Woo!! Prerelease weekend

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
How was your experience?  Did you do well?  Have some epic matches?  Pack some good cards? What was your favorite? :)

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Paper?!?
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I played in a prerelease (yes, paper). Went 0-2, 0-2, then dropped. I don't play paper nowadays except for the occasional prerelease tourney. I don't have friends who play anymore, and I'm not going to drop a tin of money to stay competitive at my FLGS. 

Not a big fan of the set (enchantments and gods), but I had a great time despite my... sub-optimal play.
  • FindingHeart8
    I played in a prerelease (yes, paper). Went 0-2, 0-2, then dropped. I don't play paper nowadays except for the occasional prerelease tourney. I don't have friends who play anymore, and I'm not going to drop a tin of money to stay competitive at my FLGS. 

Not a big fan of the set (enchantments and gods), but I had a great time despite my... sub-optimal play.
    That's fair.  Playing mtgpq was a way for me to spend less money but play more mtg-related games.

In my playgroup you'd be allowed to run proxies as long as they werent $100 cards or you owned 1 copy of the card.  You shouldn't have to lose $400-600 every time you want to create a new optimized deck.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    way i thought also, loved that aspect of mtgpq have one you have all you need of the card getting it is the hard part
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    It was pretty fun.  I won on the back of my promo being Shadowspear and opening a 2nd one.  Went undefeated.
  • FindingHeart8
    WiLDRAGE said:
    It was pretty fun.  I won on the back of my promo being Shadowspear and opening a 2nd one.  Went undefeated.
    That's awesome!! Way to go :)

I had a lot of fun too.  100+ people showed up for the tournament so big reward pool.  Went undefeated and got 1st place.   Prize was a booster box. :)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    I don't play paper nowadays except for the occasional prerelease tourney. I don't have friends who play anymore, and I'm not going to drop a tin of money to stay competitive at my FLGS.
    Same for me :frowning:
    Glad to hear others are still playing and having fun, though
    Congrats on the big win, FH8

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I don't play paper much these days anymore, but Theros block was one of my absolute favorite sets. I think it should implement nicely into PQ. 

I've seen a few streamers play with the card "Dream Trawler" and it seems exceptionally powerful. Also can't wait for PQ version of Ashiok
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did a 2-Headed Giant and a regular Sealed yesterday, ended up 1-1-1 in both.
    Also got the RB Titan in both pods too, which was fun.

This set is really fun and full of bomb rares and mythics, I've been brewing up a storm on Arena too.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Played like ****. Nothing really exciting except my foil promo was the Kiora Saga. Got a foil Elspeth Saga too but that's it. 
  • JohnnyXII
    JohnnyXII Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    WiLDRAGE said:
    Also got a promo and reg shadowspear in my pack lol pulled a Calix and foil tymaret showcase as well