MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2019 Edition (Updated 12/24/19)

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    *sigh* So the first DDQ of the new rotation just started, and it looks like we are, in fact, rerunning the same events as the last Savory round, with Sentry/Punisher/Blade/Patch/Torch as Required characters, Wolverine as the first Behemoth Burrito team, and Iceman in the Crash. Kind of pisses me off not only because of how both the communication and, apparently, programming of DDQs over the holidays was botched, but because I wasn't anticipating needing to have 2* Torch rostered for a few more days and we're less than 36 hours away from any 4*s received from primary feeders changing when the devs fixed the retroactive rewards expiring, so now I'm facing more of a roster-slot crunch than I was anticipating... I really don't mean to be so complainy, but I really do care about things going right and I do normally rely on this thread to assist in my planning...
    I feel ya. Before I finally got to 100% rostering of my 2 and 3 stars, I too would slip a required character into a revolving free spot.

Edit note: Changed "3 and 4 stars" to "2 and 3 stars". The former made no sense.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    .Godzillafan67 said:
    *sigh* So the first DDQ of the new rotation just started, and it looks like we are, in fact, rerunning the same events as the last Savory round, with Sentry/Punisher/Blade/Patch/Torch as Required characters, Wolverine as the first Behemoth Burrito team, and Iceman in the Crash. Kind of pisses me off not only because of how both the communication and, apparently, programming of DDQs over the holidays was botched, but because I wasn't anticipating needing to have 2* Torch rostered for a few more days and we're less than 36 hours away from any 4*s received from primary feeders changing when the devs fixed the retroactive rewards expiring, so now I'm facing more of a roster-slot crunch than I was anticipating... I really don't mean to be so complainy, but I really do care about things going right and I do normally rely on this thread to assist in my planning...
    I feel ya. Before I finally got to 100% rostering of my 2 and 3 stars, I too would slip a required character into a revolving free spot.

Edit note: Changed "3 and 4 stars" to "2 and 3 stars". The former made no sense.
    Yup yup. Been there, done that, don't miss it at all.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    So there's still silence regarding the DDQ faux pas? *sigh* Would love to know who is actually going to be required each day. (But then we're coming up on the point where events are going to be going in blind, with no clue what to expect, thanks to lack of updates.)

So I expect the next crash to feature Jean Grey (NOT Agent Venom). Can't say anything about the rest...
    Jean is the next Crash judging by HfH so nice call there. 👍
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping we see a January Sneak Peek soon.......
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    Preview for Jubilee PvP is up.  Just wanted to make sure Beta Ray Bill's boost is over!

Boosted 4*'s for the week:
    Chavez
    Juggernaut
    Medusa
    XF-Wolverine
    X-23
    Karolina Dean (still new)

3*: Bullseye, Cyclops, Doom, Loki, She-Hulk
  • bluewolf
    RickOShay said:
    Preview for Jubilee PvP is up.  Just wanted to make sure Beta Ray Bill's boost is over!

Thank goodness.....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beta Ray Bill should have a SHIELD affiliation added to him.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn’t it time we had a January sneak peek?
    Technically, yes. However, they were supposed to return on Thursday but like half the team was still drunk from New Years and the other half probably called in "sick" so we probably won't see the January thread until Monday.
  • bluewolf
    shardwick said:
    Isn’t it time we had a January sneak peek?
    Technically, yes. However, they were supposed to return on Thursday but like half the team was still drunk from New Years and the other half probably called in "sick" so we probably won't see the January thread until Monday.
    That's almost 100% certain given that it's now Saturday, although Brigby has occasionally surprised us.

The next event is probably the 3 day Meet Rocket and Groot, probably uses Carbage and gives out 2099 for him to be essential for a new release starting Thursday along with being required for Shield Training.  There's an outside chance they go with Strange Sights.

Don't ask me what's up next with PVP but I'm afraid to ask after Snowball Fight, anyway.
  • bluewolf
    @bluewolf I take it you are expecting a 4* next rather than a 5*?
    Since we have basically had a ratio of 2 4’s to each 5 since Storm, yes.  And of course that is the ratio they’ve been using for years, other than the first part of 2019. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Divine Champions PvP event up.

Placement rewards:
    4* Drax
    3* Thanos
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    RickOShay said:

Placement rewards:
    4* Drax
    3* Thanos
    Probably Black Vortex following, then.

Two pick-3 Bishop/Hammer fests. Fantastic, I can’t wait. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    RickOShay said:

Placement rewards:
    4* Drax
    3* Thanos
    Probably Black Vortex following, then.

Two pick-3 Bishop/Hammer fests. Fantastic, I can’t wait. 
    Holidays are over, yo. 

Back to work everyone!!
  • bluewolf
    Strange Sights is up next.  2099 covers in rewards, so looks like the next ST essential.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
       Beta Ray Bill is also the required 5* for this event too.  Modok blue is the progression reward for SCL 7+.  Hulk is the required 3* and Thor 3* is the reward for placement.
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    jtsings said:
       Beta Ray Bill is also the required 5* for this event too.  Modok blue is the progression reward for SCL 7+.  Hulk is the required 3* and Thor 3* is the reward for placement.
    Good point, Carbage will therefore be the 5E for the presumed new release on Thursday.

Also, I'd rather be forced to bring BRB to Strange Sights and Mindless One nodes vs Carbage, so good choice there.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Conversely Carnage could work quite well.  With CDs counting as enemy specials he's almost always going to be making free moves and throwing out strikes.  Too many other matches have him wasting turns creating enemy attack tiles.
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2020
    Jormagund said:
    Conversely Carnage could work quite well.  With CDs counting as enemy specials he's almost always going to be making free moves and throwing out strikes.  Too many other matches have him wasting turns creating enemy attack tiles.
    I prefer being in control vs watching Carnage do stuff.  Strange Sights is special-heavy so it sounds torturous to me.

On the other hand I have little idea what follows it so maybe it'll seem bad to play  in hindsight, but at least they aren't making the newest 5 required for a new release.

Although...running SS means they could run a 4 day for the new release, which brings us back to MRG (as the longest-ago run "normal" PVE) which seems to have shifted to always being run as a 4 day event, so maybe that's the next PVE.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Sigh, I wish there were more PVE modes to rotate through.