10+ Level Players Already?

System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Oil Rig.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing players at 1X levels. Are they whales or are they players who started during the Beta phase?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I'm seeing players at 1X levels. Are they whales or are they players who started during the Beta phase?
    Yes. My guess is that those are probably players that have been playing since the beta phase. We did reset everyone's Trophy count at the official launch though, so matchmaking doesn't become too skewed with players already at the top.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2020
    Oops! My bad.

How is MMR determined?  Does it also look at player levels and their battle tiers, apart from number of trophies won?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    I'm level 7 without ever seeing the game prior to launch and with no $$ spent yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone who knew exactly what to do would get to higher levels fast, especially if they threw some cash at it...
  • HoundofShadow
    I went to attack a level 3 player and my entire units go wiped out by his L5 Storm Shadow. My units were only level 3. 

I'm really curious to know how MMR works. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I have no idea.  I'm still shy of the 200 medal threshold to get to matchmaking against anything but the basic game templates...
  • FDS
    FDS Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Lots of advanced players now... Good job everyone.. 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler

The levels go up quickly when you upgrade all of your base and not just the HQ

• FDS
    FDS Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

I dont know about that.... the push from 19 - 20 is taking forever...

• DrJ_ECG
    DrJ_ECG Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Oops! My bad.

How is MMR determined?  Does it also look at player levels and their battle tiers, apart from number of trophies won?
    Matchmaking is determined through a combination of trophy count and HQ level.