new release events/boss events

killahKlown
killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Would it be possible to rotate when these particular events are put out?  It seems to me that they seem to ALWAYS be the weekend events.  We don't all have the same types of schedules and free time.  It would be nice if some of these were launched on Sunday/Monday rather than always on Thursdays.

Thank you for your consideration

Comments

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I think this comes down to numbers. There are probably more players that would complain if the alliance events were during the week than there are complaining about them being on a weekend.
    I guess a poll would show what the opinion is on the forum but that is a small fraction of the actual player base.
  • killahKlown
    Rhipf said:
    I think this comes down to numbers. There are probably more players that would complain if the alliance events were during the week than there are complaining about them being on a weekend.
    I guess a poll would show what the opinion is on the forum but that is a small fraction of the actual player base.

I have an abundance of time on the weekends when I could be playing the game.  But the alliance event is typically finished for me in 32 hours.  That leaves not much to do in the game from Friday thru Sunday.

If the alliance events started on Sunday, then I'd have it done by Monday morning and then have three weekdays with no MPQ to try to squeeze in between job, dinners, running kids around, and helping with homework.

I doubt that type of schedule is out of the ordinary for the majority you speak of.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see some alliance events during the week, give it a shot.  They've run a few in the past (only around 4-5 maybe?).  It's hard to know if they didn't like the numbers or there was some other reason they've never really deviated from almost always running them on weekends.

A little more downtime would be nice on occasion although I suppose the devs could argue players impose their requirements on themselves and you can hit progression while skipping a day of play.

In any case they have run less boss events recently than they used to, which is too bad since a lot of players would like to see more of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still waiting for the new thrilling content for this month. Since next week is the final week of January, logically, it can shall be revealed next week along with 5* release.
  • bluewolf
    I'm still waiting for the new thrilling content for this month. Since next week is the final week of January, logically, it can shall be revealed next week along with 5* release.
    What is new thrilling content, exactly?

I guess the new character, unless there's some new event they haven't revealed.  A new character is new content.

Is a vault "content"?  The Code Red vault is very good, I'm not sure if it's "thrilling" though.  Maybe if you finished your Okoye out of it?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My impression is that new thrilling content usually points to event that you can find under the "Story" tab. 

I won't deny that "Content" is a catch-all for everything in the game. It could point to the Okoye Shard Vault. The "thrilling" could point to getting Okoye Shards.  :D

I think the following are all distinct events:

"Happy New Year from MPQ!  Celebrate all month long with FREE tokens, a Super Villain, more Shard options, and all-new thrilling content!"

Free tokens have been accomplished. All players got a token to Code Red Vault and a Heroic Token.

The rest might or might not have happened, depending on you interpret those words.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    New content is probably the new pve listed in the Sneak Peak thread...

Relevant only because new 5* usually coincide with Boss events, but the rest of the month is all regular pves.

I usually like having the weekends off, but I wouldn't really mind if they changed it up once in a while.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Timing of events in this game is a mess.  I don't have a problem with the weekend boss events, but none of the time slices work for me.  That is a far worse problem as it effects every event except boss ones and leads to far less rewards overtime.  Also I've always though lightning rounds are horribly timed so I don't bother with those either.

It won't change, I've given up making a big deal about it.  Either you can live with it or you can't, you get to decide.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:

I have an abundance of time on the weekends when I could be playing the game.  But the alliance event is typically finished for me in 32 hours.  That leaves not much to do in the game from Friday thru Sunday.

If the alliance events started on Sunday, then I'd have it done by Monday morning and then have three weekdays with no MPQ to try to squeeze in between job, dinners, running kids around, and helping with homework.

I doubt that type of schedule is out of the ordinary for the majority you speak of.

Again I'm not sure there are really that many alliances that finish the event in the first 32 hours. I could be totally wrong but I would assume that the majority of alliances struggle to finish most team events. This forum is probably front loaded with top alliance players that can do it but I would be surprised if the majority of alliances can finish the events in 32 hours.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:
    Rhipf said:

Again I'm not sure there are really that many alliances that finish the event in the first 32 hours. I could be totally wrong but I would assume that the majority of alliances struggle to finish most team events. This forum is probably front loaded with top alliance players that can do it but I would be surprised if the majority of alliances can finish the events in 32 hours.

He must not be a big PVP player, because boss events typically hit right at the end of a season of PVP as well, where people do their last minute climbs in Simulator and the last PVP events of the season, so other competitive players would balk if a PVE event was going on in that same time frame as those last PVP season climbs. Boss events they at least can throw the boosteds at it and not hit most of their PVP teams they're utilizing there. 
  • bluewolf
    @spidyjedi84

The OP very definitely plays PVP..... :D

Note that boss events are not timed around the end of a season on purpose.  The dev's schedule varies more than it used to, but the season is a 4 week event (well, 3 1/2) while the releases are every 2 weeks (usually) and a 5 every 6 weeks.  So it's just coincidence, mostly, when things line up that way.
  • killahKlown
    bluewolf said:
    @spidyjedi84

The OP very definitely plays PVP..... 
    ha ha ha...I found that funny too
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor

Would it be possible to rotate when these particular events are put out?  It seems to me that they seem to ALWAYS be the weekend events.  We don't all have the same types of schedules and free time.  It would be nice if some of these were launched on Sunday/Monday rather than always on Thursdays.

I have been begging for this for years.  Since the inception of Alliance (Boss) Events, There have been 3 that didn't start at noon on a Thursday.  3.  That's it.

/My alliance is made almost entirely of patrons and employees of a local bar in a college town.  Thursday Night through Sunday Afternoon are the money hours where we can't play constantly.
  • killahKlown
    abmoraz said:

I have been begging for this for years.  Since the inception of Alliance (Boss) Events, There have been 3 that didn't start at noon on a Thursday.  3.  That's it.

/My alliance is made almost entirely of patrons and employees of a local bar in a college town.  Thursday Night through Sunday Afternoon are the money hours where we can't play constantly.
    have the game gods ever given you an explanation??
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get everyone has busy schedules but boss events take 20 - 30 minutes every 8 hours at any point. There's no value in finishing early. So I could  do 40 minutes to finish them all twice, then almost done until the next day. If I miss one or two of the later clears it doesn't really matter because max progression allows it. 

My only problem is the 1am - 9am timing which means a "late" finish or "early" start. But I can vary so I can complete on the way into work on Friday or stay up to 1.30am and get to sleep in on the weekends. 

Either way, I spend longer and less conveniently timed on normal PvE events. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:

have the game gods ever given you an explanation??

Have the game gods ever communicated anything of value to us?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is another one I've begged for forever. As someone with a family (and attempted thing called 'life') I try not to specifically time my play for any part of the game - so I'm not a PVE'er in general, but I try with new releases.

And weekends are the busiest time for that family/life thing, so I always meet new releases with a giant sigh. With weekdays at work you can choose slices that aren't on work time. Not so on the weekends.

Oh how I wish every new release event was a boss event.