Retroactive Rewards Update

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

Thank you!!!!!
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Ok, now I’m reaallyy peeved! I’m at work, teaching young hooligans to write essays, and shardmas II is happening. I won’t be home for 4 more hours! How dare D3 not care for and feed me because I play their game! What is the world coming to. ( yes I could play at work, but when I played on two devices, I lost a lot of stuff.)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks again everyone!  This feels more like how it should have the first time!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Muuuuuch better.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thank you devs!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks devs!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my 904 rewards today.  Very happy with the results even though it took some time.  

Thanks to my fellow players for voicing you concerns as loud as we did over the many different platforms that it took for this to be fixed.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone get retroactive shards for Spiderman Black Suit from Infinity war spidey? I earned 12 covers but didn't get the 500 backlogged shards to make 13 😞
    Nothing changed in infinity war spidey's rewards so there were no retroactive rewards for black suit spidey.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    D3 made it rain!!!
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the update! Greatly appreciated that the community was heard! 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I was very glad to receive these rewards today.  I just need a few million iso to champ everybody and take advantage of all the rewards...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    With this update today, it makes this the best MPChristmas since Clash of the Mad Titan.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Now it's much better. Thank you!
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Thanks for this update devs, it's definitely appreciated, along with recent mechanics changes like shards!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the great second roll-out. It felt a bit like Shardmas: First Anniversary edition, which is a good thing. 
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    A big thanks here too!
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited December 2019
    Thank you ! Gonna postpone the retirement.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Not had time to visit the forums for a few days; just caught up on the backlog of posts.
    Adding my thanks to the rest of the thread; appreciate you listening and making this strong goodwill gesture.
    The only feedback I'd give is echoing some of the posts in this thread hoping that there have been lessons learned both with regards to communication and the balance between chasing income and making the game rewarding for the player base (from F2P to whales).
    It will be interesting to see when shards enter other parts of the game (progression/placement rewards, vaults etc.) whether this drives a change in policy.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
      I just wanted to say thank you again for reconsidering and giving the people who have spent countless hours growing their rosters, get a chance to see their hard work be rewarded.  Because of that, I bumped up my regular $2 monthly spend this month to a VIP purchase.   
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I'm surprised more people have not mentioned the CP/HP discrepancy previously offered as champion rewards vs. what is now being offered. I know it sounds like crying over spilt milk, but we're exponentially worse off than before and while I'm pleased retroactive shards were awarded, I'm still unsure if this whole revolution of in game rewards is actually a good thing or not. 
    I think a lot of people are waiting for the final-ish info on the event rewards.

I am trying to decide how much losing the champ reward HP/CP changes your game when you consider that you use those resources, mostly, for chasing covers.

HP for newer rosters is a big hit when there are 201 characters, for sure.

But getting shards spread out is a little better in the age of dilution in terms of getting a cover faster vs the old "need to hit 320" break point (or whatever level you needed).  Especially when you combine a fed person with targeting them.

Is it all worth it?  Is it enough?  I don't know.

I mean what will you do anyway? They drew down the rewards.  Are you quitting over that?  

They do (maybe) take action on some things we complain about, but they've not materially increased in game rewards in 2 years (other than now shards, however you judge that).  So even if we all started posting  over and over about how much we want that HP and CP back, do you for one second think they will say "oops,  you guys are right, here you go!"?  Do you?  Cause I sure as heck don't.  You can post here every stinking day about being mad they took a few hundred HP and 40 CP or whatever out of the cycle of max champing a 3 or 4 and they won't make one change unless, I guess,  we all said we aren't spending any money until they put it back in and the buy clubs shut down and we review bomb it to 1 * again.  But I don't think enough people really care, and the high end vets and whales are swimming in HP most of the time and CP isn't that super hard to build up when you want to.

So that isn't happening. So you adapt to the new normal or you decide you've had enough and walk away to one of the thousands or millions of other things you can do with your free time.  That's all you can do.