3rd node in black challenge event is bugged for food objective [Fixed in 4.0]

Windy
Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
Just completed the 3rd node in the black challenge event and I generated a ton of food tokens, but only 3 got registered. Either the objective is 40 or something else is wrong for some of the cards or combos I use. 

Witching well, Killer Alert, Krenko and savvy hunter. These are the cards I use

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I can confirm there is something fishy with this node.

my guest is that only food tokens created by spells are counted. 
    Edit - this can’t be it, since I just recalled that I generated one food token with a kill spell, so AI have no clue what counts and what does not.

Reason for this is that I created 8 food tokens and only 3 of them counted for the objective. I casted one spell (Giant opportunity) and one creature (Feasting Troll king) that created 3 food tokens (the rest came from a creature that generated 1 food token edit - and from a spell that generated 1 food).

please fix before next iteration.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    My guess is that it's actually tracking food tokens created in a single turn, rather than the total number of food tokens created over the course of the battle. Next time I get a charge for this node (~8 hrs from now) I'll try to generate 4 food tokens in one turn and see if that completes the objective.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Update: created 4 food tokens in 1 turn, successfully completed the objective. Would appear that's it.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the update @Stormcrow.

Changed my deck and included the pumpkin and pie spells (don't have a green/black PW yet). Only to find out that returning my savvy hunter with the turn into pumpkin spell resulted in a game freeze / spinning wheel of death.... Sigh.

And of course on another node, greg's rakdos showstopper killed 2 out of 3 of my creatures before also that one froze the game when waiting on the destroy 3 gems action.... This is the buggiest event for me in a long while....hope it's just bad luck for me. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, the node support does not trigger if you have a full hand (aka, if one of your food tokens gets popped with a full hand your opponent does not lose 2 life)
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

Thank you so much for the feedback.
    This matter is already under review and will probably be fixed for the next time this event runs.
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I was able to get the food tokens to count not being in a single turn. For me, when a food token is created during a turn; if there is already a food token on the board from a previous turn, it won’t count. But if you are able to destroy all your remaining food tokens before creating another one during a new turn, it will count.
    But it’s easiest to get 4 out during a single turn, as long as you don’t have any created on the board already. 
  • ennryuu
    ennryuu Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    So for me the first three food tokens from the Feasting Troll King counted toward the objective but when I cast the second one (reinforcing the first one and creating three food tokens), it did not count the three new food tokens.

I then destroyed the Feasting Troll King on the board and played a fresh copy and the three tokens counted toward the objective (then I proceeded to play a second Feasting Troll King, reinforcing the first and creating three food tokens, but the three new food tokens did not count towards the objective).

This was done during several turns.

My guess is spells should be fine but food tokens from casting/playing a food generating creature that's already on the board is not counting towards the objective.

Edit - I was incorrect above, I tried to recreate it again but it didn't happen like before. It would seem the objective is counting when the food tokens are created in a single turn, not throughout the fight
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    still bugged
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is fixed for the next update release.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is fixed for the next update release.
    Thank you for your patience.

thanks for your super fast response!  You're already doing great! :)