Ideas for shards once character is max champed

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
edited January 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
It sucks having characters that are max champed and getting shards for them which thus have no use. I was curious to see what ideas you may have that could make these shards not end up being wasted.  Some ideas I had,

1 At a certain large number of excess shards, eventually you could unlock a 14th cover, upping the character to 5/5/4

2 For a max champed character, with a significant amount of excess shards,  maybe allow a level break past the max level. Possibly allow a maximum of 3 to 5 levels past the champ level cap. 

3 Allow excess shards to be converted to other characters. 

4 Allow costumes to be purchased with shards. Or let us gain access to a costume for each character by collecting enough excess shards. 

5 At a certain amount of shards, maybe you could unlock different artwork covers. Some characters have their artwork changed time to time. Maybe with enough shards you could unlock a toggle feature to change the artwork to the cover of your choice.

Just a few ideas I brainstorme. Of these ideas I like being able to upgrade a character to a 14th cover the most, but this may be the least likely. Second choice would simply be allow the excess shards to be converted to other characters. Third would be having access to a new costume for each character with excess shard.  After thinking about this more, I actually feel like my first choice would be converting shards to other characters. 

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    6- Use the shards to roster a new character.  

Shards are essentially fractions of covers so pulling excess shards for a max champ is really almost no different than pulling excess covers for a max-champ. The only difference I see is that you don’t have to open a new roster slot right away and can hold shards until you’re ready to use them for your dupe.  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duplicates.  The new shards are for duplicates. 

Always two there are.  The master and the apprentice.