S.H.I.E.L.D training event

Pida9109
Pida9109 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Am i the only 1 that cant beat the first lvl of the S.H.I.E.L.D training event ??? 

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're probably not the only one.  Key is to bring a stun to inactivate Bishop or have SM 2099 do it.  Watch your match damage so you don't trigger him until he's stunned.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I got slapped a bit harder than I was expecting (finished it with around 1000 hp for each character).  It didn't help there was a lot of color crossover for all three characters AND you had to fight Bishop.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep... Just get the blue to stun Bishop.  Work him over soundly.  Get vulture in the air to keep making blue.  Repeat a ton.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was tricky but I did it on the 1st attempt with the loaners by vulturing them to death. Took a little while though... 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    From Reddit, a lot of players seems to have trouble with this node. I have played six rounds of this node and triggered Bishop only 2 out of 6 times. Out of 6 play, only Spidey-2099 was downed twice and Northstar was downed once.  I guess their Spidey-2099 or Vulture match damage is high enough to trigger Bishop to jump in front?

When you use Northstar's yellow, just remember not to use it against Kingpin because it will turn black tiles into teamup tiles. It will target red tiles for the other two.

Simply focus on either black, blue or green. Take note of opponent's purple ap. I targeted Kingpin first. Stun Bishop and use Vulture's AoE and you are more or less done. If black tiles are scattered around, use Northstar's blue to target the row with the most black tiles.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 50 Nova is battering Northstar though. Might apply an unused support with damage addition to sort him out.... 🤞
  • pheregas
    Scofie said:
    Lvl 50 Nova is battering Northstar though. Might apply an unused support with damage addition to sort him out.... 🤞
    I reserve AP boosts for TU nukes for these one on ones.  Not too difficult if you're just going for 9 to 12 TU AP.
  • pheregas
    PiMacleod said:
    Yep... Just get the blue to stun Bishop.  Work him over soundly.  Get vulture in the air to keep making blue.  Repeat a ton.
    Once Bishop is stunned, you can drop 2099's black.  BOOM!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    The first time I tried it I got wrecked, bishop had my entire team stun locked.  Second time I brought a strong 5 star team up, collected team up AP and one shot bishop right away.  I'm used to bishop doing this to my 5 stars but I didn't expect my 4 stars match damage to be setting him off, I think it was Spider-Man 2099's web shooting that was causing it.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome way to showcase a new char. This is more a show-off for Bishop instead of North Star.

Also... the other nodes requiring Vulture/MrF/2099 is genius. Total black/blue overlap.

I don‘t get it. This training should make us want a new char and spend for it, yes?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I beat it first time with the loaners - you need to have black early then you can win with basically just Vulture. don't waste time collecting green until Red hulk is dead- put red hulk in the front, use his red tile as a board shake to get more black
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I used the loaners and survived the fight but won’t be trying it again. Nothing I’d want to experience a second time. 

Vulture was the only one left standing. I don’t think that was the right group for any synergy at all what with all three having blue and black. No one in my alliance is excited about the Canadian version of Talos.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    Awesome way to showcase a new char. This is more a show-off for Bishop instead of North Star.

Also... the other nodes requiring Vulture/MrF/2099 is genius. Total black/blue overlap.

I don‘t get it. This training should make us want a new char and spend for it, yes?
    Lol nothing beats the troll team from mysterio training event.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    I won quite easily on my first attempt (team was roughly half damaged).   Once Vulture got airborne it was all over. However it did take a TON of turns though because Vultures Green CD kept getting matched away before it went off which is extremely annoying and I was using all the Blue for Spiderman stuns instead of Vultures Blue damage power.

On the hand, Bishop did nothing for the other team (a couple of late game stuns when he was literally the only enemy character left with any health so I had to target him). Not sure how other players are triggering him so much as he never jumped to the front on any of my matches (including a couple of match 5 cascades).

KGB
  • Pida9109
    Pida9109 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    From Reddit, a lot of players seems to have trouble with this node. I have played six rounds of this node and triggered Bishop only 2 out of 6 times. Out of 6 play, only Spidey-2099 was downed twice and Northstar was downed once.  I guess their Spidey-2099 or Vulture match damage is high enough to trigger Bishop to jump in front?

When you use Northstar's yellow, just remember not to use it against Kingpin because it will turn black tiles into teamup tiles. It will target red tiles for the other two.

Simply focus on either black, blue or green. Take note of opponent's purple ap. I targeted Kingpin first. Stun Bishop and use Vulture's AoE and you are more or less done. If black tiles are scattered around, use Northstar's blue to target the row with the most black tiles.
    Thank you I got it done. But now I cant even continue the rest of the event because I dont have the heroes needed for the fight lol. What a stupid event. I literally was only able to do that first event. Smh
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler

Thank you I got it done. But now I cant even continue the rest of the event because I dont have the heroes needed for the fight lol. What a stupid event. I literally was only able to do that first event. Smh
    Get used to it.  
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Am I wrong to say that this challenge demonstrated perfectly how broken Bishop is?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost the first time,  then used the loaner Spidey and had no issues at all. My vulture is only about 310ish so that helps. I just stunned bishop and hulk then dropped the vulture green and black.

I love stuff like this and wish there was more of it in normal pve to break up the scores.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I wrong to say that this challenge demonstrated perfectly how broken Bishop is?
    I would say yes it is wrong to say this challenge demonstrates how broken bishop is. I could make normal match 3's and ignore him until I wanted to deal with him by stunning with 2099's blue and one shotting him with vultures green.

If they forced you to use a 5* character then yes it would demonstrate how broken is.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I guess people don't know how to move Bishop out of the front position? That was super easy.