Holiday gift doesn’t rotate card pools normally

Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Ok, this is puzzling the **** out of me! 

For the first two weeks after it was given, we had ELD elite pool #1 for the gift pull. The first week, it showed no time until next rotation. Then, there was NO rotation after 7 days. On the second week, a timer did appear. Then, it rotated to pool #2. After 2 weeks they finally rotate. Or so it would seem...

The REALLY strange thing is that on the first day of week 5, you’d expect it to rotate to pool #3 and stay there for 2 weeks. 
It’s still on pool #2, for what will be 3 weeks total if it doesn’t rotate like it should have (if we follow the loose pattern).
There is no timer displayed, again. Two weeks in a row not showing a timer. That didn’t happen when pool #1 was up...
Whether or not the timer displayed, they would change every 2 weeks. It’s like it got stuck with no timer, as if it was the first week in the pattern.

Why is it still stuck on pool #2? I’ve restarted the app a few times trying to reset it. Pool #3 is the one that still has cards missing for me, and this long wait to use my gift is driving me NUTS.

PLEASE, next year, make the gift rotate WEEKLY like all elite card pools do. There is NO REASON to make it every 2 weeks, and now we see it is not even a consistent 2 weeks. Looking like I have to wait ANOTHER week and maybe it won’t even rotate then. At the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat, I’ve been waiting for 5 weeks, I want my gift NOW!

On a side note, I don’t see the Finding Fblthp event unless I completely restart the app. It doesn’t show up in events until I do this. Every. Single. Time. Very annoying.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused.  You got your gift pack, but haven't opened it yet, but expect it to rotate on a normal schedule?  I wouldn't expect a gift pack to rotate at all.  Its like thinking if you hold on to your HOU reward packs long enough they'll turn into Ixalan packs or something.

The elite packs in the shop have been rotating perfectly on time for as long as I've been watching, so I'm unclear as to what your complaint is.
  • Smokincookz
    edited January 2020
    To make myself clear, I don’t want or expect it to ever change SETS. 
    ONLY to rotate thru all of ELD as the normal elite pools do. 
    Does that clear things up? I’d like to pull my gift from elite pool #3. 
    The 400 jewel pulls are rotating normally. The one that the gift can be used on is not rotating thru the same way they are (weekly).

It looked like every two weeks, until it did not rotate this week.
  • Smokincookz
    edited January 2020
    @Mburn7 Why would we be forced to pick the gift from only 1/3rd of the available mythics and MP’s in the set? Waiting is ok, even waiting 4-6 weeks is ok IF they made it clear when things will rotate. The timer being blank some weeks is very odd. The normal 400 jewel pulls rotate weekly, sure. We are lacking data on how the gift is meant to rotate thru the ELD pools.

Perhaps the gift is rotating differently depending on what ELD pool is available for jewels at the time. I don’t have data to draw conclusions on that. I remember that at one point the same pool was available for both gift and 400 jewel pools.
    Unless I’m sorely mistaken, I have not yet seen ELD pool #3 rotate in for the gift. I expected it to this week. Hence the confusion. 

I expect most people have used their gift already, I haven’t had anyone chime in with the same problem on the reddit post I made. 
    For me trying to use this gift strategically, this is flocking weird. 
    On the other hand, I’m not sure if this is the norm for these gifts. Only collected the 2018/2019 one before, & was not close to completing the GRN set. As a very new player I was happy to get a mythic. I sort of remember it came thru the inbox instead.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7 Why would we be forced to pick the gift from only 1/3rd of the available mythics and MP’s in the set? Waiting is ok, even waiting 4-6 weeks is ok IF they made it clear when things will rotate. The timer being blank some weeks is very odd. The normal 400 jewel pulls rotate weekly, sure. We are lacking data on how the gift is meant to rotate thru the ELD pools.

Perhaps the gift is rotating differently depending on what ELD pool is available for jewels at the time. I don’t have data to draw conclusions on that. I remember that at one point the same pool was available for both gift and 400 jewel pools.
    Unless I’m sorely mistaken, I have not yet seen ELD pool #3 rotate in for the gift. I expected it to this week. Hence the confusion. 

I expect most people have used their gift already, I haven’t had anyone chime in with the same problem on the reddit post I made. 
    For me trying to use this gift strategically, this is flocking weird. 
    On the other hand, I’m not sure if this is the norm for these gifts. Only collected the 2018/2019 one before, & was not close to completing the GRN set. As a very new player I was happy to get a mythic. I sort of remember it came thru the inbox instead.
    I've never held on to one of those gift packs before, so I have no idea if they have rotated in the past.  I would never in a million years expect one of them to rotate, though, which is the source of my confusion in my original comment.

If it already has then I guess it might happen again, but I can think of no reason that it should.  We were gifted a free mythic+ pack.  The fact that it doesn't have access to every card in the set is definitely less than ideal, but not unreasonable.  If you're willing to wait I am curious now, though.
  • Smokincookz
    edited January 2020
    Definitely going to wait on this. Now I wish I had taken screenshots week by week. Almost certain it was consistent in rotating every two weeks. Probably something else going on now that’s tripping up the pattern. Maybe ELD crafting reset the rotation for it. Too many variables.
    I’ll report back in 5 and 1/2 days.

In the beginning, I never expected it to rotate either. Figured I’d hold out on the chance it would rotate. When it amazingly did 2 weeks later, just figured I’d wait 2 more weeks. Doesn’t seem to want to give me a shot at pool #3 at all. Hopefully next week.
    This whole thing would have been easier if they’d given a credit for whatever ELD pool is current, instead of making a separate one with a consistent schedule at first, but no accurate timer and now being inconsistent. At least every 2 weeks was some pattern, right now it’s unknown.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I too was hoping to wait until a more desirable group of ELD cards rotated in before redeeming my gift. However, when the sets rotated Tuesday morning, the new rotation appeared along with the previous one with (1) credit still attached to it. The rotation from previous week only allowed the option of redeeming the credit. It was at that point that I decided that the gift must only be redeemable with that particular group so I cashed it in. Once I redeemed it that rotation disappeared just like when you get a reward pack from an event for a set that is not currently available in the vault.

• Smokincookz
    edited January 2020
    So, after today’s rotation, it now shows a countdown timer until the next rotation. Additionally, it has become a credit for the current ELD pool rather than it’s own ELD pool!

Unfortunately, it has stayed on card pool #2 for the beginning of a third week in a row now. It’s my hope that next week it will stay applicable to the current ELD pool rotation, which will be pool #3. It did this once before, sadly after rotating it changed back to a separate ELD pool.

From what I gather, the apparent intention the devs had IS for the gift to rotate. Whether it was meant to be weekly or every other week is unknown. It certainly has been inconsistent with HOW it rotates between the three ELD elite pools. No real pattern. However, I think we can safely assume that it is supposed to be rotating.

The simplest solution next year is to give a credit to pull from the latest set, ONLY from whatever the current pool for that week is. 

Or make a standalone pool that rotates consistently on some consistent schedule. This isn’t as straightforward as giving it from the current weekly pool though.

*edit* 

I seem to be failing miserably at uploading photos to comments on the forums. After a long day at work, I give up trying for now. I have screenshots of the before and after this latest rotation. If you’d like to see, let me know how to get these imgur links working in the comments. Bbcode link into the image URL box doesn’t seem to be functional. 

Thanks,

-Smokin’.