S.H.I.E.L.D training event

2»

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Loaners and Vulture. Bishop never even triggered.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    My board was somehow inexplicably devoid of matchable black, so I spent the entire mission targeting Kingpin until I had enough blue to stun Bishop, then switch to Bishop and start making matches using 2099's damage boost.  Lather, rinse, repeat for Red Hulk.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I had to do it with the loaner Vulture because mine is Lv. 327 and has the Hyrda Henchmen support to further increase his black match damage. That meant he would be the one who'd get stunned first, leaving SM 2099 to also get stunned when I made matches in blue or black. Northstar was practically useless. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I used the loaners too. Nice thing about that is that you can back out without penalty. Not a very enjoyable fight though.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    halirin said:
    I guess people don't know how to move Bishop out of the front position? That was super easy. 
    I was so used to triggering him that I didn’t even think of moving him until my 3rd try. Still took 2 more tries after that.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Had a harder time beating Rogue with Valkyrie in crash :) 
  • ROY84
    ROY84 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I beat it on the first try but definitely by a hair. Bishop is just impossible to get around without sheer luck. Simple as that. You get lucky and get enough AP before his stun procs or you just have a crazy run of matches or you widdle away at him taking massive damage and hope the other side doesn't get enough AP for their abilities to finish you off.

The fact is, he's hard to beat because his **** is cumulative and until that changes or d3 starts putting out characters to counteract his abilities, he'll be overpowered.

I'm not one for saying characters are OP. They're either really good or not. Unlike many here I don't think Juggs is overpowered. I can easily beat a gritty team without much effort really...but Bishop? I don't quite think there's any way around him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    supergarv said:
    Awesome way to showcase a new char. This is more a show-off for Bishop instead of North Star.

Also... the other nodes requiring Vulture/MrF/2099 is genius. Total black/blue overlap.

I don‘t get it. This training should make us want a new char and spend for it, yes?
    Lol nothing beats the troll team from mysterio training event.

I found that one way easier than this. If I tried to keep Bishop under control, Kingpin would take away all my black. If I went for KP, Bishop would do it. Never once managed to get Vulture into the air. Eventually, I was able to have 2099 chomp Bishop and Kingpin, and with them out of the way for a few turns, I was able to get on top of things.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 said:
    Had a harder time beating Rogue with Valkyrie in crash :) 
    Oh yeah, that was a nightmare. Took me four tries.

I blew through the loaner node, but the board gave me tons of black. I was airborne with Vulture by turn 2.