The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weekend coalition event ending at Noon on sunday isn't really a full weekend coalition event :/
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @FindingHeart8 - so you would rather have the event drag on and on long after progression is reached?
  • FindingHeart8
    Tremayne said:
    @FindingHeart8 - so you would rather have the event drag on and on long after progression is reached?
    I'd rather not exclude players who have lives outside of this game from having to play at a certain time to compete.  Cutting out half of Sunday is essentially 25% of the weekend for many people.

Ideally I'd like to see each coalition event start with max charges and no recharges (ending 11:59pm Sunday) so players can play through their charges at their leisure over the weekend, but I doubt that'll happen.
  • Tremayne
    @FindingHeart8 - in that case we totally agree! I didn’t get this point with your first post. 😉
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    This weekend the game was basically unplayable for me.

I do most of my playing on the subway, where connection comes and goes a lot between stops.  Usually it isn't an issue (all the loading happens in a station and then I can play in the tunnel), but this weekend the app would just freeze on the loading screens.  The wheel kept spinning, but it wouldn't load (and when I went on airplane mode it wouldn't give me the "no connection" error, meaning it wasn't even trying).

Really frustrating to put up 0s on every event because I couldn't "end match" or "claim rewards"
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weekend coalition event ending at Noon on sunday isn't really a full weekend coalition event :/
    Sounds like most people are glad for this
  • FindingHeart8
    jtwood said:

It sounds like most people are glad it isn't ending monday afternoon.

I'm not saying it should end Monday.  I just don't want it to end early.  I think most of us would agree though that Sunday night at midnight would be optimal.

Heck, I would even be content and compromise with it ending Sunday afternoon at 6pm (so people with 6 hour time differences don't go beyond midnight)..  However, as it is, ending at noon Sunday isn't a full weekend event.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:

I'm not saying it should end Monday.  I just don't want it to end early.  I think most of us would agree though that Sunday night at midnight would be optimal.

Heck, I would even be content and compromise with it ending Sunday afternoon at 6pm (so people with 6 hour time differences don't go beyond midnight)..  However, as it is, ending at noon Sunday isn't a full weekend event.
    I agree, any event ending before noon on a weekend puts us late sleepers in a bit of a bind.

Ending at 4pm EST should keep it reasonable for a large chunk of the world, although nothing can ever be perfect (sorry Australian players, I guess)
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    But what if right now I really really need to swear and cuss. 
  • FindingHeart8
    In my (somewhat frequent) accidentally vising the MPQ forums thinking I'm actually on MTGPQ (reading through the threads in confusion until I finally realize I'm actually lost and in the wrong forum), I can't help but notice MPQ seems to be more organized and less glitchy than MTGPQ, with significantly less complaints too.

Anecdotal evidence, so take it with a grain of skepticism.  But, with the rise of bugs/glitches and player dissatisfaction; it makes me wonder if the developers invest more time into the other games and MTGPQ is merely an afterthought.  What do you think?
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    MtGPQ is less than an afterthought to the MPQ developers.  The company developing MPQ spends zero time on MtGPQ.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    jtwood said:

It’s only early for Americans. For Australians and Asian countries it’s the next day. For Europeans, it’s Sunday night. 
    Consider the global perspective. Events that end later are often in the middle of the night for Europeans or the middle of the work week for the other side of the world. 
    The Americas are just a handful of time zones in this big melting pot game. 
    From a personal perspective, I like RtO because it forces me to wake up in time to clear nodes and not sleep through church on Sunday. 
  • FindingHeart8
    edited January 2020
    bken1234 said:
    jtwood said:

It’s only early for Americans. For Australians and Asian countries it’s the next day. For Europeans, it’s Sunday night. 
    Consider the global perspective. Events that end later are often in the middle of the night for Europeans or the middle of the work week for the other side of the world. 
    From a personal perspective, I like RtO because it forces me to wake up in time to clear nodes and not sleep through church on Sunday. 

A good point @bken1234.  Which even furthers my argument that I elaborated earlier the discussion (I hope the developers do hear us on this @Oktagon_Support) we just do away with recharges and start each event out with the max total charges for the event.  No matter what, events with recharges are weighted favorably to a certain range of time zones, while other zones are left out.  Right now, it isn't a fair competition.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    jtwood said:

A good point @bken1234.  Which even furthers my argument that I elaborated earlier the discussion (I hope the developers do hear us on this @Oktagon_Support) we just do away with recharges and start each event out with the max total charges for the event.  No matter what, events with recharges are weighted favorably to a certain range of time zones, while other zones are left out.  Right now, it isn't a fair competition.

I will always hate this idea. I think recharges offer a layer of strategy to events. I lost a full set of charges this weekend because I had a lot on my plate. My score suffered. Oh well. Have to plan better next time. I am in favor of an extended last charge.  Currently the last charge isn’t even a full charge. It’s 6 hours versus 8. I think it should be 14 hours. 
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Bought the Rowan planeswalker. Doesnt show up in my collection. 
  • Tremayne
    @Narcoticsagent - doesn’t surprise me, since it is not in the planeswalker window. But sure is strange that they put it up for sale if they have forgotten to do the data push.  :s
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I should imagine they are part of the elusive 4.0 they are fixing some of the bugs in........ but have not announced anywhere....... this is more than just a little bit silly now
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Also ELD elite vanguard pack in the vault is there but it's empty for me. Anyone else? 
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Seems iPhone has them, new PW and the Vanguards. Android not yet