MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2019 Edition (Updated 12/24/19)

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    In case I'm very, very wrong.   Haha!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:

There's another 5* that I believe will do quite well but I'm not going to mention much until I can test it out. Many are expecting this character to be fully nerfed but the other power(s) will be excellent. 

The only character in the 5* tier that I know some are expecting a nerf to is Bishop. 

Unless you mean nerfed by the rules of this event, in which case I’m guessing it’s iceman who even though he can’t stun, all his repeaters will hit the same character. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    My Bishop is a 4*  :D
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    That no team ups means that you can’t summon a team up, just like in a crash, not that team up is excluded from the board

The description explicitly says "No TU Tiles Allowed", and the R193 release notes mentions fixing a bug when no team-up tiles are on the board (possibly they planned to have hazard tiles in this event at some point?).

I wonder if it just means that no team-up tiles will drop from the top, or if it will be impossible for team-up tiles to appear on the board?  There are a few characters who can convert regular tiles to team-up tiles, so in theory could collect some team-up AP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I would add Nightcrawler to the “might surprise you” camp. Limited coloration on the board means you might comfortably get it shaped for a serious winfinite.

i played Ghost Rider:RR long enough to not be surprised. He hits hard when you aren’t in a hurry. 
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Savory (12/19/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Vision, Dr Strange, Thanos, Hawkeye, Star-Lord

Sweet (12/24/19) *New Update*

3-Star Required: Elektra, Gambit, Angel, Black Panther, Magneto
    @IceIX Is this correct? This looks like the DDQs from the 19th and 24th of last month, and the Crash and Behemoth Burrito teams are the same as last month as well. Based on the normal pattern the round starting 12/19 should be Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Wolverine, and Human Torch, while the round starting 12/24 should be Colossus, Cyclops, Hood, Doc Ock, and Thor.
    @brigby @IceIX or any other mod: can we get some clarity on what to expect for these next two DDQ rounds since there seems to be a copy-paste error in the post as it stands (besides the above, it's been noted that Heroes for Hire suggests Iceman, not Vulture, is in the next Crash), or is everyone already gone for the holidays? I'd like to have some certainty as to which Behemoth Burrito rounds I can play and which I can't, without just guessing based on the past pattern (including whether and when to expect Wolfsbane and who she'd be teamed with) and hoping there isn't a twist in the rotation...
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2019
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76471/mpq-winter-holidays-celebration-updated-12-31-18/p9

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76315/mpq-sneak-peek-december-2018-edition-updated-12-20-18/p5

Iceman was intentionally back to back last year as well (Winter celebration), though we also had more communication back then. 
  • Daredevil217
    edited December 2019
    I would add Nightcrawler to the “might surprise you” camp. Limited coloration on the board means you might comfortably get it shaped for a serious winfinite.

i played Ghost Rider:RR long enough to not be surprised. He hits hard when you aren’t in a hurry. 
    In the 4* tier I would only use him as a counter to Juggs. Without someone like Switch tilting the odds in your favor I don’t like my winfinite odds 1v1. 

Another way to look at this is mechanics that will play well (examples in parentheses)

- Invisibility (Miles, Ghost)
    - True Heal (God Doom, X-23)
    - Send opponents airborne (Riri, Nova)
    - Random multitap (BRB, Moon Knight)
    - Strong Passives (5* Thor, Jessica)
    - Huge single target nuke (IW Cap, Hulkbuster)
    - Damage negation (Rogue, 5* Professor)
    - Stuff happens when this character matches/tanks (IW Spidey, Chavez)

By the way, I think it is funny that stun is seemingly the most OP power and is the only power I know that gets banned in certain events, and yet it is one of the cheapest powers as well. My guess is in 3v3, the two other characters can still conceivably act, so it gets more powerful as characters lessen (unless you are Bishop and can 4-turn stunlock a team on like turn 3). 

I’d also like to add Valkyrie to the 4* tier list as her bounty will always be your sole target and it will fuel her mean multitap. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2019
    The issue with Valkyrie is going to be she has no way to produce any strikes to make Bounty Hunter reliable. Dragonfang costs 11, and at lvl 283 Bounty Hunter lasts 5 turns and needs you to do 2817, so on match damage alone, you really need to get cascade-lucky or N-match lucky to even trigger it I think, in the absence of getting lucky on a red board and being able to fire it early.

I have a feeling Juggernaut will be a strong play at the 4* tier. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a 1v1 battle I personally go with Carol or crazy Frank. I've yet to see either of them be defeated on my roster.
    The main downside for Punisher is that his black never transforms to "Army of One" in a 1v1 match. As he has no allies, his allies cannot be stunned or downed, leaving you with the more expensive and less useful version of his black.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Where are we getting the extra 150 Spider-Ham shards this holiday season? I nabbed the cover from his PVP event and will nab the last 60 shards tomorrow in the world spanning event. Are more Spider-Ham shards coming in the 12 day PVE event starting Dec. 23 as well?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm very curious if the 1-v-1 pvp is going to have a boost list or not. I assume BRB will get the mega-boost, so i'm kind of expecting to just be confronted with a wall of 550 Beta Ray Bills after a point. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Well, Beta Ray Bill rotated into Latest Legendary Store early. This is great news if you were waiting!

It's rough news if you were building up draws to go for Iceman in Latest right before it was too late... because now it's a bit too late. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this already, but my SCL9 placement rewards are not rewarding 3* covers at all for t1-200. I'm quite sure we'd still get 3* covers in new character release events.
    We haven't gotten 3-stars at SCL 9 as placement rewards in new character releases for a while, OJSP... 
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    So there's still silence regarding the DDQ faux pas? *sigh* Would love to know who is actually going to be required each day. (But then we're coming up on the point where events are going to be going in blind, with no clue what to expect, thanks to lack of updates.)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    We haven't gotten 3-stars at SCL 9 as placement rewards in new character releases for a while, OJSP... 
    Yeah. So I've been told. Perhaps it's the new rewards layout with some stuff stacked on the left that makes the right side a bit barren. Especially the lower placement rewards with the tokens.
    I've noticed this before (quite a while ago, actually) and have always thought it's not cool.

I suppose it was an early example of "we gave you this and took away this".  Lots of 4* covers get pushed out (far more than any other PVE, other than maybe alliance events) so they don't give as many 3's.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019

-  True Heal (God Doom, X-23)
    - Damage negation (Rogue, 5* Professor)
    -  Stuff happens when this character matches/tanks (IW Spidey, Chavez)

Any love for Wiccan? To some degree, he has three of these "mechanics".
    Call the Swarm Demiurge!!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    So there's still silence regarding the DDQ faux pas? *sigh* Would love to know who is actually going to be required each day. (But then we're coming up on the point where events are going to be going in blind, with no clue what to expect, thanks to lack of updates.)

So I expect the next crash to feature Jean Grey (NOT Agent Venom). Can't say anything about the rest...
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Suggestion: An in-game calendar feature where all upcoming events are previewed the instant they're coded into the game, except for hiding new characters before they're announced. That way we're not dependent on Brigby and IceIX's schedules, ability to communicate with the devs, and not screwing up when they update the post.

(This could also allow people to sign up for events well in advance, though the way bracket formation works would need to be reformed for that.)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Yes it was Deadpool today, however no clue who it is next. The preview screen is just the shield logo and when you click on it, it says 'Check Back Later for More Heroes'