6* Character Acquisition

PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
We've seen it posted a few different places, where some people want to see 6* characters introduced.  While this may be somewhat interesting, my brain immediately goes to just ONE thought...

How would we get one of those?!

I mean, to get a 5*, you gotta get lucky on a pull from a store. 
Or, champ a 4* and get enough champ rewards to get a cover for one.
Or, as a login 'resupply' after playing for so many days...

Everyone knows how rare they are.  They are SO rare, that we hoard just for the purpose of capitalizing on any chance to get as many covers as possible for 1 to 3 certain characters.  

So, now that i've said that much... How do you THINK we would acquire a 6*? 

Cash only?
Blood sacrifices to an altar made to pay homage to D3?
Tokens gained only by selling covers of limited 4* characters?  (That one just occurred to me, as im typing this, and made my stomach churn)

I mean... Unless you think they would somehow restructure how we acquire 5*s...

Comments

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Seriously?! You’re kidding.
    6* ultra rare shards
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I don't even want to think about 6*. 5s are hard enough to obtain as you mentione. Covers are too costly to buy, the shards for 5s is a joke for how few you get and how expensive it is to buy every stack. So far shards in general has been a letdown. We were hoping we'd see shards as obtainable in different venues,  not just a cash grab.

Would be nice if shards were available to earn as rewards and not just for top 5 finishers or exploiters in different events. Game really needs a new 5* related node added to the DP daily event. That new PVE tier should be implemented too and offer 5* shards. 

It's a joke that game has been out for years and hoarding is still the only reliable way to cover 5s.

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    One per max champ of bagman.

There will be only one 6*, it will be Aunt May.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn’t that how the original Sakaar tokens worked when Gladiathor came out? Vaults with single tokens in them that took you to a special release store?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    They would probably have to make everything else easier to get, first.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously?! You’re kidding.
    6* ultra rare shards
    Available in special stores now!  Even better, sometimes the stores take your money and give you nothing, so when you do get 6* ultrashards, the rush is just incredible!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Majority of the players don't want 6*, unless they have shifted their mindsets in the past 1.5 years.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Majority of the players don't want 6*, unless they have shifted their mindsets in the past 1.5 years.
    Not just the players,  I'm pretty sure the devs have also said they don't want to ever create a 6 star tier. Being against 6 stars is one thing the player base and the devs seem to be on the same page with. 
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    No 6*.
    More Unbalanced game due to whales buying off and champing them. I have already seem some brb and carnage over 480 which is sick considering this is a game for having fun and not to solve psicological issues of a few players. 

Enough said.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of actual characters Any 6* tier could be some sort of team boost effect. You have to acquire different parts associated with the team like Avengers Mansions, Jarvis, etc through tokens or whatever and it powers up characters with that affiliation as you ahem Assemble the required bits. You could convert Supports to the system as having a dual use so things like the Quinjet count. Sure there are holes in this - I have no idea what you do with something like the Champions but I'm sure it could be figured out. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Instead of actual characters Any 6* tier could be some sort of team boost effect. You have to acquire different parts associated with the team like Avengers Mansions, Jarvis, etc through tokens or whatever and it powers up characters with that affiliation as you ahem Assemble the required bits. You could convert Supports to the system as having a dual use so things like the Quinjet count. Sure there are holes in this - I have no idea what you do with something like the Champions but I'm sure it could be figured out. 
    Oh, like the build-a-figure model of action figures! Hulkbuster Iron Man was spread across seven different figures, each packed with a different part. Buy them all to build a giant action figure!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    When 6*s come out, they will finally stop with the over-bloated 4* tier.  Release schedule changes to 556 and 5*s become more available closer to how 4*s are now and 5*s take over the 6* availability model.

Done, simple.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    PiMacleod said:
    Tokens gained only by selling covers of limited 4* characters?  (That one just occurred to me, as im typing this, and made my stomach churn)
    or trade in a set of the Infinity Stones to get Death herself
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh, like the build-a-figure model of action figures! Hulkbuster Iron Man was spread across seven different figures, each packed with a different part. Buy them all to build a giant action figure!

Yeah, pretty much along those lines.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    You get a single cover every time you max a support