I wish they all could be like RTO!

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
(The title of this post should be sung to the tune of The Beach Boys - I Wish They All Could Be California Girls)

Seriously, this event is the model for a 5 node PVP. What's the difference between this awesome event and that bummer TGT? Just two simple things - length and rewards. Just fix the new events gosh darn it! Then all of us could be happy about the current state of affairs.

For the record Extinction will be sitting out the following from competitive play:
  • TGT
  • TE
  • RAW
None of these are worth our players time. Forcing the coalition to play them leads players quitting. I'm not starting a general boycott or anything (as that didn't work last time) just letting everyone know how displeased we are with these.

@Brigby @LakeStone

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three node events like RAW are not very grindy. I would much rather they remove TDW. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice rewards are always welcome but it is downright silly to have events where the perfect score is 3x-4x times progression and are 70+ hrs long.

This. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hey @GrizzoMtGPQ. You read my mind! This morning I told my team mates I was going to write a post about how happy we all are about RtO ending on Sunday. Almost all of them replied that they were very pleased they didn't have to worry about missing charges due to work, having some time off after the event on Sundays, etc. I see we are getting another event that ends on Sunday this weekend, so kudos for the devs. Now, on the other hand, this could be of course all coincidence so @Oktagon_Support @Brigby, I propose a step 2:

Can you CONSIDER shortening all the events that flow into Mondays and COMMUNICATE with us about this process? Like Grizzo said, it has a very positive effect on the player base!
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I second (third?) the sentiment shared by @GrizzoMtGPQ and @Machine
    Just want to share the positive vibes and boost the good things going on in this game. More Sunday event end times!

• Morgoth
    Morgoth Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would agree with OP except my perfect score got ruined by the game freezing on my 2nd to last charge for the event.  My phone almost became airborne.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agree this might be the best coalition event.  Ends on Sunday and great rewards.  Only problem is unless your perfect or near it, your not getting inside the top 50 for yourself.    
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I joined Race to Orazca early Saturday morning and didn't even notice the event run-time.  Come yesterday afternoon I was very surprised that it had ended an hour or so after I cleared my last charge.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree this might be the best coalition event.  Ends on Sunday and great rewards.  Only problem is unless your perfect or near it, your not getting inside the top 50 for yourself.    
    Yeah, the competitive tightness of this event surprised me. I didn't remember it that way last time, though I'm sure that's on me.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed, I love the length and reward of RtO.  TDW/TGT are just ridiculous.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loved it for the same reasons with one minor change; the max number of charges. I get that it is a short event but joining in bracket 2 and simply sleeping cost me a full round.