R194 is available

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
Here is a link to the notes on the D3Go website..... Just a list of bug fixes.

https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest-r194-release-notes/

On the App Store it says:

Happy New Year from MPQ!  Celebrate all month long with FREE tokens, a Super Villain, more Shard options, and all-new thrilling content!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure how I feel about that Spider Bite fix - I guess the stun doesn’t resolve before the CD does?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Also choosing to ignore that this is the way we saw these notes. 

Curious who the villain will be? Morbius trailer is all over the place today, could be him?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure how I feel about that Spider Bite fix - I guess the stun doesn’t resolve before the CD does?
    It seems out of the norm when Strange can use his blue. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i guess it just goes on the shelf next to Juggern4ut’s additional damage being specifically excluded from Wakanda Forever! Even though it it textually appropriate for it to stack.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* super villain?  So I think Morbius will come out with his movie rather than now.  I think this will be a non MCU tie in.

Maybe Magneto, Red Skull, Mr Sinister, Crossbones, Lady Deathstrike, Mephisto.

i would actually really like to see Mr Sinister, Red Skull, or Lady Deathstike.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Runaways 3 has Morgan Le Fey, I guess it could be a late tie in there
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I wonder what the "more shards options" refers to 🤔
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think more shard options could mean players can choose whether to use the feature or not. I guess, based on the feedbacks here,  it's the ability to move shards around, or trade shards for colourless shards at some cost.

And new thrilling events could mean new alliance mode.

I'm excited to see who that Super Villiain is. I hope it's Omega Red since it looks to be "off-season".
  • Mikbro81
    Mikbro81 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Maybe it means that you have to use it on thanos for the countdown to appear? I hope
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping that we'll be able to target limited characters as well as new characters. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they FINALLY implement shards into placement/progression rewards?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me, "Super Villain" points more towards Red Skull, Mr Sinister, or Magneto, and not as much towards Omega Red, Morbius, Crossbones, Lady Deathstrike, etc. A real top of the food chain villain.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    more bundles for sale!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    To me, "Super Villain" points more towards Red Skull, Mr Sinister, or Magneto, and not as much towards Omega Red, Morbius, Crossbones, Lady Deathstrike, etc. A real top of the food chain villain.
    I’m no authority, but while Red Skull would be great, I recently watched Infinity War and Endgame for the first time; Red Skull’s role in those films was definitely no longer thst of a supervillain... He was more of a butler and he seemed almost penitent...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope it isn't Morbius to be honest because he is kind'a dull but having Blade at 4* level with vamp powers probably leaves a space at the 5* tier for more Creatures of the Night.

5* Magneto would be awesome but I would want him to be even better than Doom!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Yepyep said:
    JHawkInc said:
    I’m no authority, but while Red Skull would be great, I recently watched Infinity War and Endgame for the first time; Red Skull’s role in those films was definitely no longer thst of a supervillain... He was more of a butler and he seemed almost penitent...
    Not exactly the first place I would go for a solid representation of Red Skull. Not likely to even be in the top 10. 

That's kinda like saying Odin wouldn't make a good character because he spends most of Thor: Ragnarok dead.
    Definitely I understand your point, but MPQ, at least, seems to be highly driven by the films w/r/t how characters are represented. As opposed to by the comics, at least in my understanding. I’m most certainly willing to be wrong... Red Skull was an awesome baddie in that first Cap America film! (V fun film...)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that it's about time Magneto gets some 5* loving. Proper meta style loving too. Last year I had in my head how his powers would work. I think I was thinking along the lines of lots of AP steal/generation, board destruction and sending opponents airborne to 'remove' them from battle. God I hope I'm not disappointed  :)
    With a new METAL affiliation.  5* mags could send anyone airborne that is metal.  Riri, Colossus, all the wolverines, IM.  Just toss all of them with one magnetic push!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    I agree that it's about time Magneto gets some 5* loving. Proper meta style loving too. Last year I had in my head how his powers would work. I think I was thinking along the lines of lots of AP steal/generation, board destruction and sending opponents airborne to 'remove' them from battle. God I hope I'm not disappointed  :)
    With a new METAL affiliation.  5* mags could send anyone airborne that is metal.  Riri, Colossus, all the wolverines, IM.  Just toss all of them with one magnetic push!

It is better news than that! Magneto has even been shown to be able to affect the iron content in somebodies blood in the comic books! So for anybody concerned, presumably Bishop can join the others in orbit!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Anyone else's game autoquit after loading to 100 percent? Mine did numerous times this morning after finishing my DPD and two clears for the PVE... Restarted my computer but it had a pending Windows update trying to install, so I don't know if that fixed the issue.Â