New error on loading screen, 3.9.1

Options
starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
I've had this twice on the current TDW... I get to the loading screen, and the spinning circles just go around, and around, and around.

What makes this different from lockups that I've had in the past is that, up until now, if I shut off my device's connection to the internet, MTGPQ would detect that and a screen would pop up and tell me that it detected the connection loss. This is not the case with these recent errors; no popup occurs.

The first time this happened, I had just finished a game, and my points for winning were already logged, so I reset my game and lost nothing.

The second time, however, was before I started the game, and so I lost points in the event. Note that since the event has shifted from Standard to Legacy, this cost me a considerable number of places on the leaderboard (since the event is so much easier to play now and so many players are tied in first place).

Comments

• Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    We've had multiple reports of this "Ending Encounter" bug in our group. When you lose connectivity, that message usually comes up every so often and it used to be able to detect a new connection and continue. Now it only comes up one time, and then it gets stuck in an endless loop of "Ending Encounter" and you have to close the app. This resulted in a loss for me, even though I won the match. 

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    +1 to these issues