Blow my stash on LL ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Would you blow my stash in LL or wait ?

My current stash is burning a hole in my pocket. Was curious who would say go for it or wait, to maybe nudge me one direction or the other. I have 107 LL tokens, could have more if I champed about 10 or 12 4*s on my roster. I've got 3582 CPs and 2,873,397 ISO. I've got the stash allowing me about 250 pulls in LL. 

I've wanted 5Prof X for a while, I've got 2 covers for him and he's set as my target hero for shards. I have 2 covers for BRB and no covers for 5Carnage. Last time I had a large stash was when Carol, Doom, Hela were in LL. At that time I blew my stash of 300 pulls and covered all 3 of them, having quite a bit of CPs leftover. My fully covered 5s are Carol, Doom, Hela, Thanos, and OML, Panther, Ironman with 10+ covers. I play primarily PVE btw.

Of course waiting until around 300 pulls gives a better chance to fully cover all 3 5s. However my last stash of 300 pulls was more than enough to fully cover the trio of 5s at the time. Which has me anxious to open my current stash. 

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I personally am waiting to spend my hoard, about 340 pulls at the moment, until after carbage leaves the latest legend pack.  I would recommend you do the same and have more pulls for a better chance to cover all 3 and hopefully beta ray bill and the 2 five stars after him are better than prof x, carbage, and brb.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd pull until you get a Carnage cover. That way, you're covered for when he's an essential. Whatever other 5-stars you get, you get.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Depends how bad you want to cover 5ProfX. If you want to champ him your best shot is to do so when he's still in LL.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Professor X is great, I use him with half health Thor in PVE, but I think he'd be great with Thanos too.   Signal boost is a great accelerator when you get it, and the purple's versatility can prep guys for a court death chain.  I don't have Panther so I can't say if it's better than that pair, and PX/Thanos isn't faster than Gritty/Thanos either.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled mine.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Carbage wasn't in there, I'd say yes, risk as many pulls as you can, but I agree with the person saying draw till you hit the first Carbage to at least roster him and pray it isn't his blacks if you don't like tile moving you can't control. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I decided against chasing 5Iceman, not that he's bad. But by time I built this new stash up to 250-260 pulls he had left LL anyway for BRB. Not in love with 5carnage either, but waiting for him to leave means 5Prof X would be gone too. I use Hela very heavily in PVE so maybe 5Carnage would pair well in some circumstances with tile buffage.

I'm having a very hard time thinking we'll ever get 3 top tier 5s in LL at once. With how fast 5s are churned out and recent love affair D3 has with countdowns, repeaters, special tiles, seems like there will always be at least one underwhelming gimmicky 5 in LLs. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think holding out for a good set of 5*s in LL makes sense.  But holding out for 3x all above average characters may be more trouble than it's worth. 

Ice + storm + profX was 3 above average characters.  But if BRB is as good as GED or JJ, then I think it's arguable that Prof X + BRB + carnage is superior.  Obviously Thor + okoye + wasp would be agood LL to unhoard if you were building a 5* roster.  So where is the cutoff?  I would argue that 1 very good 5* + 1 good or better 5* + anything is a decent selection.  And I think Prof X and BRB are both somewhere in the good to very good spectrum.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled my Latest stash. Wanted to get Professor X closer to complete (only have 2 lone blue covers). 

166 pulls later... 
    Got 8 Carnage, championed 
    Got 7 Beta Ray Bill 3/0/4
    Got 6 Professor X, and enough shards from 4* covers to put him at 4/2/3

21/166 = 12.65%

Going to stop here until Professor X and Carnage rotates out. I can wait for another 57 4* covers to finish 5* Professor through shards from champion rewards. Glad I didn't have to touch my stash of 15k command points.