Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been really enjoying Profe$$or X and 5torm in Icebreaker. Drop Storm's yellow and Bobby's blue back to back, and you're pretty much ready to stunlock the entire team. Or alternately, you've got enough blue and enough Charged tiles on the board to make both those AOEs devastating. Running Chuck and Storm both at 5/3/5 because Bobby's purple and green are more useful here.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’m having loads of fun with 2* storm, wolverine and bullseye in evergreen. I’m getting lots of nice retals with a sub-13 cover 4* and a one or two cover 5*. Once the green gets rolling you can use storm’s green to gather more and more AP. It’s a little bit broken (not winfinite level ) and there’s a small amount of jeopardy given 5* match damage but that’s part of W hat’s making it so enjoyable. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I’m having loads of fun with 2* storm, wolverine and bullseye in evergreen. I’m getting lots of nice retals with a sub-13 cover 4* and a one or two cover 5*. Once the green gets rolling you can use storm’s green to gather more and more AP. It’s a little bit broken (not winfinite level ) and there’s a small amount of jeopardy given 5* match damage but that’s part of W hat’s making it so enjoyable. 

Try it with Thor instead of Wolverine. His yellow is just wild with this much green on the board to start, and he and 2* Storm can get close to Winfinite anyhow.
    I had a blast in the Sinister Six node of 12 Days of Marvel with Carnage, Doc Ock, and Prowler. Prowler's Fortifying of enemy Special tiles matches Carnage's rate of creating them, and then any time you match one of those, you get two new ones from Ock, plus the one you just stole.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    After saying I was giving up on snowball fight, I caved. I saw the prize was a Sabretooth cover, so forced myself to find a reasonably workable team:

3* Cyclops 5/3/5 (or 5/5/3, tried both)
    4* Cloak & Dagger 5/5/3
    4* Captain Marvel 5/3/5

Since Red was my strongest color, I only targeted other teams that also had Red or Yellow as their strongest color (which included both 3* Captain America and 3* Star-Lord), thus the 5/3/5 spec on Captain Marvelous. Keep matching Black, generally for Marvel's CD but occasionally for Cyclop's nuke, depending on the condition of the other team and who I wanted to take out. It was a little fun watching the other team fill up Cyke's Red and do self-harm in the process!

But I'm still not a fan of the event. Maybe if Mockingbird was boosted to punish the other team's constant match-4s due to snowballs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Professor X (boosted)
    Chavez (boosted, base level 352)
    Okoye

In The Hunt, i'm just riding out the boost list + Okoye, and it's pretty hilarious. Get a couple match-4s and it's game over, even without any team up in the bank. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beta Ray Bill and Medusa have been having a lovely time in Strange Sights - these two were made for each other. Bill gives Medusa shields to heal, she heals and gives him green and blue Ap on enemy matches, he makes more shields, ap and blasts the bad guys. Add in Juggernaut and the normally tough wave node in Doom's world was actually just plain fun!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have tried furiously to get at least one BRB cover, but alas no. Probably have to do entire Strange event without him.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I have found Beta Ray Bill, half health Gladiathor, and half health 5* Daredevil to be super fun in strange sights.  BRB sheilds makes Thor's red powered up right off the bat, Thor can create more sheilds with his yellow, and daredevil is pumping out strike tiles to power up BRB boosted match damage even further and if thor's yellow tile is destroyed all of the shields turn into strikes.

Daredevil's purple is great for stealing all of the tiles that the mindless ones are creating too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2020
    With Okoye and Rescue both at lvl 435 waiting on those last covers, I took them for a spin in Divine Champions with Bishop in between against a Doom/Gritty team to see how it works. As expected, Bishop ate it quick, but he'd done his job generating blue for Rescue to steal those strikes and then laser everyone to the face with that cheap red. I'd love a more survivable blue battery to run in the middle there, I may try Vulture out and see how it goes.

*edit* BRB is that dude...even at lvl 250, 0/1/2, he was able to kickstart the train against a champed Gladiathor/Doom/Chavez team. Really looking forward to getting more covers on this guy.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB is sooooooo good. He must be close to being top tier.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    Depends on how you define it. I don't put him there myself because his damage is active and he doesn't boost anything. But he's definitely solid.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Depends on how you define it. I don't put him there myself because his damage is active and he doesn't boost anything. But he's definitely solid.
    I have yet to beat him. He's always been on teams that allow his protect tiles to get out of hand, or allow him to use his nuke every other turn. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I see him on Kitty/Carbage teams a bunch, and they're solid. A ton of special spam getting out of hand, then AP gen in the background from passive extra turn taking, and 2:3 have that Health Creep hit point pools to chew through. I don't think Carbage is nearly as trash-tier as a lot of y'all wanted to make him out to be

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have yet to beat him. He's always been on teams that allow his protect tiles to get out of hand, or allow him to use his nuke every other turn. 

Gotta stun him or bring someone who ignores protect tiles. The latter will get crushed on retal. Peggy's been getting a lot of play for me recently.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been stealing the tiles some; Prowler is probably better at higher levels than mine, but he's fun for a match or two. Rescue/Bishop is good for this team as well
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    I've been hitting seed teams with low level teams, then getting retals, so I don't have to use my 5*s for entire events.

I've found fun synergy with MODOK, Hawkeye (4*), and Thanos (4*) (all undercovered, ~ level 130 for me).  MODOK black makes red, Hawkeye makes attack tiles when you match red, if you make too many enemy attack tiles, Thanos removes some.

Another team I like is Doc Ock (3*), Hawkeye (3*), and Sabretooth (at level 209).  Sabretooth makes enemy strike tiles, when you match them, he does damage, Hawkeye gives you AP, and Doc Ock makes attack tiles for you.  Hawkeye's black can also make enemy strike tiles, when you need him to heal.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Dusted off Goblin for the current Nefarious Foes PVP and paired him with Hawkeye and Iceman. Had enemy opponent stunned for 14 turns.

Also not sure if it's intended, but it appears any stun with Iceman on the team stacks (in this case, Bola Arrow added to an already stunned enemy).
    As someone who has played Iceman/DD and Iceman/Bish a lot, that definitely seems new. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Dusted off Goblin for the current Nefarious Foes PVP and paired him with Hawkeye and Iceman. Had enemy opponent stunned for 14 turns.

Also not sure if it's intended, but it appears any stun with Iceman on the team stacks (in this case, Bola Arrow added to an already stunned enemy).
    Is Goblin necessary on that team?  Hawkeye already fortifies the countdowns.  Or is he there for his colors?

I have both Iceman and Hawkeye championed, will it be less effective using an under-covered Goblin with them?  (Should I look for a different third?)
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2020
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Is Goblin necessary on that team?  Hawkeye already fortifies the countdowns.  Or is he there for his colors?

I have both Iceman and Hawkeye championed, will it be less effective using an under-covered Goblin with them?  (Should I look for a different third?)

Between the two, they fortify every Iceman CD tile immediately. One or the other and only half the CD's are fortified, and typically not the ones you want to match.