Digesting Shards - Retroactive Rewards & Feeders - What happened?

rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm looking to see if someone can explain my current shard status on my roster with the the changes that were made.  I'm having trouble understanding why some characters are where they are vs others.  

I have a L319 C4clops and a L319 Kate Bishop.  Both are due to give me 250 Shards for who they feed.  Hawk5ye and Cable have never been favourites / BH / Shard starred.  

Cable currently has 0 shards, so when Cyclops levels up to 320, he'll now be sitting on 250 shards and not another cover.  Hawk5ye is currently sitting on 250 shards, so Kate Bishop's next cover will give him another cover.  

Similarly, America Chavez is at 299 and about to award 250 shards for JJ, who has 250 shards and will receive another cover.  

AC and Kate were both feeders already, and coming up on their next shard rewards, so no concern.  Cyclops was a new feeder, and it looks to be misaligned. 

For new feeders, my 4hor/5torm combo is the same as Cyke/Cable:  Thor is at L318, soon to aware 250 shards for Storm, but storm is sitting on 0 shards.  My Icem4n was at 299 pre-retroactive rewards.  I got him to 300, and now Icem5n is at 100 shards (i think these were the "bonus" shards that happened along the way, but Cable doesn't have them).  Kitty is at 100 shards, and Emma at L295, so that all lines up too.  

I looked over the announcements again, and just can't seem to wrap my head around it.  Can anyone help explain?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're suggesting they made some mistakes, I agree.

My Cyke is 350 and Cable has 100 shards on him.  ????  Should be 0 right now.

Shards are a confusing mess in general.  I think they messed up a bit pushing out all the shards in the second round but honestly I don't feel like trying to figure it out.  It is what it is.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS ticket!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    And honestly, “retroactive rewards” are quickly and surely being cannibalized by our missing “former rewards” as the weeks and events tick by and we haven’t received our promised “new rewards.” 

What do you think are the chances that they make the new rewards retroactive to the shard-release date — if they’re ever even implemented? It’s very difficult, at least for me, to be sanguine having naively believed so many earlier empty promises... “Capriciously” barely begins to describe how the player base is treated by tge owners of this game. 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    There is a difference if you got a character cover by the old system. 280 is still the first cover, but shards were divided in 3 rewards, 100, 150, & 250 for 500 total. You should still get a cover at the same levels as before. If your feeder was past the 100 or 150 points, but hadn't reached the 250, you got shards for the levels in between & when you get to the 250 reward you should have enough for a full cover. On the other hand, if you passed the 250 points then you would have already gotten the full cover in the old system, so you don't get shards for those characters.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    There is a difference if you got a character cover by the old system. 280 is still the first cover, but shards were divided in 3 rewards, 100, 150, & 250 for 500 total. You should still get a cover at the same levels as before. If your feeder was past the 100 or 150 points, but hadn't reached the 250, you got shards for the levels in between & when you get to the 250 reward you should have enough for a full cover. On the other hand, if you passed the 250 points then you would have already gotten the full cover in the old system, so you don't get shards for those characters.
    What you describe (already gotten the cover rewards so don't get the shards) is definitely NOT what happned to the OP.

They specifically state that 4Cyc was not a feeder prior to the shard update so their 319 4Cyc should have gotten 1 cover at 280 then 500 shards at 300 then 250 more shards for levels 315-319 so that they'd have 750 total shards and that 250 more at 320 would earn another cover. The fact they have 0 now means they are missing the 250 that should have come in levels 315-319.

It seems that something went amiss on characters who were not feeders prior to the update when they did the 2nd rollout.

KGB
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    What you describe (already gotten the cover rewards so don't get the shards) is definitely NOT what happned to the OP.

They specifically state that 4Cyc was not a feeder prior to the shard update so their 319 4Cyc should have gotten 1 cover at 280 then 500 shards at 300 then 250 more shards for levels 315-319 so that they'd have 750 total shards and that 250 more at 320 would earn another cover. The fact they have 0 now means they are missing the 250 that should have come in levels 315-319.

It seems that something went amiss on characters who were not feeders prior to the update when they did the 2nd rollout.

KGB
    You're absolutely right, sorry. I somehow completely missed there being 2 feeders at the different levels, I thought it was one at 299 & one at 319.

I'd definitely put in a CS ticket, it should be pretty easy for them to see the missing shards.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks all for the inputs.  I contacted CS and was notified that for both characters, after the 2nd round of retroactive rewards, I received a total of 1000 shards for both Cable and Storm.  

So I guess I accidentally got 250 shards too many for each of them?  I don't remember what my Cable was before, nor my storm.  She was already champed, but don't remember how many levels.