Enough of the 4 day, 5 node, 0 reward events

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
We've made ourselves abundantly clear but since nothing has changed I'll repeat the message:

ENOUGH.

I gave up for this run of The Great Tournament.  Completely.  I didn't even put a deck in one node, and I currently have 5 unplayed fights on each of my other 4 nodes.  It is now 12:30 on Monday for me (EST), and the event is still going.

I have full progression.

This is ridiculous, especially since the placement rewards for this event are worse than what I can get for 4 quick fights of A Journey Through History or something.

I am watching every single experienced member of my coalition talk about possibly quitting this game because it feels like a bad job more than a game.  The bugs are awful, none of the cards or node supports do what they say they do, loading times are getting longer and longer and longer and longer, and events last for 4 days and have 5 nodes and take 2 hours to complete 1 round of charges let alone all 20 charges or whatever.

I mean seriously, to get a perfect score on this event (or The Dragon Wars, or any other similar event) you need to spend like 20-30 hours of game time, 10 hours of which is just watching buff streamers and loading pinwheels (note:  I have not calculated exact values for these, if you want to you are more than welcome to figure it out and refute me here).

Please stop, for all of our sanity.

Comments

• Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I only played to get the 40 crystals and stopped playing. Not worth it... had more time with my family this past weekend, which is so refreshing.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This event is a drag. I played through until the first Eldraine pack, which was something like 7 or 8 matches? Yikes. At no point did I feel like I was having fun.

To get maximum rewards I would have had to build clunky decks out of the worst mechanics in the set... Mill? Yawn. Adventure? Weak. Food? Gordon Ramsey meme. Knights? Holy mother of mana there are a lot of knights!
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    My biggest issue is the loading "pinwheels " time too long after "each patching". Checking this. checking that. .

Really, I feel i'm not playing a modern mobile game.  It feels like play Diablo 3 in a Win XP system.

I am pretty sure this game got a lots of fund due to the in-game purchase and VIP system. They should really invest some fund on Optimize the App. 
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not to mention the bugs. There is still a bug related to filling mana on flip cards such as Adventures. I had three losses due to crashes, and many of my coalition mates had at least one. 

The core of this event is fun (to me) but having to rush through charges on my lunch break during work is nuts. Too bad events spilling over into Mondays seems to be normal now. 

Please have events end a little sooner and try to get rid of the bugs!!!!!

• Mburn7
    Options
    Ampersand said:
    The core of this event is fun (to me) but having to rush through charges on my lunch break during work is nuts. Too bad events spilling over into Mondays seems to be normal now. 

Events spilling into Monday are not new, however I remember them ending much earlier on Mondays (8-9 am).
    I can only assume that either I'm remembering this wrong, or they pushed them back to make it easier for West Coast players to finish up in the morning, but valid explanations.

The better solution, of course, would be for these events to end some time on Sunday.  We've been asking for that for quite a while, though, so I doubt it'll happen.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Posted this in the other thread... but per-match TGT rewards for 1st/1st compared to finishing RT in 4 matches

• Mburn7
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Posted this in the other thread... but per-match TGT rewards for 1st/1st compared to finishing RT in 4 matches

This is a little misleading because of the sheer number of matches needed here as well as the fact that sometimes you need more than 4 matches to finish RT.

But yeah, that's a pretty shocking difference.  I would expect some (since RT is unusually generous), but that's just ridiculous.
  • jtwood
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:

This is a little misleading because of the sheer number of matches needed here as well as the fact that sometimes you need more than 4 matches to finish RT.

But yeah, that's a pretty shocking difference.  I would expect some (since RT is unusually generous), but that's just ridiculous.
    That's exactly the point. Why are we playing sooooo much and getting so little in return. If the rewards will be so small, drop the number of charges so we aren't playing for zilch.

Also, I had no problem comparing a 4-win RT because I'm contrasting against someone getting the utmost TGT prizes by finishing 1st on a 1st-place coalition.

