CotT: Teen Jean vs. Moonstone

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
To my surprise, this was a close and rather interesting battle. I lost my first attempt with my champed Jean, due to miscalculating the damage by a couple of hundred points. I forgot about my protect tile that she stole that was hiding in a corner. <200 health Moonstone had a big smile on her face when she blasted me into dust with her red the next turn!

On the second try I waited to cast green until I could also cast purple the next turn, minimizing the effect of her rudely stealing tiles with her black power. 

My reward was a good one - my very first Beta Ray Bill, hooray!

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    I tried with a 1/2/2, and got to within 3K of a win, but that felt like a near-perfect run, and I haven't been close to that mark again. And that's still quite a few turns away from victory.

Certainly have to deny red at all costs, and even the purple is painful if you have no specials out. 

I went with a 2* Quinjet support (+135 to DAs, and 15% chance of 126 strike), and max damage boosts.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonie has that mega health pool but her situational red means she needs a great board to pose too much of a threat to a Champed JG. Jeanie zap kapowed her with green and purple and poor old Karla even made a match 5 for match over... 
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    This fight was no challenge whatsoever with my champed Jean. The green tiles fell like mana from heaven allowing Jean to drop a plague of special tiles on her overmatched enemy. Truly full of surprises she finished her off quite handily. Jean no longer minded as her enemy no longer mattered....
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Took me a few attempts to get this one. Just had to hoard green tiles until I could release a barrage of damage and special tiles.