Current:
Standard = 6 3* Shards
Elite = 13 3* Shards
Heroic = 10 3* and 3 4* Shards
LL & CL = 15 4* and 3 5* Shards

Proposed:
Standard = Same for 1* & 2*, but 15 3* Shards when pulling a 3* cover
Elite = Same for 2*, but 20 3* Shards when pulling a 3* cover
Heroic = Same for 2*, but 20 3* Shards when pulling a 3* cover, and 25 4* Shards when pulling a 4* cover
LL & CL = Same for 4*, but 25 5* Shards when pulling a 5* cover.

Comments

• slenderlock
    slenderlock Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I support this, it would soften the blow of pulling a 4-star on a heroic and getting 3 4-star shards. (Guess what happened this morning.) I'd have a full cover of my chosen character now if bonus covers were still functional, but it looks like it's going to take two years to get one, at this rate. I still think bonus covers should come back, but this suggestion would be a marked improvement.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    I like this idea, even in a more limited fashion like only for the 3* cover on a Standard pull (and maybe the 4* Heroic pull as well).

We definitely lost some of the joy in opening the more common covers, when BH was replaced by shards. Opening standard tokens is always uneventful now, for example. This idea would restore some of that, along with bumping the overall reward rates to reverse the drop that accompanied the shard transition (at a time when we really needed that rate boosted to help with dilution).

No need IMO for a shard bonus on LTs/CLs, which already carry enough excitement from pulling a 5*.

• DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I agree, higher tokens guarantee higher covers, but shards should match cover level.
    When we were getting bonus covers they were equal to the cover we got first.
    So should be for the shards: you should get a proportional amount of shards according to the cover level you got.