Captain Marvel
Iron Man

25CP

I will be skipping, how about you?

Comments

• Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Pulled for fun. One Carol and one Okoye. Stopped after those 2, cant get much better.

Lots of Okoye features, wonder why?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably because I'm 1 Shuri cover away from finishing her, and she's about to get nerfed lol
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Greenroom said:
    Pulled for fun. One Carol and one Okoye. Stopped after those 2, cant get much better.

Lots of Okoye features, wonder why?
    Because she's Okoye.

She is part of the meta "mix" and the devs know it.  There are two options:  Keep speeding up the game (they don't want that) or lean into the existing meta in terms of offers etc.

Lots of newer players are chasing her.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm still using CPs on Latest, because my Professor X doesn't have a purple yet.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Used up most of my cp and didn't get a single Okoye. Figures. The only upside is I pulled a green Namor to even him out a bit to 4/4/3, finished off MODOK and finished collecting shards to put Karolina at 13 covers after Lost In Time.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope.  Saving for the next new character.  Power creep teaches me to only pull for new people.  Maybe it'll be meta, and maybe not, but it'll match 3 like a truck.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Power creep is legit but Okoyes "wakanda forever" is one of, if not the most gamechanging powers in MPQ. I cant stress enough how much time she saves and how much my MPQuality of life has improved as a result.

Her plus Spidey 2099 is my newest Okoye-obsession. Huge amounts of match damage attached to blue/black/yellow and then you have an stun/semi-AOE/true heal with all the AP. Horrible defense but easily the fastest wins incan manage in pick 2 PVP
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm tempted, but haven't seen the store yet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still very salty why Spider-Man 2099 (and 2* Widow) was allowed to work with WF based off of matching and Juggernaut was specifically excluded.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly dont have a bunch of Okoye.  But i dont care either.  I have champed Kitty.  Mixed with R4cket and Juggs, or Medusa, or Spider 2099, or whoever else, it does the job very quickly.

If you dont have a champed Kitty OR Okoye, well then yeah... You need one to make PvEs a breeze.  It just makes it so quick and easy.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Okoye is awesome and any store with her is worthwhile for those who don't have her covered, but have enough covers/CP that heavy spending on the store offers a good chance at getting to 13/13.  Otherwise this store is meh.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a 4* player working on methodically targeting optimal covering for the top tier 5*s. I'm not planning to champ them anytime soon so getting the ideal cover distribution is key to my strategy. Ever since I got Kitty (my #1 5* target) to 5/5/3, Okoye (my #2) has been my target. Even though I was less than excited about her companions in this special vault, I decided to pull. My goal: get Okoye to optimal coverage of 5/5/3.

Start:
    4244 CP
    Okoye at 2/3/1 with 334 shards
    Okoye as 5* bonus hero
    I did not put Shuri as my 4* bonus hero as I had several other 4*s that didn't have enough covers to get to 209, so I prioritized those.

End:
    Success!
    136 pulls (3400 CP)
    Okoye: 5/8/3 with 342 shards. I did naturally pull one 4* Shuri cover that gave me 100 Okoye shards as a champ reward.
    ONE of those Okoye Black was from converting shards, so in total, pulled 9 Okoye covers (2 black, 5 yellow, 2 red)
    6 Iron Man
    4 Captain Countdown
    Total 5* pull rate: 19 / 136 = 14%. Slightly below average but a disproportionate number of Okoye covers so I guess I had some "Good Fortune".

After sitting on over 4,000 CP, 844 looks like a pittance. Once I apply all the 4* covers I got I'm sure it will climb a bit. Now back to hoarding, but switching to my 3/1/1 Thor as my BH. Excited to try out Okoye with some 4* teams to see how she works! Especially now that I have that juicy 3* Royal Talon Fighter support...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will be.  I don't have Iron Man or Captain Marvel anywhere close to champing so I can use any covers for them and my Okoye is only 2 levels above my Thor so more levels for her will increase the pair effectiveness.  It's worth the 5 CP tax for a week.

I won't be buying that $75 deal though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,914 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye, Oshmoye...

I'm pulling for Iron Man!  That's right.  We exist too (because I'm a "gotta champ em all guy", have the other two champed and my Tony is a non-red cover away from joining them),

40 pulls later... ouch... I got it.  I did get 3 each of the other two along the way, so decent odds.  Just wish that Tony would have come a lot sooner.  Ah well.  Welcome to the baby champ club Mr. Stark!  The 3 Oshmoye levels aren't too shabby either.  Means 3 more levels for purposely unchamped Thor as well!