MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2019 Edition (Updated 12/24/19)

Comments

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
       BTW just a side note Unstable ISO is actually only a 3 day event.  Just a heads up that the 2nd set of nodes are 24 hours and not 48 hours.
    Unstable Iso-8 - 4 Day Duration (12/23/19) *New Update*

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Daredevil
    4-Star: New Character (???)
    3-Star: Blade
    2-Star: Wolverine

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: New Character - Blue
    3-Star: Blade - Purple, Black, Green
    2-Star: Wolverine - Green, Yellow
    1-Star: Black Widow - Purple

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: America Chavez - Red, Yellow, Green
    3-Star: Loki - Purple, Green, Black
    2-Star: Ms. Marvel - Black, Yellow, Red

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: America Chavez - Red
    3-Star: Loki - Black
    2-Star: Ms. Marvel - Yellow, Red
    1-Star: Juggernaut - Red

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/71793/how-players-pushed-marvel-puzzle-quest-beyond-midcore/

“ Specifically, our community really wants to know what events are on the calendar .....”

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(12/24/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs
  • bluewolf
    The 12 Days event this time around requires you to use only members with that affiliation.  That's different from prior runs where you only needed 1.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    The Evergreen Event sounds like a lot of fun. Forces us to play different character combos (no Kitty, Bishop, Worthy Cap, Okoye, etc).
    Assuming of course a green Passive ability still qualifies. 

But a team of 3? That will be kind of weird to balance out what other color abilities you want to use. 

For a completely unrelated question, is Beta Ray Bill still boosted for this event?   ;)
  • Brigby
    RickOShay said:
    -snip-

For a completely unrelated question, is Beta Ray Bill still boosted for this event?   ;)
    For the Evergreen event? According to my notes, there won't be any boosted characters for the event, however I'll see if I can double check on a test build.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    bluewolf said:
    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/71793/how-players-pushed-marvel-puzzle-quest-beyond-midcore/

“ Specifically, our community really wants to know what events are on the calendar .....”

I read some of it... then stopped when they said they had a really good QA team.
    They actually have a QA team?? Or do they mean us?  :p
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a sec, I thought that was Prodigal Sun and The Hulk back-to-back.
    Evergreen looks like it would be a whole lot of fun if I were still in 4* land. 5torm, IceV, and Cable it is I guess. That does trim out Kitty, Okoye, HammerCap (and incidentally Hawkeye as well), and Bishop, tho, so it might actually still be pretty interesting.
  • Brigby
    IceIX DDQ 12/24 is mr. Pool not flash venom 😀
    IceIX is out of the office already, but thanks for the heads up! I've updated it to show Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) now :)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @Brigby and Merry Christmas! Are we really getting another Iceman crash? We just had him before Deadpool. Or is this another case of copy-pasta?
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I'm hoping we at least end up with some acknowledgement of the now multiple weeks of misinformation regarding Deadpool dailies... It's looking intentionally bad, with the "next" batch (which is what the last batch ACTUALLY was), only even showing 4 days of the featured 3-stars, and they SHOULD be wrong, since everything but the missing day is exactly what the last batch was (though the ones posted were very different). Honestly, instead of posting the wrong things, just post nothing, with a message of "figure it out for yourselves", or something. It would be less harmful.
  • bluewolf
    Nice to see some more double iso events for people. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    It is good to see more special PVP event, It will be good to have more PVP event like Evergreen (like with other colours)  where there is a certain restriction to a team formation but not enough to lock out most characters if your roster not deep enough.
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Festival of fights off the top of my head

5* Tier:

Captain America (IW)
    Doctor Doom
    Professor X
    Thor
    Jessica Jones
    Beta Ray Bill
    Daredevil

Might surprise you: Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Spider-Man (PP), Green Goblin

Notable exclusions: Okoye, Kitty, Hawkeye!

4*
    Spider-Man
    Vulture
    Miles Morales
    Ghost
    Riri Williams
    Nova
    Wolfsbane
    Yondu
    Captain Marvel
    Rogue
    Moon Knight
    Iron Man

Juggernaut, Grocket, and Chavez are all maybes for me

Might surprise you: Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, The Hulk (ME), Venom (AV), X-23

Notable exclusions: Bishop, Captain America!
    Why no love for 5* Kingpin? I have been using him to great effect! He seems built for one on one bareknuckle brawling. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thalfen said:
    Festival of fights off the top of my head

5* Tier:

Captain America (IW)
    Doctor Doom
    Professor X
    Thor
    Jessica Jones
    Beta Ray Bill
    Daredevil

Might surprise you: Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Spider-Man (PP), Green Goblin

Notable exclusions: Okoye, Kitty, Hawkeye!

4*
    Spider-Man
    Vulture
    Miles Morales
    Ghost
    Riri Williams
    Nova
    Wolfsbane
    Yondu
    Captain Marvel
    Rogue
    Moon Knight
    Iron Man

Juggernaut, Grocket, and Chavez are all maybes for me

Might surprise you: Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, The Hulk (ME), Venom (AV), X-23

Notable exclusions: Bishop, Captain America!
    Why no love for 5* Kingpin? I have been using him to great effect! He seems built for one on one bareknuckle brawling. 
    Probably because he's fairly complicated to use, with almost ail his powers revolving around either your AP pool, the enemy's, or both. 

This event has been all about winning a match as quickly as possible so you can shield, or putting out a defensive character to either have people skip you, or have them wipe to you. To me, Kingpin doesn't fit the bill for either of those descriptions. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    But Kingpin was fine for early climbing, and actually quite fun. 
     With team Ups out of the way it was easy to get an early start on his underrated green, leading into his strong blue. 
    Not saying hes great but it was enjoyable to play with him a while. 
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    It appears as though @Brigby a) only corrected the Crash for the DDQ round starting 12/24 when prompted to do so, and didn't correct the erroneous Required characters or Behemoth Burrito teams (today's Behemoth Burrito supposedly requires Spider-Man 2099 when it actually requires Agent Coulson), and b) posted the *actual* lineup for the *last* DDQ round (the one that *still* shows Vulture as being featured in the Crash) as starting 12/31, when the next round should start 12/29 and e.g. should feature as Required characters Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Iron Fist, Ragnarok, and Kamala Khan.

Also tagging @IceIX to let him know that the current DDQ round is still *mostly* erroneous and the DDQ round listed as starting 12/31 should in fact replace the one currently listed as starting 12/19.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    But apart from that...Merry Christmas @Brigby and @IceIX !
  • bluewolf
    The Hunt on 1/2 is not a new release.  Also, we have Wolfsbane rewards now for Prodigal Sun and MODOK for The Hunt, so the third Latest is 2099 who will be the reward (almost certainly) for the event starting on 1/6/19.  Assuming that 1/9 brings a new 4, that means that 2099 will be one of the 3 Shield Training essentials.

He's been around a while, so that should make people pretty happy (at least vs it being Wolfsbane or MODOK).
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    *sigh* So the first DDQ of the new rotation just started, and it looks like we are, in fact, rerunning the same events as the last Savory round, with Sentry/Punisher/Blade/Patch/Torch as Required characters, Wolverine as the first Behemoth Burrito team, and Iceman in the Crash. Kind of pisses me off not only because of how both the communication and, apparently, programming of DDQs over the holidays was botched, but because I wasn't anticipating needing to have 2* Torch rostered for a few more days and we're less than 36 hours away from any 4*s received from primary feeders changing when the devs fixed the retroactive rewards expiring, so now I'm facing more of a roster-slot crunch than I was anticipating... I really don't mean to be so complainy, but I really do care about things going right and I do normally rely on this thread to assist in my planning...