Amidst the woes for the retro rewards and shards and everything, I do want to give some credit.

I want to point out the good that is going on right now, because I don't want it to get lost in the negative feedback and thus, expunged.

The events that have been run in succession have been pretty good, I think. Gwenpool > Globetrotting > Civil War > 12 Days has been a good run of very player oriented rewards that feels good for the player. I think this sort of pattern should be repeated, and I hope this isn't (strictly) a holiday run, and we can see more of this in the future.

Going by the many voices rule, I think it's pretty obvious that this goodwill isn't totally offsetting the woes we are experiencing as a whole over a lot of the changes, but I think this particular run of events is something of an olive branch from the Devs I'm quite willing to accept. If we get events like this running nonstop alongside our usual PVEs and PVPs then I could see it doing a lot to help with the dilution problem without just being a get-out-of-tier-free card.

And I like that.

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Gwenpool Circuit and Globetrotting should definitely run more often. 12 Days is a holiday centric event, and should stay as part of the holiday celebration, though. 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The questionnaires they run from time to time have a selection to vote for more solo events or untimed events, and I think the events you are listing, except Civil War, fit that bill, and may be a response to past surveys.  Or not.  They don't say explicitly, so tough to know.  But I also like the trend.  
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i like that after a few years of nothing, they actually started working on the game again. it might not all have been well received, but at least they did something other than release new characters.

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    What negative feedback are you referring to? If you mean the retroactive shards fiasco, whilst it may have been negative, it was certainly warranted. 
    I agree! I am just saying that, being that I’ve already voiced that, I don’t want to miss this, because I don’t want the eve to think this wasn’t ’noticed / appreciated.

This doesn’t make up for that, but I don’t want them to forget these events in the process of addressing the other issues and then being like “well we didn’t know y’all liked these”