COtT: Daddy Issues - Gamora Vs Thanos

This weeks Clash is brought to you by family counseling services. If your adopted father is a galactic screwup and homocidal maniac that has left you with serious daddy issues Then now is the time to work things out. I brought nothing but my skills and fully covered Gamora to this clash. And that is all it took. The board was flush with blue black and green. After snagging a large swath of blue I sent Thanos to bed without his supper and proceeded to clear the rest of the black blue and green tiles. Why green you ask? Because they were in the way. After multiple stuns and a deadliest woman Thanos simply collapsed into retirement.  Not a difficult clash by any stretch. 

Comments

• KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    One of the easiest in recent memory thanks to the long blue stun.
    Quite welcome after the last COtT, Valk vs Rogue, which was a slog denying her green which would disable red and of course Valks only dmg dealing ability.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget to watch out for his purple. If he gets that countdown out, your red and black are essentially useless until he's stunned or it's matched away.
    That said, Gamora's strong, cheap stun makes this one a relatively easy Crash in general. Kept him stunned most of the time, gradually built up special tiles, and then eventually dropped him with my red.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my champed Gamora. Since I didn't expect Thanos to play fair, I brought along a pouch full of red, black, and blue AP. Big T didn't have a great day, as the board was a mess of blue, black and red. I think I cast blue on turn three, black on turn five, and red on turn seven. From there it was just a few turns of clean-up, and the strike and attack tiles lying around sped that along. 

My reward was a champ level for Hulkbuster. He always makes me grin when one of his covers pops up, as I remember that only once in my MPQ career have I ever landed first place in a PvP event, and it was for Hulkbuster covers (when he was still pretty new and sought after). I don't think I've been higher than top 25 since then. You know it's an easy bracket when 808 lands you first place.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Push me off a cliff will you?!?!?"

Gamora wasn't having any of it. Stun, specials bam pow kapow, slash! No more chores (like hunting Infinity Stones) for Gamora!