. It was like 50? in the beginning. Now my skip tax is 480 and 660 for both factions. I guess because radar dish allows you to find better resources; hence, the increased cost.

However, the loot gained is still terrible at ~1000 / 1000 on average. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for passing along this feedback! I'll be sure to relay it to the rest of our team to review.

Just to mention for due diligence though, unlocking more map areas will increase the amount of potential Credits per hour, and then leveling up your radar will increase the max delivered Credits per hour.

Hopefully that will help you with the increasing skip cost as your radar levels up.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2020
    Even though credit per hour gained increases, but the boat capacity is still capped at 500 credits. For example, I'm gaining 564 credits per hour, which means, I have to come back every 53 mins to claim 500 credit instead.

Is there any way to increase boat credit capacity? I tried increasing my HQ level and looked under Support in the Store, but I don't see anything related to increasing boat credit capacity.

Edit: I just noticed my Radar dish at level 7 has increased the boat capacity to 1500.

Radar dish at level 5 still caps it at 500.

I can't be sure if the increase in boat cap is due to unlocking more areas or due to increasing my radar level to 7.

• Brigby
    @HoundofShadow Upgrading your radar will increase the amount of Credits your boat can deliver each time. Unlocking more areas increases the production rate of Credits.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks Brigby. I was about to edit my post. My Radar Dish was upgraded to level 6 but the boat capacity was still 500. However, after unlocking 3 or 4 areas, it increased to 1000. It seems that unlocking areas are needed too.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    It seems you are actually double-taxed with this, because you also are hit with a 5 medal "Invasion" event when the new opponent appears.
  • Brigby
    Thanks Brigby. I was about to edit my post. My Radar Dish was upgraded to level 6 but the boat capacity was still 500. However, after unlocking 3 or 4 areas, it increased to 1000. It seems that unlocking areas are needed too.
    So I spoke with the team, and you are in fact correct.

In order to reveal more areas on the map, you need to upgrade your radar, however increasing boat capacity is based on how many areas of the map are unlocked; not simply the level of your radar.

Sorry for the confusion!