who to level?

Options
I have just finished my patches and wanted to know who i should level now.
My main team is Patch, spidey and MnMags.

current roster
4*
wolv 1/2/0 34/50

3*
Patch 5/5/3 141/141
Spidey 2/5/2 89/89
Hulk 5/1/2 76 78/79
Loki 5/3 62/89
Psy 5/3/3 58/115
IM40 3/2/3 57/77
DD 5/3/5 53/141
Punish 3/5/5 53/141
Thor 1/3/3 50/66
Hood 3/4/2 44/89
panth 3/3/3 41/89
mag 1/3/1 25/43
doom 2/0 25/25
rag 2/1 15/28
BW 0/1/0 15/15

2*
Mmag 3/5/5 85/85
Ares 4/4/5 71/85
hawk 5/5/3 43/85
Cap 3/5/5 40/85
Thor 4/3/5 29/77
storm 5/5/3 23/85
BW 5/3/5 16/85
daken 5/5 11/85
wolv 5/5/3 9/85
moon 5/5/3 8/85
spidey 5/5/3 6/85
bull 5/5 6/85

1*
IM 35 5/5/3 50/50
Mstorm 5/5/3 50/50
BW 5/5 40/40
juggernaut 5/5 30/40
hawk 5/5 1/40
venom 5/5 1/40
yelen 5/5 1/40

any tips would be appreciated

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hm, you have a pretty diverse roster. I'd commend Panther or Hood from those. They are strong and you still have some leveling room. If you can get more covers, pushing that Hulk higher would also be effective for defensive teams.
  • I usually hear about people using Loki with Patch, though you don't really need to level him if someone is tanking black/purple for him. You've got Punisher at max covers and he is very flexible, so that would probably be a good place to go. After Punisher, I really like Hood for the utility, or 3* Thor/BP/Hulk for tankiness. If you wanted to drop some ISO into the 2* level, finishing Ares might be useful on occasion, and finishing OBW could be awesome. I wouldn't worry about anyone else at the 1* or 2* level unless you had a pressing immediate reason.
  • coolbond wrote:
    3*
    Patch 5/5/2 141/141
    Wow hacked patch literally. icon_lol.gif
  • My philosophy is to go where the covers are - you've got Punisher at max covers, so pump him up and his Molotovs will synergize nicely with Patch's strike tiles. Plus his red is super useful in PvE and LRs.
  • My philosophy is to go where the covers are - you've got Punisher at max covers, so pump him up and his Molotovs will synergize nicely with Patch's strike tiles. Plus his red is super useful in PvE and LRs.
    while thats true it would just be kinda useless to add him because all the roles are almost filled by patches alrady damage? check strike tiles? check ohko ability? check the only thing that patch dont do and that is attack tiles
  • coolbond wrote:
    My philosophy is to go where the covers are - you've got Punisher at max covers, so pump him up and his Molotovs will synergize nicely with Patch's strike tiles. Plus his red is super useful in PvE and LRs.
    while thats true it would just be kinda useless to add him because all the roles are almost filled by patches alrady damage? check strike tiles? check ohko ability? check the only thing that patch dont do and that is attack tiles
    WYP makes a good point in that it never hurts to max who you can, because health packs don't last forever and you can always use a sub. But I kinda feel like you want to fill out your team, at least as much as you can. Cmags is ideal, but cover constraints don't help you there. Hood is a great character, but you won't see a lot of return from your extra levels if his colors could be tanked by someone else. I'm weird about color coverage, so I think BP would be a fair choice, his black would be murderous with those strike tiles out. And I have seen some report that IM40 synergies well with The Best There Is, due to his ability to self stun.
  • coolbond wrote:
    My philosophy is to go where the covers are - you've got Punisher at max covers, so pump him up and his Molotovs will synergize nicely with Patch's strike tiles. Plus his red is super useful in PvE and LRs.

I love Punisher too but if you want to go a differentish direction then Psylocke will give you the attack tiles for cheap which is awesome with Patch. And she is pretty good at going after one high hp target.

I also agree with the previous recommendation of Panther, his black following Patch's green is awesome.

So single target + attack tiles = Psylocke, aoe = Panther...

And Punisher has all of that. But since he is more well rounded he is not as strong and/or fast in strikes/aoe/attack tiles compared to the other two. But he has high hp targets covered.

I'm assuming you're looking to replace mags in your A team?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    coolbond wrote:

Pfft what does WalkYourPath know anyway, so what if he wins all of the elite tournaments?

Punisher is a great choice to level.
  • Punisher is obviously a good choice to max, but a 5-black Loki like you have would mesh well with a lineup centered around Patch.

Having the ability to turn all those enemy strike tiles generated by Patch into protect tiles would help cement your power in the match.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    coolbond wrote:

I love Punisher too but if you want to go a differentish direction then Psylocke will give you the attack tiles for cheap which is awesome with Patch. And she is pretty good at going after one high hp target.

I also agree with the previous recommendation of Panther, his black following Patch's green is awesome.

So single target + attack tiles = Psylocke, aoe = Panther...

And Punisher has all of that. But since he is more well rounded he is not as strong and/or fast in strikes/aoe/attack tiles compared to the other two. But he has high hp targets covered.

I'm assuming you're looking to replace mags in your A team?

