MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2020 Edition (Updated 01/29/20)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is Lost In Time a new PvE...? Or perhaps pretty new?
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Yepyep said:
    It's the newest one that focuses on Spider-Man 2099.  I think it's only been run twice before this.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see dead people...oh right, it's Thanos PvP...
  • DAZ0273
    This needs to be the next Support which will be the first you can equip in PvP for everytime Bishop tries and stuns you:

• Yepyep
    DAZ0273 said:
    This needs to be the next Support which will be the first you can equip in PvP for everytime Bishop tries and stuns you:

That sort of looks like a business card for a gay fertility clinic... A whole new world of “sneak peek!”
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    It's the 'best of' PVE: sub 1 you fight Kaecilius at the end, sub 2 you pick Civil War boss battle between Cap and IM,  and sub 3 everyone is boosted!
    I really love sub 3, looking forward to it!
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Hope the next 5 stat is Legion and has an ability that nullifies any passives for a number of turns. Now that would be freaking awesome. And itll balance the meta........kinda 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep said:
    It's the 'best of' PVE: sub 1 you fight Kaecilius at the end, sub 2 you pick Civil War boss battle between Cap and IM,  and sub 3 everyone is boosted!
    I really love sub 3, looking forward to it!
    Right! This one is fun. With the sole emphasis on speed, the thematic differences of tre various events tend to fade away, for me... 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Can't wait for it to be over.
  • DAZ0273
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Oh well - it is R4G boost week next, looking forward to the amazing amount of variety involving a certain X-Men character...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I actually dug this one, but have a pretty robust 5*roster. But I like when PVPs help shake up the comfort zone. 

Started with DoomDevil who can easily heal from court death. 

Then Okoye/DD who can do the same, but Okoye boost the Court Death damage I do to my opponent (as well as DD’s passive stun damage). 

Played Iceman/DD until Iceman died. 

Then hit the Gritty wall and Black Suit / Daredevil (obviously my MVP at this point) got some huge point wins against max rocket/460+ kitties. 

Then with almost full packs I pushed from about 1K to 1200 with my own Gritty. Took a ton of packs fighting mostly higher level mirrors but was able to hit 1200 in one run with no coordination or shields! Never ran Thorkoye or Professor. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Oh well - it is R4G boost week next, looking forward to the amazing amount of variety involving a certain X-Men character...
    It's like 95% Juggs and Rocket and then I get hit by 5*s with Gritty. But I'm at 25 wins already about an hour and a half into the pvp so that's not too bad. For some reason the enemy Strange keeps getting a huge purple cascade every fight and kills off my strikes. On the plus side the enemy teams are dumb and keep using powers so they get blasted in the face each time.

@Daredevil217 In 4* land it was just everyone using Vulture plus Gamora, Peggy or MEHulk. Shielded out with like one health pack left. Blehhh.
  • DAZ0273
    I actually noticed a lot of Juggs out in Strange Days and of course with R4G boosted it meant you could match damage the other team to death without triggering Strange.

Grity is back for Kamala Khan's pvp though judging from my fight options after clearing seed teams...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see a lot of Dr. Strange, Luke Cage, Rogue and R4G. Basically, there are quite a lot of varieties, mostly consisting of boosted 4*. The sad thing is that I haven't seen anyone use Dazzler yet even though she is boosted. Coulson is another rarely seen boosted character in the current PvP.
  • DAZ0273
    I've seen some Coulson teams, zero Dazzler teams. Not a single one.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    But she is a Rocket counter!  All you need to do is have her tank and have a bunch of friendly SAPs out (Rocket) and when she takes enough dmg she stuns the target and removes two enemy SAPs!

Ummmmmm......

I think she was better as the joke response to character clues.  Now we can't fake-guess her anymore, since it seems highly unlikely we'll ever get another version.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Wtih 5 on black, she removes 2 enemy for every 2 ally (up to 8), so if you bring your own rocket you can 1:1 clear out the enemy strikes on opponent turn 1.

I was climbing with 4ocket/Dazzler as best I could for awhile just to do it, but it doesn't work as a defense team for me so eventually I had to switch to Professor X/Other 5* or Rogue. 

I really like the core idea of Dazzler, but she just can't quite keep the board flooded with specials well enough, or absorb enough damage without dying, or tank over my higher leveled characters I'd want to run her with. Dancefloor Queen needs to be way cheaper than 10 red, or it needs some sort of special-spam generating passive component if she is really going to be a self-contained counter to 4ocket.

One cool thing about Dazzler is that she can remove CDs also, so if you have enough specials in play she can keep WCap from doing his thing. She just can't clear out Repeaters, so if Kitty gets Circuit Breaker on the board, it's going to start walking around on you.

• DAZ0273
    Well as I said in another thread I was very much considering champing her as she was boosted. However then I let greed overtake me and instead champed Thing because he had 13 banked covers. Do I regret champing Thing? Actually yes, yes I do. I thought his numbers might improve champed but no, he is just a great big rock faced chump who hits for less damage than Aunt May. Wotta Revoltin' waste of iso. I guess I got 2 LT's though.

So I could still be sold on Dazzler (we share a nickname!) but I'm still not sure she will actually get much use.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    But she is a Rocket counter!  All you need to do is have her tank and have a bunch of friendly SAPs out (Rocket) and when she takes enough dmg she stuns the target and removes two enemy SAPs!

Ummmmmm......

I think she was better as the joke response to character clues.  Now we can't fake-guess her anymore, since it seems highly unlikely we'll ever get another version.

Yeah. Last week when Kingpin was boosted I saw teams with him on but what this seems to be telling me is that the player base at large values Kingpin over Dazzler. It isn't ideal as endorsements go.