Yo, Joe!

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, thanks Bluewolf for theheads up.

Well GI Joe vs Transformers has been on the radar since 2013 so if GI Joe Puzzle Quest is a success maybe we might get a Transformers Puzzle Quest! Then we can have the ultimate Puzzle Quest crossover event! Boss battle vs Megatron, Cobra Commander & Thanos!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Apparently later this year (October), we will be getting a Snake Eyes film which is filming now (or just finished).  I'm not sure what other things they might be pushing, but they are apparently still working on a 3rd GI Joe film with more of the characters in it.  The first two are both somewhat in the "dumb but fun" category if you enjoyed the cartoon or toys.

I think it's just a very well known IP and it's hard to stand out in the App Store, especially now, so the advantage was worth the (presumably not too high) licensing costs.  I would also assume Hasbro is interested in getting GI Joe into people's minds again if they are ramping up towards movies, and they seem to think they can get a Hasbro Cinematic Universe going at some point.
    Hope he can remember all that dialogue!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81052/brigby-from-mtgpq-to-g-i-joe#latest

Brigby is moving to take responsibility of the GI Joe forum section and Ice is now overseeing both MPQ and MtGPQ.  Just found that interesting....
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Well GI Joe vs Transformers has been on the radar since 2013 so if GI Joe Puzzle Quest is a success maybe we might get a Transformers Puzzle Quest! Then we can have the ultimate Puzzle Quest crossover event! Boss battle vs Megatron, Cobra Commander & Thanos!
    Only the gi joe game is not puzzle quest. Or even made by the same devs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:

You enjoyed that didn't you? Fine, Transformers Puzzle Quest!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Iron man would just hack em all and it would be game over. I would still play it though. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Iron man would just hack em all and it would be game over. I would still play it though. 
    Talk about a killer hook.  Iron Man is amassing an army of Autobots while Doom collects Decepticons.  While GI Joe is....I guess they are shooting all the Doombots, since that's what they are best at hitting.

Gotta hack 'em all!