Select 16 (now 15) Support List - starting with SC1

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,243 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
In light of the fact that you can save your pulled/won Support tokens for future Select 16 (or All of 'em) Support Stores, I thought it might be helpful to create an ongoing list of which Supports are in which Support Circuit pool.  For the first couple, I think it will also be helpful to list the ones not yet included.  It's hard to say if there is some rotation they will use, or what.  We will see as the months progress (those who are still here, anyway).

(Note, an "OT" shows a Support that was available in the Original Tokens for months and therefore one that most players probably have at least some version of.) Also, I am alphabetizing by the word "The" because the game does....

So, in SC1 - the first Support Circuit:  
Avengers Tower (OT)
Chimichanga (OT)
Cull Obsidian (OT)
Element Guns (OT)
Hulkling
Kimoyo Beads
Korg (OT)
Lucky (OT)
Pocket Radio
Quantum Realm
Royal Talon Fighter
The Blackbird (OT)
The Dora Milaje 
The Tinkerer
Victorious
Yaro Root

7/16 in this case are one of the 18 in the Original Tokens.

--------

Yet to appear in a Select 16 store:
Ancestral Plane
Carol's Communicator
Chewie
Corvus Glaive (OT)
Destroyer Gun (OT)
Ebony Maw (OT)
Hope Summers
Hydra Henchmen (OT)
Lockheed
Mirror Image
Proxima Midnight (OT)
Quinjet (OT)
Sharon Carter (OT)
Shuri's Lab
Sp//Dr
Spider Sense
Stepford Cuckoos 
Taskmaster's Sword
The Carol Corps
The Milano (OT)
Vanessa Fisk
Vibranium Ore
Vintage Shield (OT)
Wasp Gauntlets (note that everyone in the game got a free Rank 2 copy of these last July)
Web-Shooters (OT)
Wong (OT)

Feel free to discuss below the merits of the first Select 16 vs waiting for a future one.

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Oh thank you, well done!  I was just thinking whether i should jot down the current ones and how to go about the rest. I'm so glad someone is going to keep proper track instead.

For me, of the OT lot, the only one i didnt have at all is the Blackbird, so i'm glad it turned up again. The newer rest i dont have at all, so any (even 1*) is an improvement. So far i had 2 support tokens from the vault, giving me a 3*Tinkerer and 2*Yaro root. So im rather happy about this start.

I was really surprised to see Victorious in here, i would have thought that as the newest, they would keep it in the Full store only, for a few turns at least. Then again, first impressions last, and this certainly shows (and creates) good will.

As a 3* player what i really need is Wong and anything with 5 perks is more prefered. I would rather they were weaker, with more options, than the other way around.
    As such, i have decided i will keep opening beginner tokens, but, if i get advanced or better ones i will hoard those for a chance at a better Wong (mine is currently 2*) from a future rotation.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    The merits of the 1st pool at 4* or above:

I like Avengers Tower on Kitty and Chimichanga on Grocket because they fortify strikes. Plus, Avengers Tower can give you 2 Yellow AP and free protect tiles.  Element Guns could also work on Kitty.
    I like Yaro Root and Cull Obsidian because they both can give you up to 9 Green AP at start.
    I like 5*Kimoyo Beads and Korg because they both can give you up to 7 Yellow AP at start.
    I like Quantum Realm because it can give 6 Purple at start.
    I like The Tinkerer because it can give 6 Black at start.
    I like Royal Talon Fighter because it's perfect for Okoye.
    5*Blackbird would be awesome on Prof-X for a winfinite BAMF combo (as long as Purple is Strongest)

The other 5 I don't like as much, so that's 11 out of 16. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Must admit the new set of 16 is not what i was hoping for, but i guess it'll just give me more time to hoard even more tokens for the next lot.

Also i guess the question of overlaps is now answered. (As well as how  random the set is: not really.)
  • bluewolf
    So with Support Circuit Round 2, we get the following Select 16 Supports:

Ancestral Plane
    Atlantis
    Carol's Communicator
    Chewie
    Corvus Glaive (OT)
    Ebony Maw (OT)
    Hope Summers
    Quinjet (OT)
    Shuri's Lab
    Spider-Sense
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Taskmaster's Sword
    The Carol Corps
    Vanessa Fisk
    Victorious  (Repeating from SC1)
    Wasp Gauntlets

IMO the top ones in this group are Atlantis, Chewie, and Corvus Glaive.  Also (of course?) we see all 3 of the Carol-centered Supports first offered last summer.  Lastly, the bulk (all but 3) of them are notably NOT part of the Original Token Supports, which makes this group appealing for completionists.

Worth noting:  this run has the most recent Support, Atlantis, as well as the second-most recent, Victorious (returning).  Does this suggest that they will include 2 or more of the most recent, every time as they move forward?  Round 1 included Victorious but not Sp//Dr.  We'll have to see if a pattern emerges.

The remaining Supports, presumably to appear in 5 weeks in Round 3:

Destroyer Gun (OT)
    Hydra Henchmen (OT)
    Lockheed
    Mirror Image
    Proxima Midnight (OT)
    Sharon Carter (OT)
    Sp//Dr
    The Milano (OT)
    Vibranium Ore
    Vintage Shield (OT)
    Web-Shooters (OT)
    Wong (OT)

So, 12 Supports.  We'll see at least one repeated Support from past runs if we get 3 more until SC R3.  Less new ones = more repeats.  Note that 2/3 (or 8 out of the eventual 16) of the unoffered Supports are from the Original Tokens.  If they put all of them in the next batch, it will be the biggest group of OT Supports in one SC token.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Don't underestimate Ebony Maw's usefulness, though. That 3 black on start can really get a Vulture in the air one turn faster and get the battery started in the battle.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't underestimate Ebony Maw's usefulness, though. That 3 black on start can really get a Vulture in the air one turn faster and get the battery started in the battle.

