Any guesses who next weeks 5 will be ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Seen the Morbius trailer today, got me thinking could he be our next 5. Of course it could be any other character as well who knows. 

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    IOS R194 preview on the App Store says “a new Super Villain”.

Many are speculating a meta 5* Mags. My guess is they’re going to be disappointed lol. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    5Mags would be pretty cool, but yeah you never know what curveball they're going to throw at us. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    IOS R194 preview on the App Store says “a new Super Villain”.

Many are speculating a meta 5* Mags. My guess is they’re going to be disappointed lol. 
    5* mags is a perfectly reasonable guess.  But guessing at a new meta character seems very dumb.  Speculation without data is extremely unlikely to payoff, and even data mined info (and to be clear, I have no idea if there is any such data re: a 5* mags) would be incomplete and subject to change.  So betting on a meta character seems like wishful thinking as much as anything else.

Edit:

I will be very curious to see if morbius gets a release in this game.  It's a Sony standalone film, and mpq doesn't usually market for Sony or the old fox films.  But morbius is also, spoilers, apparently in the MCU now, and mpq does hype the Sony MCU films (i.e., homecoming, far from home)
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    The Morbius movie comes out at the end of July there's no point in doing a tie in this early.

If the emphasis on "Super" means anything then maybe Super-Skrull (Kl'rt)?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since there isn't any event this month, which mean the dev has more choices, I'm going with Omega Red.  B)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect we'll get exactly what it says on the tin. A new supervillain. A new character, and one that qualifies as a supervillain. That's the big name, mastermind archetype, the kind of baddie that has their own minions, and could lead villain team-ups, we've got plenty of them in the game already, Doc Ock, Goblin, Doom, Magneto, Loki, Thanos, Apocalypse, Galactus, Kingpin.

Not your solo big bads, which is why I don't think it'll be someone like Super Skrull or Omega Red.

And not a 5-star Magneto, or playable version of one of the bosses, since it says "new." It's a tiny hint, but I'm guessing they wouldn't have said "new" if it were a variant of some sort (because they know people will pick apart their wording).

So, that leaves us someone like... Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Mr Sinister, Sebastian Shaw. Someone in charge of an iconic group (Hydra, Masters of Evil, the Marauders, the Hellfire Club, respectively). There are other options that would fit, but could fit into the game in other places (like Morgan le Fey, she could fit in as a 4* too, or someone like Annihilus or Kang, who could be a boss instead of a 5-star character). So I think it's likely to be one of them, or someone of a similar caliber. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no obvious films or TV shows to tie in with, so it could be pretty much any character from the comics.  We know it is a super villain, so my guess is that it will be the Bodega Bandit.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be surprised if they have finished with the X-Men group of characters and so dipping back into that group whilst basically nothing else is going on seems a decent possibility.

With regard to Morbius - I would tend to agree it is a way off but I do remember that we got Cloak & Dagger off of the the dropping of a trailer months before the show was anywhere near so there is precedent for those types of releases.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to play the percentages and say it's a new variant of either Spider-Man or Wolverine.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they will finally make a decent 5* Hulk, but he’ll be the Maestro. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I'm going to play the percentages and say it's a new variant of either Spider-Man or Wolverine.

Y'know there was an episode of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where Mesmero once made the two swap bodies in a freaky Friday type way, maybe it is both!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m obviously rooting for Omega Red. If they really tried to tie in his power set he could shake things up. 

I think it’s more likely Morbius.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Kang the Conqueror.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never heard of Omega Red or three quarters of the releases recently. I doubt many casual fans have. Theres a reason why so many variants of Spider-Man and Cap get released.

Im going for the Lizard or Electro.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Skull I am hoping....would probably bust my hoard for him, even if he is just ok to good, kind of like 5* Doom. 
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    You want 5 star Magneto.  You'll get 5 star Toad
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would play 5* Toad...I would also accept a 5* Black Tom Cassidy that just calls in the Juggernaut...
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    Dark Beast
    Fin Fang Foom
    Mojo
    Bolivar & Master Mold (Rocket & Groot style combo character)

Any of those would be spectacular. So it will likely be 5* Yelena Belova.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor
    Googam! Or more seriously, I’d love mister sinister
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Adding some of the AoA character versions would be pretty sweet!