The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    iPhone here. I can see the new vanguard packs but it is empty. I was also notified that players who crafted the three cards associated with the Rowan and Will pw would have them available today. Nope. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Oh nice. Usually Android is first
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    I’m on iPhone and see empty vanguard section 

don’t have the 3 crafted missing cards that are supposed to be credited today (although it’s probably a bit early)

wont even think of throwing money at the new walker until I can a- see what it properly does and b- know it’s actually going to available to me if I purchase it
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    These loading times make the app unplayable for me.  Clocked it at 65 seconds just to open up this morning.
    And since losing connection causes an auto-forfeit after a match (app freezes at finishing match loading, causing a loss of points) I've put up 0s in the last 2 weekends.

I'm not getting a good feeling about the future here at all, nor am I getting a new phone just to play this buggy mess of a game.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    These loading times make the app unplayable for me.  Clocked it at 65 seconds just to open up this morning.
    And since losing connection causes an auto-forfeit after a match (app freezes at finishing match loading, causing a loss of points) I've put up 0s in the last 2 weekends.

I'm not getting a good feeling about the future here at all, nor am I getting a new phone just to play this buggy mess of a game.

the game is falling apart.  Patchwork coding to fix bugs that rise up again with their next layer of patchwork coding.  My phone takes pretty long (not 65 seconds but 48 last time I loaded).  My phone also overheats like crazy (only with this app, but not with any of the other 8 games I play).
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:

the game is falling apart.  Patchwork coding to fix bugs that rise up again with their next layer of patchwork coding.  My phone takes pretty long (not 65 seconds but 48 last time I loaded).  My phone also overheats like crazy (only with this app, but not with any of the other 8 games I play).
    If you don’t mind me asking? What devices are you using? 

On my 2 year old, very full iPhone 8, I just logged 17 seconds with video. On my 2 1/2 year old Samsung tablet, I logged 29 seconds. 
  • Mburn7
    edited January 2020
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:

On my 2 year old, very full iPhone 8, I just logged 17 seconds with video. On my 2 1/2 year old Samsung tablet, I logged 29 seconds. 

I'm on a 2-3 year old (can't remember exactly) LG G6.  Plenty of memory free, and none of my other apps have any problems despite some of them being newer and larger.

• FindingHeart8
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:

Galaxy S7, a bit outtdated I know, but all my other apps and games (most newer than mtgpq) run quick and smoothly.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Same here, it's slow as crazy.... Seems like the VG cards they added now slowed things down even further. Game slows down when GY fills, energized gems are on, VG are on, Fblthp is in (PW or the lost one card), some activated gems appear, etc.... 

It's for sure a lot slower today vs last week while there has been no update, only pushed data. Especially std games tend to be hit it seems. 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    In Duets of Mana today against Teferi, 3 matches in a row where he just cascaded out of gems dropping, from the start. 3 GAMES IN A ROW. Terrible starting hand for me too in all 3 games, drawing 3 and 4 of the same card in a row is happening all the time. What an awful set-up for Teferi, just annoying to play against.

Also, playing against legacy cards without access to legacy...

Seems to work well with making us spend more time in the app. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    @oktagon - well played. You got me again with your ridiculous games. >:)>:)

Changing the WAR vanguard packs and removing the guaranteed non-duplicate on the mythic pack!  :/  :o  :s 

Why do you continue uphold this annoying and borderline fraudulent behaviour?
  • Avahad
    @Tremayne unfortunately, as annoying as it is, the WAR mythics have never been non-dupe. 

There is a post somewhere that references this and acknowledges it. They ‘fixed’ the issue making future sets non-dupe but stated something like ‘going forward they will award non-dupe’ meaning WAR doesn’t get the treatment. 

So unless it changes I’ll never get Tezzerets vanguard as that seems to be the only one without an alt art alternative.
  • Mburn7
    Avahad said:
    @Tremayne unfortunately, as annoying as it is, the WAR mythics have never been non-dupe. 

There is a post somewhere that references this and acknowledges it. They ‘fixed’ the issue making future sets non-dupe but stated something like ‘going forward they will award non-dupe’ meaning WAR doesn’t get the treatment. 

So unless it changes I’ll never get Tezzerets vanguard as that seems to be the only one without an alt art alternative.
    Tremayne said:
    @oktagon - well played. You got me again with your ridiculous games. >:)>:)

Changing the WAR vanguard packs and removing the guaranteed non-duplicate on the mythic pack!  :/  :o  :s 

Why do you continue do uphold this annoying and borderline fraudulent behaviour?
    I think I'm missing something here.  The WAR Vanguards are still dupe-able, but the WAR Mythic packs should be non-dupe.

Unless you mean Mythic Vanguards and I'm not fully awake yet.
  • Avahad
    edited January 2020
    Nope @Mburn7 I should have written WAR mythic vanguards you aren’t missing anything- especially not my bad phrasing 😉 and potentially my mis- understanding of Tremaynes original post
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    @Avahad - fair enough, WAR vanguard mythic pack may never have been non-dupe. Didn’t know that and frankly I’m not sure it is relevant.

I’m complaining about the fact that as a user of this app you have to continually go over everything with a fine comb to spot any minute differences. Because you never know when something has been “fixed”, “reinstated” or ”rebugged”. 

once more I fell into one of the numerous traps that, intentionally or not, exists in this app and that is annoying. 
  • Mburn7
    Tremayne said:
    @Avahad - fair enough, WAR vanguard mythic pack may never have been non-dupe. Didn’t know that and frankly I’m not sure it is relevant.

I’m complaining about the fact that as a user of this app you have to continually go over everything with a fine comb to spot any minute differences. Because you never know when something has been “fixed”, “reinstated” or ”rebugged”. 

once more I fell into one of the numerous traps that, intentionally or not, exists in this ap that is annoying. 
    This is the lack of trust thing that I was talking about a lot a couple months ago.
    Its also the reason so many of us are quitting the game.

Every single time I play a card, buy or open a pack, activate an ability, or even open a different screen I am forced to ask "is this working right now?" and plan for contingencies if it does not work the way it is supposed to.

In my coalition (and I'm sure everyone else's too) we have questions on every event objective every time a new event runs.  "Is Summon/Cast working properly?"  "Does this count total like it should or only in 1 turn?"  "Does (X) ability triggering count?" ....ect, because each time each event runs different things are broken.

I'm not surprised you were confused by the Vanguard Pack thing, even though it was pretty clearly explained by the devs a while ago, because we can't trust that anything they say is what is actually happening in the game, and they don't permanently link any information like this in case you didn't see the single forum post they made 6 months ago or whatever.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited April 2020
    So Sun Titan is available right now, easily accessible in Fblthp event for crystals.  Tinykitty dirt cheap.

But guess what Booster Crafting gave me today out of the 20 possible good other options

:|
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Sun Titan is available right now, easily accessible in Fblthp event for crystals.  Tinykitty dirt cheap.

But guess what Booster Crafting gave me today out of the 20 possible good other options

:|

Oh no
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

I'm currently looking at a flawless run in HoD but my final 3 recharges are; 9 minutes before ending, 8 minutes after ending and 40 minutes after ending. This recharge system is just dumb as f.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards

@ArielSira said:
    I'm currently looking at a flawless run in HoD but my final 3 recharges are; 9 minutes before ending, 8 minutes after ending and 40 minutes after ending. This recharge system is just dumb as f.

This is because you started late. The bank times can be found at https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Main_Page (I will send you this link in Discord as well, and it’s nice to see you, Ariel)