New Survey: Rebalance in the works?

Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor
edited January 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Title says all. I was so happy to see that the dev team was specific in turning their attention to some of the low hanging fruit voiced in the forums for a while now; particularly in regards to rebalancing characters and addressing supports. 

I for one, (if something comes of this), am extremely pleased and proud of the development team focusing their efforts on the collective challenges we have all posted about at one time or another. If this is the new trend, count me back in as a supporter of the game.

I would like to hear your thoughts and, once again, preemptive thanks to the devs for what seems to be a fruitful path for both the game and community. I hope the survey pays off!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I guess this is where we find out how much influence the 5* players have if Bishop gets it in the neck.

I also accidentally selected Atlantis as my favourite Support which means I guess I now have to go and find out if I a.) Even have it and b) what it does. I hope there isn't a test...😓😓😓
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 498 Mover and Shaker
    I really liked Northstar running back and forth across the screen.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well I guess this is where we find out how much influence the 5* players have if Bishop gets it in the neck.

I also accidentally selected Atlantis as my favourite Support which means I guess I now have to go and find out if I a.) Even have it and b) what it does. I hope there isn't a test...😓😓😓
    The good news is that Atlantis is a very good Support!  It gives me free green AP a lot which is great with a lot of characters, and makes their powers do more damage.  And that's just Rank 3.

This survey makes me cautiously optimistic, but I guess we'll see what happens as a result.   There have been plenty of surveys with no obvious impact afterwards.
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I am also encouraged that the devs are making a move towards the badly-needed rebalancing. But I doubt the survey will be a lot of help. For example, I chose the option to boost the weaker characters and picked Sentry as most in-need of a boost. I expect the voting to be all over the place and not too helpful. Better, I think, would've been to just rely on forum comments to judge which characters need tweaking and how best to do that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

The good news is that Atlantis is a very good Support!  It gives me free green AP a lot which is great with a lot of characters, and makes their powers do more damage.  And that's just Rank 3.

This survey makes me cautiously optimistic, but I guess we'll see what happens as a result.   There have been plenty of surveys with no obvious impact afterwards.
    I do have Atlantis!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Notwen said:
    I am also encouraged that the devs are making a move towards the badly-needed rebalancing. But I doubt the survey will be a lot of help. For example, I chose the option to boost the weaker characters and picked Sentry as most in-need of a boost. I expect the voting to be all over the place and not too helpful. Better, I think, would've been to just rely on forum comments to judge which characters need tweaking and how best to do that.
    I am sure the dev team is very aware of forum opinions on the matter (the fact that the survey is focused on two hot button forum issues I think would indicate that). This kind of survey gives them a better view of what the player base as a whole thinks of the current state of the game. Add the data they have on what are the most and least used characters and win/loss rates against certain characters and team combos, I think they will be in a better position to determine what changes should be made to increase player enjoyment.

I would be most interested in knowing the results of this survey but I guess we will find out when certain characters get changes this year. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Ebony Maw is mine because it gets Vulture in the air most matches on turn one. Free black AP on the right character makes the matches go that much smoother. 

I'm more worried Grocket gets hit as opposed to Bishop, because too many people note his early tiles on the board only help Kitty and other partners get an early lead in the match, and no matter how many counters for Grocket exist, he's the common equation on most of the teams people skip these days. Like I'll tackle a Bishop team, knowing I can get stunlocked against him, but a C4p Marvel, C4p Worthy Grocket team are now my "not worth the health packs for the points they're offering," especially with the countdown boosting of strike tiles after round 1. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Asking for one character to rebalance seems a bit odd. So are they taking votes and the winner gets a reboot???

I voted surfer. It was between him, banner, Phoenix and OML.
    Surfer won my vote, too. :)

It was basically between him and God Emperor Doom (although now that I think about Black Suit Spidey could also use some love). 

DAZ0273 said:

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I do have Atlantis!
    Worth saying it also works on passive powers.  Very useful on Chavez, must try it on Juggs sometime.
    I chose Emma, not that I hate her powerset but it could do with speeding up.  In my opinion there are worse characters in the game that maybe need the rework more. but I don't care about the actual source characters where I would actually like to use Emma.
    Out of self interest I probably should have said Banner though, he's my second highest cover 5 star and I have no interest in using him or getting more, what if he was suddenly good...

• bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    Btw, which support is the "Six Pack*"?
    Domino is part of the Six Pack in the comics.....an unreleased Support?

A screener to get rid of noobs/fake responses?
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    On "where do you get your news?" i chose the forum and wrote in Other -> forum players who get it from discord and then report it back to the forum

One option was the MPQ YouTube channel?  Which hasn't posted a new video in 6 months?

Discord is no longer a source of information, everyone is equally in the dark.  
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:
    Btw, which support is the "Six Pack*"?
    A screener to get rid of noobs/fake responses?
    They are trying to see how many of us are playing drunk.
  • bluewolf
    Oh.....

Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop Bishop

(Both my vote and the teams I see in PVP)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    One issue I had with the survey was when I had to scroll through characters it kept skipping me to the next question.  It was a bit frustrating and I also wish there was a sort button for 5*,4*, 3* to make it easier to select the character I wanted.

I really hope they get some character balancing going on quickly as this is something that has been needed for a while.

i will also say about the survey was it was interesting to see the forum was one of the last choices on how people get their news and was something I had to search for a little bit.  I wonder if they will consolidate some of their media.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont like surveys when they dont give me the option of N/A

For example;

Favorite Support : None - I personally don't like supports or use them
    Favorite Costume : None - I don't value or like costumes

And we really should have had multiple choice for character re-balances.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor
    These are all great responses and I believe the devs are working hard to cover ground lost.

Expanded thoughts:

Because the survey didn’t seek to answer whether we would like to see rebalances, but rather how we would like to see them appropriated, reads to me that the team is focused on adjustments. It very well could take time to see implications. Additionally, I believe once one achieves their first maxed cover 5* candidate, the pursuit favors a rebalancing of that tier as match damage, abilities, and health vary on a larger range than newly implemented 4*’s compared to their own predecessors.

On the subject of supports, I agree that this is still within the devs team of specific issues to handle by the questions in the poll. Perhaps they will be focused more on distributing more supports that offer the mechanics the survey results yield in order to facilitate a “rebirth” of the segment within the game; whether for monetary or gameplay reasons, both can be true at once. Think if they allowed, for example, the use of supports in pvp. The amount of stir for people to chase supports in conjunction to characters...it could redefine the gameplay altogether...just a thought.

Ultimately time will tell, and I do wish some of this polling data would make its way back to the community for interest of seeing where we all stand on the topics in general. 

Back to more pontification!
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    On "where do you get your news?" i chose the forum and wrote in Other -> forum players who get it from discord and then report it back to the forum

One option was the MPQ YouTube channel?  Which hasn't posted a new video in 6 months?

Discord is no longer a source of information, everyone is equally in the dark.  
    What happened with discord?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wish they had an additional feedback portion on this one.

I want to have base stats evened out in the 5* tier. Match damage should all be the same. I want weaker characters made better but also want bishop dealt with somehow. Ideally by a character that could counter him.