More info about Steam BSOD crash

froggerjohn
froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
Regarding the state that the Steam version often gets into after a fight, where the screen just has a blank "blue swirl effect" and appears locked up, I recently found that if you click just above the center of the screen, it pops up the "Fight better with boosts" info box for Team-up damage. And after showing that popup, you can actually exit the frozen state back to the game.

Thus, the game isn't actually frozen, it's just in a weird display state. Hopefully the above is a clue that will help identify what state that's in. (And in the meantime, at least I found a way to continue without reloading).

Note that after a fight, I typically mash the space bar quickly to dismiss the popups, which might also have something to do with getting into that state.
Tagged:

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Interesting!  I will try this out the next time I experience it.
  • froggerjohn
    Forgot to mention, after the popup, you can exit back to a functional game by pressing the Esc key.
  • froggerjohn
    Looks like what happens here, is that the game wanted to put up a "boost found" popup, but for whatever reason, it doesn't draw, and shows only the blue background. That's why the click pops up info about that boost.

I also noticed that I often mix mouse clicks and space bar presses when dismissing the post-fight popups, Typically, the mouse clicks are for the character dialog arrows, but when I get in the habit of clicking on those, sometimes I click a button if there are no character dialogs. So there might be something with two simultaneous attempts to dismiss popups, one click and one space bar.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    I stopped getting the bsod issue for a couple of weeks there - no idea why - but it's been back for a couple of days, and your suggestions really helped.  Thanks!