Brigby: From MTGPQ to G.I. Joe

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

With 2020 now upon us, a new year means new beginnings and new opportunities.

As some of you might know, we recently announced our next title: G.I. Joe: War on Cobra. While this is certainly exciting news for us to reveal, it is also a bittersweet moment for me to inform everyone that I will also be transitioning onto its Production team, and off of Magic: Puzzle Quest.

As sad as I am to be leaving the amazingly passionate MTGPQ community, taking my spot will be a seasoned D3 Go! Production veteran: @IceIX . He has been the champion Producer for Marvel Puzzle Quest since its inception, and now he will also be supporting Magic: Puzzle Quest as its Producer.

In addition, Oktagon will also be taking steps to increase the level of engagement they're able to have with the community, as some of you may have already seen @Oktagon_Support posting articles and replies.

With IceIX joining Oktagon at the game's helm, I'm excited to see the progress and growth MTGPQ will experience in the future.

May your cascades be long, and your top-decks always useful!

Cheers,
Brigby

Comments

• Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    I am happy for you and sad for MTGPQ. 

Please forgive the less than flattering analogy but this feels like the rats are fleeing the sinking ship.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    congrats @Brigby

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Sad to see you go @Brigby now I really fear for the future of this game I love so much.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck Brigby. All the best. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby congrats on the new role!!!!  We're all definitely going to miss you here, you've been the best part of the MTGPQ team all these years and it won't be the same without you.

I'll be sure to ping you every once in a while just so you don't fee left out :D
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    You will be missed here...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fare ye well kind sir, I'm sure we'll see you around the traps occasionally...
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Bittersweet Congrats!  :)
    Best of luck to you on the new project. 
    And never forget to "know", because that's half the battle!  ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish you well!  Come back and say hi sometime :)
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Congrats @Brigby! That's a big hole for @IceIX to fill.
    Welcome @IceIX! And good luck... you will need it ;-)
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Hey Brigby, thanks for your commitment over those few years, wish you the best !
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats  @Brigby ! Sad to see you go but you got this buddy, go kick some tinykitty :)
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Peace @Brigby!!!
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. Thank you all so much for the kind words!

With G.I. Joe: War on Cobra launching globally in a week, I'll probably be kept pretty busy, but I'm sure I'll find myself stopping by the MTGPQ side every now and then to say hi :pensive:

(especially if there's a new fun combo people have been trying out! :p)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Little known fact about @IceIX, he was around when MTGPQ kicked off, left D3Go! for awhile and returned in 2018 (I think?). Maybe he can provide us some insight in the initial development. As someone who has been around since the beginning and loves the history of the game, I am excited to welcome a fellow vet! 

I can also tell everyone he is nothing short of beloved on the Marvel boards, so I count us lucky to have him joining the team with Oktagon_Support here. 

Finally congrats @Brigby — it has genuinely been an honor, from a mod experience, to work with you on MtGPQ for the last 2 years. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs in this game and I’d like to take a moment to thank you for all the time you took to listen and talk out issues and try to understand. Maybe they didn’t always go our way, but you did always try to get the community perspective. You were quick to deal with critical issues when you could. Best of luck in your new position! 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    Little known fact about @IceIX, he was around when MTGPQ kicked off, left D3Go! for awhile and returned in 2018 (I think?). Maybe he can provide us some insight in the initial development. As someone who has been around since the beginning and loves the history of the game, I am excited to welcome a fellow vet! 

Wait, does that mean he remembers the Mana wheel loading wheel?  Could he possible agree with me that it would be awesome if it came back?
    Nobody but the true OGs remember that thing lol  :D
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:

I can also tell everyone he is nothing short of beloved on the Marvel boards, so I count us lucky to have him joining the team with Oktagon_Support here. 
    I want to believe this, but in over a week we didn't get a simple "Hi guys". What's the deal? 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:

I want to believe this, but in over a week we didn't get a simple "Hi guys". What's the deal? 

Good point, when is he planning on joining?  We feel neglected :'(

@Brigby
  • Brigby
    bken1234 said:

Good point, when is he planning on joining?  We feel neglected :'(

Brigby
    IceIX is the secondary point of contact, as he'll be working more behind the scenes. @Oktagon_Support should be your primary point of contact, and the person that will be interacting the most in the forum with everyone.