Reunions PVP: Do we like it?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm curious what everyone thinks of this new Reunions PVP with the mega-limited allowed list. Are there people out there who just can't even play it? What teams are you seeing/using?

I'm basically running Carnage/Medusa/Lockjaw, and I'm finding that with all my 5* champions disallowed, I'm back in that sweet 4* MMR with a ~650 float point. I'm seeing a lot of variations on that team, some featuring G4mora instead of LJ, one or two featuring Wiccan who is a lot of fun with Medusa/Carnage actually. That has been very refreshing. Having all the current "problem characters" disallowed has also made it much more entertaining to try some more off the wall teams.

I did attempt to run Nebula/G4mora/Thano5, but it didn't really work since my Thano5 is relatively middling. Similarly, my Black Bolt isn't good, so Royal Family wasn't all that useful either. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage/Medusa/Valkyrie was working alright for me, the attack tiles you get/steal procs Valkyries bounty hunter most of the time and then it is dragonfang fun. I am also running 4Thor/Lockjaw/Black Bolt.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I tried that one against a Cardusa team myself, but since my bolt is 3/2/1 lvl 300, it didn't last too long. I feel like Th4nos/Nebula/G4mora could be better than Thano5, but my 4/2/4 unleveled Th4nos isn't ready for prime time.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Normally I play events up to 16 or if it runs nicely to 19 wins. This one I stopped after 1 win. Most of our alliance did not even care to go for this worthless first win.
    Does this answer the topic question?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    In a way; why was this one so bad? I find that the overwhelming Cardusa presence makes my matches slow as molasses, but at the same time i'm more comfortably hanging on to points unshielded so I don't quite mind it as much.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was a nice change of pace. Like you, my MMR dropped quite a bit, but probably not quite as far, since I have Hela almost champed. I kind of wish there was some sort of "practice mode" where we could fool around for a day or two with different eligible teams to figure out what really worked before the event actually started. I just ran Hela/Gamora/Medusa for the whole thing, but I feel like there were probably some other good teams I had available. I just didn't feel comfortable experimenting too much in the event itself when I could get hit back.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I would have happily ignored it if it had been between seasons.  Sucks that they put it in one.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed it - it was nice seeing (and using) something besides Gritty + X. I used primarily Gamora + Medusa + someone else, as those two could carry the show pretty well on their own. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was interesting.  I am not sure I loved it liked it or could do without.  I think I would like to see it run again with a different list of characters buffed slash essential.  I am also interested to see if I will like or hate the 1 v 1 event.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It felt like an off season to me also. I have to say, I am ultra hype for 1 v 1; I hope that stays in rotation
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    At one point, I could see 60k HP Medusa when there were only a few targets left.

Cardusa + Gamora/Lockjam/Venom were the more common team while Cardusa + Gamora is the most common team when you are climbing high.

I like it but no more Cardusa please.  :o

• ThaRoadWarrior
    At least enable Kraven lol
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    In principle I admit it is nice to see different teams for a change. But when nearly all my 5* are locked and the teams I have to fight are of a level which are hard to win against even if I had all of my material available it is just frustrating. After 4 fights the health packs are used up and there is no other team to use because everything is locked.
    I don't know if it is normal for everybody to always have to fight against higher level teams or if I have just the wrong kind of roster for the game's level arithmetic.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I can feel that. I think it would have been nice to have a functional Th4nos against those Cardusa teams, but RNG hasn't been too kind to me there and he's only 4/2/4 still. Since all 5 of my 5* champs were locked out, it was kind of like being transported back a year in terms of my roster.
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I liked it even though it highlighted the lack of balance between characters, Cardusas everywhere. Although I liked it, I hope they do not run that event again anytime soon. But similar events? Yes! Maybe one restricted to using villains, or aliens, or spiderverse, or senior citizens, or teenagers, or left-handers, or ...
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Hated it.  I'm about 2 years in, with mostly new releases as 4 star champs.   Firmly in 4 star land, normal pvp gives me decent variety, with only about 25% gritty, and bishop/endcap less than 10%.  Then reunions gave me 95% cardusa grind with all but 4 of my 4 star champs locked out.  Health packs needed almost every fight and each fight took forever.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is reminding me of some discussions when I was back in 3*/4* land. It really is interesting how much the game shifts once you hit the 5* tier, and how that affects what various changes do to your player experience. As I said, I liked it, but I can def see how someone who started after Medusa (just as the first example off the top of my head) was relatively easy to cover could really have issues with it.
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I saw the same teams I usually see in every shield simulator I"ve ever played in.  Frankly was a waste imo.  They should have just stuck us with a required character pve.