Patch is not always practical, I find I can grind 230 baddies with Punisher as my only Real DPS, it's not just the execute that makes Punisher shine, he has a way of making you pay if the fight takes too long. Pair with spidey and whoever and you can do anything, or even OBW and whoever.
  • Clint wrote:

Patch is not always practical, I find I can grind 230 baddies with Punisher as my only Real DPS, it's not just the execute that makes Punisher shine, he has a way of making you pay if the fight takes too long. Pair with spidey and whoever and you can do anything, or even OBW and whoever.

Agreed, without taking any buffs in to account my go to team against level 230s is Punisher/Spidey/cMags (mnMags is a decent replacement, just slower).

I only use my max Patch in a fight if I know I'm going to win anyway with no trouble and I'd like to do it quickly.
  • Psylocke and Panther are both great characters to play with - and both play well with Patch, too. My main reason for suggesting Pun was that you can push him up to the point where it makes sense to replace a 2* with him. Before your 3*s hit 110 and up they're not really getting the oomph that an established max 2* can provide. I actually prefer Psylocke to Punisher all day long. Panther too, for that matter!
  • It's always good to have a swiss army knife in the stable. And Punisher in no way can ever affect your negatively. Well at least so long as people stop complaining about his green always hitting the edge of the board icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I completely agree with the pros about Punisher. I tried them both and found I preferred him to Patch. A little, at first, now pretty solidly. For a lot of small reasons I just think Punisher is better. But... they fill a very similar role on the team and since you have Patch maxed, I think you would be somewhat better off filling out your team before leveling Patch's replacement. I have had fun with psylocke, and she is a good single target killer. Personally, I think her blue power is the next thing to useless, but her red and black are solid. Do you typically run Spiderman with Patch? She would be a good fit there, I think. Hulk is fantastic, but I think he synergizes better with Punisher than Patch. If you have HP enough to buy covers, I would absolutely suggest Cmags. Until he gets nerfed you will never play with anything like him and Patch together again.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a Patch and Psylocke player myself.

As you already have a max Patch, Punisher kind of gets in his way. They work but it's not elegant. Punisher might be a replacement for Patch, but at the moment it looks like you are trying to fin him a playmate.

Psylocke's black is comparable to Punishers. It may not look it at first because big splashy DPS, but Psylocke's attack tile hits from the first turn and hits harder than Punisher's attack tiles if they make it onto the board. Even with strike tiles down, the splash damage takes a massive lead, but then Psylocke has 3 turns of attack tile taking advantage of strike tiles before Punisher gets a strike tile on the board, so she comes out ahead. And Psylocke's costs less so generally requires one less match. You can even roll one out turn one with the right boosts of there is someone you have to kill quick (eg Hood).

Punisher's red does more damage than Psylocke's, but doesn't get a shiny strike tile, which makes up the difference quickly. Plus Psylocke's gets cheaper. Against normal opponents Psylocke has the edge, because strike tile keep on giving, but against level 230 healthful beasts Punisher has a serious advantage. Bear in mind on this comparison that there should be some strike tiles in play, because you are playing Patch/Punisher or Patch/Psylocke, and this has an effect on how useful Punisher's execute really is. If it is killing someone with 8000 health left that is fantastic, but at 3000 health left that is only an extra turn you saved.

Psylocke's Blue is meh, only use it if bored, Though I have found it great for stealing black for some reason which is at least recyclable into damage. Punisher's green is way better, and would normally win out, but because you're teaming him with Patch it suddenly isn't all that. The blue skill might actually win out only because Berserk supercedes Punisher almost entirely. (I'm assuming a 5 green berserk, because if you only have 3 green in berserk you have turned Patch into a weaker Punisher.

Punisher probably still comes out ahead there, but the key for me is on boards where I am starved of green. Psylocke can still take care of the team with her red strike tiles and black attack tiles, both of which are significantly powered. Whereas Punisher and Patch together don't offer a real plan B that has any speed to it. They will get the job done, but not in style.
  • I actually prefer punisher over patch if you aren't fighting 3 * hammer etc. because there's no consequence when using his strike tile ability so you can cast it 2nd round without a thought. But to go with Patch, you probably want spiderman or obw if you plan on fighting alot non-stop so any third character would want to complement both Patch and Spiderman/OBW IM40 works good there, black panther could work there, but Loki might be the perfect fit from what you have. I personally like running patch with punisher as they actually work well together when I have spiderman as 3rd. Not the fastest group but very steady and their red/green are then more situational as to which you would use and when.

In the end it seems you can't really go wrong with most of the 3* as they'll eventually be needed for something or can be a sub if you're out of health packs
  • I have maxed Patch and was very sceptical about leveling Punisher. However, I feel he actually compliments Patch nicely.
    Berserk followed by Molotov (which is a lot cheaper than other AOE attacks) is lot of damage against the entire team.
    While Judgement definitely clashes with Berserk, there are situations where I prefer one or the other. If I have a purple match available, I'll probably go with Berserk. If unleashing a Berserk would be too risky, I can use Judgement as a safe approach. Less damage but no 888 worth of enemy strike tiles either.
    Retribution is, more often than not, a nice, not too expensive followup to a Berserk.

CMags is obviously still better with Patch, but that nerf is coming "soon", so I'm reluctant on dumping iso into him.

Personally, I ran Patch/Pun/OBW during the NHB event. More often than not, I end the fight on the very same turn where I cast Berserker Rage, after saving up some black and/or red AP for massive damage.
  • Yeah, I agree with leveling Punisher. I ran 141 Patch 135 Punisher and 85 OBW in the NHB event and they are a pretty formidable team. I know they share colors but they still work well together.