Well, let's not waste time then

Options
Quantius
Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
@IceIX

Welcome and here are some questions:

1. Are Throne of Eldraine vanguards going to be a thing at this point? If so, is there even the roughest of ETA's?
  2. Is Theros Beyond Death in the works? With the addition of GI Joe and the loss of @Brigby it would probably help to know if TBD (what a great acronym from Wizards) is happening.
  3. Lastly, I know monetization helps keep games alive, has any thought been given to selling cosmetics? Borders, playing field backgrounds, stuff like that.

Comments

• Quantius
    Options
    I would love answers to those questions as well, but not even Brigby could provide them (whether it was lack of permission to tell us or simply something the devs don't communicate, who knows?).

So I asked questions that should have an answer, and imo, if they're working on Theros Beyond Death, then that means work continues and the game still has legs. If Theros isn't on it's way, then I think we all have our answer.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While I sincerely doubt there is any sense in holding out for a definitive answer from a publisher to this question, all three of your questions allude to the one question I think is on everyone's mind and that is what is the current state of the game from a revenue perspective?

I really don't want to add fuel to the rumor mill, but I am curious if we (those that spend money on the game) are simply throwing our money into a burning fire pit.

I myself absolutely love this game and have no issue spending money on it. However, I'm becoming more and more cautious of doing so as sets\cards release with new mechanics that are buggy as all heck. The Exclusives in the Vault for Eldraine are especially disturbing seeing as how I don't think there has been one released yet that didn't have at least one card that was bugged.

You can claim all day long that "the game isn't going anywhere," that doesn't mean much when you speak for a publisher. Is it too much to ask for a roadmap on known issues and what is being done to address them?

Just some thoughts.
    Super duper agree with all of this. All great points.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:
    I would love answers to those questions as well, but not even Brigby could provide them (whether it was lack of permission to tell us or simply something the devs don't communicate, who knows?).

So I asked questions that should have an answer, and imo, if they're working on Theros Beyond Death, then that means work continues and the game still has legs. If Theros isn't on it's way, then I think we all have our answer.

It confuses me that Brigby is leaving in the first place.  As with his promotion allowing him to have a more hands-on role with game development, I would've thought he'd be ideal for MTGPQ instead of the new game...unless MTGPQ is indeed a sinking ship, that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure ICEIX is a swell guy, but this, overall, still feels strange.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I sincerely doubt there is any sense in holding out for a definitive answer from a publisher to this question, all three of your questions allude to the one question I think is on everyone's mind and that is what is the current state of the game from a revenue perspective?

I really don't want to add fuel to the rumor mill, but I am curious if we (those that spend money on the game) are simply throwing our money into a burning fire pit.

I myself absolutely love this game and have no issue spending money on it. However, I'm becoming more and more cautious of doing so as sets\cards release with new mechanics that are buggy as all heck. The Exclusives in the Vault for Eldraine are especially disturbing seeing as how I don't think there has been one released yet that didn't have at least one card that was bugged.

You can claim all day long that "the game isn't going anywhere," that doesn't mean much when you speak for a publisher. Is it too much to ask for a roadmap on known issues and what is being done to address them?

Just some thoughts.
    I bought those exclusives,  what bugs are you referring to? I haven't encountered any bugs 
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    @Gunmix25 For example: the Happy ever ending: it sometime not triggered event if you fulfill all the requirements (5 color + full health) 

• Quantius
    Options
    Quantius said:

It confuses me that Brigby is leaving in the first place.  As with his promotion allowing him to have a more hands-on role with game development, I would've thought he'd be ideal for MTGPQ instead of the new game...unless MTGPQ is indeed a sinking ship, that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure ICEIX is a swell guy, but this, overall, still feels strange.

Agreed, it does feel weird. And to top it off, it's the GI Joe IP . . . is there a big market for GI Joe these days? I dunno. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:

I agree, Brigby is the absolute last person I would expect to leave MTGPQ, since he's been with it for so long and is intimately familiar with how everything (and everyone here) work.  I've had a weird feeling of malaise for a while with this game, and its only getting stronger.  I don't like it.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    Options
    There will be a point where that they can't keep building this game on such a poor foundation. The fixes are lacking immediate attention and the bug section has no "investigating" tags anywhere like before. This game could do with a reboot while transferring credits to existing accounts when joining the new game. I've seen it done with other games, why not this one? 
    People might get irate if this would happen , but this game needs a definite upgrade. Its way to choppy and unstable for todays standard. After all this time we don't even have a toggle between standard and legacy.
    Brigby probably deserves a rest from these forums anyways. Hard to manage this game with your hands tied.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Just some thoughts.
    I bought those exclusives,  what bugs are you referring to? I haven't encountered any bugs 
    As mentioned HEA only works if you haven't taken any damage during the match. If you meet the conditions after healing back to full health then the "Gain 30 loyalty" doesn't trigger.

Workshop Elders only works when ETB, it doesn't trigger every combat as stated on the card.

Faeburrow Elder only buffs once when it ETB, even if you have multiple non-token creature colors in play.