CP/HP/Support Only VIP Option?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
I've supported the game on and off for quite some time.  When I started to taper off my spending, I'd still go for VIP, because for what it is, I feel it is a decent way to support a game that I really enjoy and the rewards were a nice perk.

Now that I've been playing for quite some time, I've become way past Iso.  I also earn enough HP to roster new characters as they are released and shield for PVP.  I'm at 262 roster slots, so maybe that HP need will change here as I continue to roster dupe 4s and new characters are released.  Continuing VIP seemed silly when all the Iso was just extra coins on top of the dragon's hoard.

I'd still like to show my love for the game by tossing them a few dollars every now and again, like I did with VIP, or with a Bugle Pittance, or an Agency Expense, but again, I don't really need any of those purchase rewards.  Spending extra HP on shards really only nets me a reduced payout in HP, needless Iso, and the occasional shard/CP, so that's not much of an option.  It's hard for me to bring myself to buy cover rewards since I have just about every non-recent character champed and I'll get those covers organically anyway.  I'll take advantage of some of the HP stores occasionally, but that really doesn't help with supporting the game financially, though.

I know this may be a Vet player problem, but would a different tier of VIP be desired by other players in my position?  One that granted HP and CP or CP only?  Obviously not enough to break the game and become the whaliest of the whales, but enough to get some useful drops and still support the game.   What about a Support VIP?  Getting a random support drop every day?  That might be fun.

Anyway, thought I'd throw this out there and see if it gained any traction.

Keep on grinding, my friends.

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @pheregas
    There was a discussion about this a few months ago when their Magic game started doing tiers to their VIP.  As you've probably seen on these forums, there was enormous pushback (if my memory serves me right, it's been a while) about how things like that would make MPQ more pay to win.  I forgot who said this, but MPQ is the one rare game I can think of where you don't have to pay to win.  Sure it helps, but it's not required unless you want to be king of the hill (i tell you what...i miss that show...)

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    @pheregas
    There was a discussion about this a few months ago when their Magic game started doing tiers to their VIP.  As you've probably seen on these forums, there was enormous pushback (if my memory serves me right, it's been a while) about how things like that would make MPQ more pay to win.  I forgot who said this, but MPQ is the one rare game I can think of where you don't have to pay to win.  Sure it helps, but it's not required unless you want to be king of the hill (i tell you what...i miss that show...)

Whether MPQ requires paying to win depends entirely upon how you define winning. . .
  • pheregas
    Reminder that I am not looking to Pay to Win.  I'm looking to kick in some dollars to support the game, but with rewards that would actually be useful.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

Whether MPQ requires paying to win depends entirely upon how you define winning. . .

Last time it came up we all agreed that a Maxed-Champed Bag-Man was all you needed to win MPQ.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

Last time it came up we all agreed that a Maxed-Champed Bag-Man was all you needed to win MPQ.
    I'm a winner!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

I'm a winner!
    I used to be a winner but now I need 22 covers to be a winner again.
  • pheregas
    tiomono said:
    MegaBee said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

I'm a winner!
    Guess I'm working on my 4th winner...  Only 33 covers to go!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    MegaBee said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

I'm a winner!
    Same here — I need 20 TBAWA. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow I won 4 straight blue bagmans in a row during Visions' PVP.  I think I won the game so hard I broke it...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:

Same here! 3 max-champs on my roster (can't bring myself to sell them) and one max-covered with 7 saved (so 43 covers to go).
  • Yepyep
    pheregas said:

Same here! 3 max-champs on my roster (can't bring myself to sell them) and one max-covered with 7 saved (so 43 covers to go).
    It’s good to have those champs in the bank. Both for iso and to hold those roster slots safe from invasive 1*s...
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

New vote?  You win MPQ when you have all Limited characters max champed?
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Tucsonjon said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

Yes!! I've got a loooong way to go though :)
  • Yepyep
    Tucsonjon said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    @pheregas

That will NEVER happen for me. Sheesh. I still only have 9 covers on my Poorly Porker. And frankly, he’s the wurst possible place to put my iso. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    he’s the wurst possible place to put my iso. 
    What a delicious pun.