MPQ Holiday Events - December 2019 (Updated 12/9/19)

124»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would I be right be in saying that the only time a 5* cover has been made available as a reward was on the debut of the civil war alliance event?

Correct.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'd draw from that store more than I would Latests, as I'm chasing 4 Prof X covers currently, and my JJ and Beard Cap could use more covers to give me some reliable 5 stars to transition with to that tier...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would I be right be in saying that the only time a 5* cover has been made available as a reward was on the debut of the civil war alliance event?

From my memory (which is appalling) we've never been given one as part of any celebration. The spirit of scrooge continues to run deep at d3 lol
    5*s are pretty old now. It makes you wonder how old the class will have to get before they consider them worthy of giving away for free even once a year? Will the game close before then? 
  • bluewolf
    While this thread has a note saying that events would be listed on the sneak peek, there are things that are falling outside of the event category that are of interest. 

The 4* costume was for Emma and cost 2950 hp. 

The Family Legends store opened as already noted. 

They have offered both the 3Spidey and Khan costumes as standalone items for 5.99 each. 

There’s been some double iso events (DDQ, Prodigal Sun, Iceman PVP) which is nice. 

A double HP offer when buying a Loonies. 

We’ll see if anything else appears. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    The 12 Days event is complete and we got enough shards for a cover for the pig plus some to spare. Does this mean the devs miscalculated or are there more pork scratchings to come?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    The 12 Days event is complete and we got enough shards for a cover for the pig plus some to spare. Does this mean the devs miscalculated or are there more pork scratchings to come?
    You all are thinking too small. In 2027 you will have earned that bonus Spider-Ham cover assuming you played for 8 years and didn’t miss a node. How sweet it will be!!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    They purposefully calculated extra shards, so that we are inclined try to build upon that balance with future purchases or play (when more shards become earnable). 
    It's a good business tactic since many of us feel the need to complete something that isn't, etc. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Ptahhotep said:
    LOL and just now a Spider-Ham deal shows up in HfH
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:

More likely, I think, they just gave us a bit extra in case you missed some.
  • StarCrossed11
    StarCrossed11 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    can we get a schedule update any day now  :|
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'all ever see that holiday movie where the kid wakes up one day and his parents are in France, so he has to just kind of fend for himself until they come back? And like some villains come, so he puts down a bunch of trap tiles until he summons Old Man Neighbor is a team up to finish them off? It was pretty popular.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    All right kids, another 10 hours or so.  :p
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    Y'all ever see that holiday movie where the kid wakes up one day and his parents are in France, so he has to just kind of fend for himself until they come back? And like some villains come, so he puts down a bunch of trap tiles until he summons Old Man Neighbor is a team up to finish them off? It was pretty popular.

Worst parents ever.  Just sayin'.

(OK, maybe not the worst.  But today this would be a much different movie......)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today this movie would be about James Bond, and it would be called Skyfall. j/s