Tour de Ravnica - lack of storyline.

Can we please get a somewhat more detailed storyline and descriptions for the various levels in this event?

A single paragraph repeated over and over again is very disappointing - at least give us a description of the various guilds, areas, etc.

I like the fact that there is another event on the calendar, but come on, players have been begging for better storyline within the game since I've been on these fora.

This wouldn't be a big adjustment and it would make the game so much more immersive. One of the strengths of MTG is the lore - are we going to ignore that here?

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that this issue is of rather low importance. I would not be surprised if the developers have decided to prioritise this down in order to get new content launched and fix bugs instead.

this kind of flavour is great if they can the app to function, not the other way around.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oktagon's done that with every event they've come out with.  Its a very very low priority issue.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Adding a text a field for a dev isn't that hard.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Storyline I'm less concerned about in this particular event... But a little blurb about each location would be kinda nice. I had a good time in general with the even, but... Love me some background.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, they're too busy prioritizing...something...to spend 20 minutes coming up with interesting descriptive text.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Thing is, you can get all your points for the rewards just by playing the first node, repeatedly,  so there's not even an onus to see all the nodes unless you're just up for multiple challenges . 

If you HAD to finish all the nodes for all the points, more storytelling would be more worthwhile .
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azerack said:
    Thing is, you can get all your points for the rewards just by playing the first node, repeatedly,  so there's not even an onus to see all the nodes unless you're just up for multiple challenges . 

If you HAD to finish all the nodes for all the points, more storytelling would be more worthwhile .
    I don't see how the two are related. 

The story is just a nice thing to read while the game loads (and captures the flavor of the event).

The difficulty is whatever you want it to be.  

Unless you mean it isn't worth taking 20 minutes to do because a lot of players won't see it?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could some of the flavour text for appropriate cards be used? Then all the translation work is already done even and it can just be dropped in...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, but I also should say I really enjoyed the event, just wish the games would last longer so the AI gets a chance to actually use all abilities sometimes!
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    Azerack said:

I don't see how the two are related. 

The story is just a nice thing to read while the game loads (and captures the flavor of the event).

The difficulty is whatever you want it to be.  

Unless you mean it isn't worth taking 20 minutes to do because a lot of players won't see it?
    Exactly so.. If people are only interested in the points/rewards, they're only going to see the first loading screen as little as 4 times, but they'll see the same one (unless the randomize the loading text).