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Ampersand said:

Events spilling into Monday are not new, however I remember them ending much earlier on Mondays (8-9 am).
    I can only assume that either I'm remembering this wrong, or they pushed them back to make it easier for West Coast players to finish up in the morning, but valid explanations.

The better solution, of course, would be for these events to end some time on Sunday.  We've been asking for that for quite a while, though, so I doubt it'll happen.
    Totally agree. I should have qualified that I do remember them ending earlier on Mondays, but lately they go well into the day and include a charge refresh in the morning (in US EST). I imagine it is much, much, much more inconvenient for players based in Asia.

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Our entire crew just opted out of all future TGT and TE events. Sad state of affairs. Seriously, TGT could be great fun - just make it way shorted and correct the rewards. It should be 1/5 as long as it currently is. Don't make us grind for nothing. You're turning fun into tedium.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't played a group event in over six weeks.  I enjoyed my top 25 coalition, but started to see the tedious nature and my family missed me ;)

The game itself has gotten boring to me.  I do not have all the cards, but see little point in endeavoring as a Free-To-Play to get them.  I opened 6000 ($300) gold between the latest packs and and didn't even get all the commons.  SO, grinding for gold doesn't even seem worth it.  Even if I paid money, it would seem like an awful waste.  
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    These events will definitely make me quit my coalition at some point and joint one that doesn't care much. Get the single player rewards and stop there. Enough with all the kittycatsit.

As for the packs, it appears the chance you see is the chance of a single card in the 3rd pack of the 5pack and the rest is way lower. Pay attention at your 3rd pack when you open them. For me that's where i get a mythic or rare most of the time if I'm lucky.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    minus 1 or 2 charges same finish time or don't put a timer on the last 3 charges. Give us some flexibility with our time.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We have one of the most stable coalitions in our alliance, but in the last 8 weeks or so, we lost 5 players are 3 more are willing to quit because of these stupid events that run into Mondays, have **** rewards and take way too much time. The signal is VERY clear. People do NOT want to spend so much time on this game. Also, if they do, they need to get rewarded for that. Not punished.
  • jtwood
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Machine said:
    We have one of the most stable coalitions in our alliance, but in the last 8 weeks or so, we lost 5 players are 3 more are willing to quit because of these stupid events that run into Mondays, have tinykitty rewards and take way too much time. The signal is VERY clear. People do NOT want to spend so much time on this game. Also, if they do, they need to get rewarded for that. Not punished.
    <sarcasm> so just pay for VIP </sarcasm>
    :(
  • Mburn7
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Machine said:
    We have one of the most stable coalitions in our alliance, but in the last 8 weeks or so, we lost 5 players are 3 more are willing to quit because of these stupid events that run into Mondays, have tinykitty rewards and take way too much time. The signal is VERY clear. People do NOT want to spend so much time on this game. Also, if they do, they need to get rewarded for that. Not punished.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but that really is part of the problem.  The thrill of chasing new cards is a major draw to this game, and now that you can own every card in the game with just a couple months of VIP is definitely contributing to players leaving.  If there are only a few cards I don't have that I even remotely want, why am I spending 20 hours of my weekend to get 1/10th of one of those cards?
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:
    Machine said:
    I know you're being sarcastic, but that really is part of the problem.  The thrill of chasing new cards is a major draw to this game, and now that you can own every card in the game with just a couple months of VIP is definitely contributing to players leaving.  If there are only a few cards I don't have that I even remotely want, why am I spending 20 hours of my weekend to get 1/10th of one of those cards?
    I honestly want to support the game and the devs, but I cannot do it in it's current state.  If I spent money, I would not be happy.  The point of spending money is to enjoy the purchase! Granted, I thought about buying the $5-30 VIP, but I concluded I would be just as bored, if not more bored than just grinding my way through.  Then I didn't even have motivation to continue grinding.  Alas, I don't play anymore.

At the beginning and in the short term, yes, opening packs and getting goods cards is essential.  IN THE LONG TERM Coalitions and competition is where this game is interesting.  

Either there needs to be more of a focus on coalitions and other quality of life improvements OR change the game to be more fun and engaging somehow, haha!