Make Vanguards craftable in some manner.

Kinesia
Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
Currently all other exclusive cards for a set are added to the craftable items a month after release of a new set and this has been a good thing overall and I think it's worked well.

But Vanguards have NOT been included at all, they are explicitly behind a pay wall. Ultimately I think this is bad for the game long term.
If you want to keep them more expensive or exclusive there are other options apart from keeping them completely out (like theyt currently are)

Make them only craftable after 2 months, or even have them lagging a full set behind.
Or make them cost more to craft, like the Rare Vanguards have the Mythic card cost and the Mythic Vanguards the Masterpiece crafting cost.

Do you realise that you can currently guarantee you can get every card in the game eventually including Mythic Vanguards through pinks EXCEPT Rare Vanguards, because of the ridiculous situation where they still aren't guaranteed non-dupe, they are potentially uncollectable and remain more out of reach than the mythic ones!
It's a bit crazy/silly really.

Anyway... The way Vanguards fit into things needs a bit of a rethink. I can see they are a solid part of the game forever now, but that means the paywall needs to go. Does it really hurt to just finally put them in the set like normal cards now?
Keep full art versions of things as the real special thing, not the normal versions...

Comments

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Kinesia said:

Anyway... The way Vanguards fit into things needs a bit of a rethink. I can see they are a solid part of the game forever now, but that means the paywall needs to go. Does it really hurt to just finally put them in the set like normal cards now?
    Keep full art versions of things as the real special thing, not the normal versions...

I really agree with this. Why make the special alternate art easier and cheaper to get then the original art? Seems like it should be the other way around. Vanguards need a lot of rethinking.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    These policies really grind my gears, because anyone can see it’s a move motivated by short-term gains and greed over game improvement and customer satisfaction. It’s insulting, and ends up having a vampiric effect on the player base. 

Yes, I’m going to be quite harsh in my criticism of this. Marketing is an important part of any business, especially mobile-gaming. I get that. 
    However, without a healthy balance, we end up with ridiculous decisions akin to what this thread is discussing.

Things like this continue to be implemented, without any real solutions to the many problems the game faces. It may increase revenue in the short term, but the at the expense of the game’s health in the long run. This far outweighs any quick gains. It worries me about the future of the game.

Currently, it’s unsustainable. Unless something changes, I don’t expect to see less of these greedy decisions being made. Only more...
  • Morgoth
    Morgoth Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'm bumping this thread because this needs to happen.  At the very least we need guaranteed non-dupe packs for Vanguards or you need to run the Fblthp event more often.
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I’m sure when they go to Legacy, these cards will be craft able.