Challenge of the Courts locked nodes do not start gaining charges at event start [Investigating]

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Same issue as the old Across Ixalan, the locked nodes of Challenge of the Court do not gain charges until you unlock them AND play a game in them.

Really super punishing for anyone who starts late, please change it to match literally every other event.

@Oktagon_Support

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    BUMP 

Had perfection this morning in the CotC Ardenvale event. Finally got home (tired and ready to relax and play) to see one charge per node. Complete each node perfectly to find that I’m lagging behind with 135 points, along with many others, and one person on top with 170.

You’d literally have to have a reminder set to play each node before the second recharge gets wasted. I can’t play and drive, so these events are all handicapped for me. Great, and I was actually looking forward to 30 pinks after the ant-sized rewards for TGT. Elderspark even worse. Meager rewards there, and swindled out of the somewhat better ones.

Every single CotC event for me has been ruined by this tinykitty. 

This is just absolutely INFURIATING for those of us who work hard both irl and in game. Grinds my gears, starting to feel like Runaway Steam Kin when I load up the app. All it takes is a bug or this tinykitty and POW. I quickly get red hot over it.

Saying goodbye to my VIP for a while. Good riddance! I can’t feel good financially supporting this ridiculousness any longer. 

If my vehicle was maintained like this game, it’d probably be unsafe to drive at all.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I see this has been set to ‘investigating’ 

errrr shall I help?

Yes ok- start a new account (or use one you have that isn’t in the event yet) play a battle and see what the next node looks like (if you don’t believe what the players are saying that is of course)

then simply tell us if this is how it is meant to be or not. 

Investigation over

Sorry if it’s not that easy but from where I am that’s how it looks
  • Smokincookz
    Even worse still, if you DO unlock all four, & still have charges unused, when the recharge comes you’ll stay at one charge instead of a stack going up to two+. Didn’t matter that I rushed the initial unlock. Have to play each recharge before they fail to stack!
     Who has the dedication to play each node immediately after each recharge? I can’t plan my work day and play off and on (like I do on weekends).
    If the recharge is 6 hours and you don’t play the node within that time, bye bye to 4 potential matches! 

With the normal workday being 8+hrs, this is a HUGE **** moment. 

With a number of cards bugged or just not doing what they say... amazing the player base even remains at all.
  • Smokincookz
    Still occurring...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I submitted a ticket on this a while back and oooooo lord was it a doozy. They replied that every possible iteration of this event - every flip - could always get max charges and the same max score. No matter what I said, they planted that flag on that hill and would not budge. Then I submitted a Q&A about it, and nothing happened at all. 

Basically, I gave up on them fixing this. They don’t even think it’s broken.  
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    My understanding is that this is WAD, it is just an unpopular design. I strongly agree that this design is bad as it punishes players for not starting immediately and not winning the first match in each node.

There is a lot of variety today in how events "work" (different recharge times, different amount of charges recharged, different number of total charges available, even different recharge start times). It is becoming cumbersome to try to know how I need to approach each event. I would argue that there has been a good amount of experimentation and good discuss of each on this forum and that development should choose one or a few to apply across all events. This will simplify things as well as make everyone happier to see our favorite styles more often and our less favored styles less or never. This should at least be visually represented so we don't have to dig through paragraphs of text in the event description to figure out what is what.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    @Bubbles_CS if they actually believe that any and all iterations of CotC have a possible score of 360 points, then this is definitely not WAD

and I haven’t mathed this out, but the staggered recharge times means some people will have less charges than others in the same pod as I have seen on one occasion. it’s definitely a bad system, even if it’s WAD. 
  • Smokincookz
    I agree with @jtwood

Most recently, I started around the same time as the event started, played one match in the first node, then one match in each other node, unlocking them. I was given only one initial charge for nodes 2,3, & 4, and 3 or 4 charges for the first node.

There were enough available matches that I could get progression, but was missing about 9 available charges compared to first place scoring. This would line up with the three nodes being short 3 charges each.

Truthfully, the ranked rewards are not enough for me to care much, but I was planning on using the event to gain XP.