Rank 4 is hard to get, though.  I have a handful, but they're definitely rare.

Rank 5, near as I can tell, is really hard to get.  Speaking for myself, I don't have any.

• Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    GrimSkald said:

Rank 4 is hard to get, though.  I have a handful, but they're definitely rare.

Rank 5, near as I can tell, is really hard to get.  Speaking for myself, I don't have any.

Agreed. I've got 19 supports and only one of them is 4*. And naturally, it's a support which doesn't actually add another perk for going from 3* to 4* (Wasp Gauntlets).
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for this now the community can keep track of these things..  :)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Lets bring this thread back then, shall we?

The support store has finally changed, but of the 12 supports not yet featured since this rotating store was introduced, only 3 are in this set.
    However 9 of the first original set of 16 is once again featured...

So, that still leaves us with 9 supports that have yet to turn up in store since this all began. I do wonder how long we have to wait for those... another 7 months perhaps?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    And it's only 15 supports this time.  I guess that means there is a higher chance of getting any particular support though, so yay?
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    A few days ago, 8/29/19, the Support Pool updated again.  This makes it pretty apparent that the new plan is to update the Support Pool as the new season starts.  This is the 4th update and includes the following 15 Supports:

Hulkling
    Hydra Henchmen (OT)
    Korg (OT)
    Lockheed
    Proxima Midnight (OT)
    Quantum Realm
    Quinjet (OT)
    Royal Talon Fighter
    Sp//dr
    Sharon Carter (OT)
    The Dora Milaje
    The Milano (OT)
    Vintage Shield (OT)
    Web-Shooters (OT)
    Wong (OT)

Leaving just 2 now that haven't yet appeared in the concentrated pool:

Black Widow's Batons
    Kra-Van

Both are among the newest 5 Supports that were added to the game.

No change has been made in terms of token access since Support Circuit ended (which made them harder to get, no question).  I almost feel like the rotation is a little fast on a monthly basis given the lack of token access now.  I hope the devs have a plan to do something different soon with regards to tokens. 

That said, you can always hoard and wait to focus on one(s) you want....3-4 months should be the approximate rotation with a pool of 15 out of 47 non-Stone Supports.
  • bluewolf
    On 10/1/19, the Anniversary Season started (a little early, a Tuesday) and the pool of 15 changed to the following:

Ancestral Plane 
    Atlantis
    Carol's Communicator
    Chewie
    Corvus Glaive (OT)
    Ebony Maw (OT)
    Hope Summers
    Shuri's Lab
    Spider-Sense
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Taskmaster's Sword
    The Carol Corps
    Vanessa Fisk
    Victorious
    Wasp Gauntlets

Still not yet appearing in a pool:

Black Widow's Batons
    Kra-Van

No other changes in Support distribution or anything else have occurred.
  • bluewolf
    On 10/17/19, a new season began (Anniversary was short this year) so we got an updated pool of 15.

Arc Reactor
    Avengers Tower
    Chimichanga
    Cull Obsidian
    Destroyer Gun
    Element Guns
    Kimoyo Beads
    Lucky
    Mirror Image
    Sanctum Sanctorum
    Stormbreaker
    The Blackbird
    The Tinkerer
    Vibranium Ore
    Yaro Root

This is the exact same set that appeared on August 1, 2019.  I guess we are in a rotation?

Black Widow's Batons
    Kra-Van

• bluewolf
    On Friday 11/15/19, they updated the Support pool of 15.  It was a day later than expected (the season started the day before), but we got another repeat grouping.

Hulkling
    Hydra Henchmen (OT)
    Korg (OT)
    Lockheed
    Proxima Midnight (OT)
    Quantum Realm
    Quinjet (OT)
    Royal Talon Fighter
    Sp//dr
    Sharon Carter (OT)
    The Dora Milaje
    The Milano (OT)
    Vintage Shield (OT)
    Web-Shooters (OT)
    Wong (OT)

This grouping last appeared on August 29.

Black Widow's Batons
    Kra-Van

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would quite like a Royal Talon Fighter, I hope they extend shards to Supports also. Or otherwise, y'know, bring back Support Circuit.
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    I would quite like a Royal Talon Fighter, I hope they extend shards to Supports also. Or otherwise, y'know, bring back Support Circuit.
    Good luck!  I have improved Korg and Wong to Rank 3 since the rotation.
  • bluewolf
    On Thurday December 12, the new season started and the pool rotated to the following set:

Ancestral Plane 
    Atlantis
    Carol's Communicator
    Chewie
    Corvus Glaive (OT)
    Ebony Maw (OT)
    Hope Summers
    Shuri's Lab
    Spider-Sense
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Taskmaster's Sword
    The Carol Corps
    Vanessa Fisk
    Victorious
    Wasp Gauntlets

Black Widow's Batons
    Kra-Van

No other changes in Support distribution or anything else have occurred.  (Although they offered an Advanced Support bundle for a few days).
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    You are doing better than me. I have just 35 out of the 54 available supports. If you ignore the Infinity Stones, I'm still missing 13 supports. Of the ones rostered I have just 1 4* (Ebony Maw on my first pull) and two 3*. How sad is that?