***** Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) *****

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    l agree that it will work similar to Kitty's Practiced Offense. Imagine you have 5 of his cd tiles out and the opponent AoE your team. Is it more likely to have 3 protect tiles out or 15 protect tiles out? I should have used this question on myself. :D

Regardless, those extra damage will allow you to down either one of the many of the baby champed 5*, Bishop or Worthy Cap.
    For the 30 blue AP it takes to cast that power 5x, plus eating an AOE, 15 protects seems about right. 

But you also would have done 61K damage at that point, so do the amount of protects even matter? Lol. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos said:
    Making Capt. Marvel great again! Unfortunately, once they update his blue power this won't be as effective.

Wow.  Slow start but ramped up there at the end.  Carnage might be a good partner after all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see P4nther/BRB/Okoye too
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Thanos said:
    Making Capt. Marvel great again! Unfortunately, once they update his blue power this won't be as effective.

Are you playing on a Surface, or using a touch screen? I love the absence of an arrow/pointer in your videos. Watching my own video, it's very distracting as my mouse bounces around the screen: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/e6uehs/brb_gritty_vs_gritty_juggs/
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    They are updating his blue!?? Noooooooo!!!!!!!!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Not much to say, he's pretty solid. Blue is by far his best ability and green is kinda lackluster without an Okoye assist or strikes out. He'll most likely be a pain to play against, especially at higher levels.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have always been a fan of beta ray bill and he looks really solid! A someone to break the hoard for!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    No offense to anyone, but MPQ social media pushing MODOK at the 200th character vs BRB who is the 200th in the game we actually play (can you even play the console one anymore?) was not the best choice.

MODOK is kind of fun but BRB is the character people will actually be using in a couple months vs "what does he do again?".
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    MODOK is kind of fun but BRB is the character people will actually be using in a couple months vs "what does he do again?".
    Ha!  This happens quite often during DDQ when you have that required character and I have to look at all their powers to remember what to collect and in which order to use the powers.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like a cool character, and is unique with the protect scheme.  I like him.

Ima go for it.  Special vault has brb, Thor, and hela - got 200cp for that.  Then I'll let some LTs fly when he is inserted into latest legends.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Any idea when BRB enters latest legends ?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    tonypq said:
    Any idea when BRB enters latest legends ?
    If they follow Carnage's pattern, it could be 12/26. (2 weeks from close of the HP store)

Update:  the devs are out of the office between Christmas and New Year's, so 1/2 is what I am expecting (or 1/3).  If it's earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Anyone have him champed in the wild yet?  How good is he in action?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Anyone have him champed in the wild yet?  How good is he in action?
    There are videos of him on this same page. You could see how he is with a select few characters. Maybe you have a team in mind?
    Yeah the videos are fine (those are hacked steam accounts, right?). I just prefer a text-based discussion.  For whatever reason I have never found MPQ gameplay videos to be very useful.

I am also wondering if anyone has him champed on a non-sandboxed account.  I can't imagine that anyone champed him from the 1/250 heroics.  But now that the LT store is up, I assume we will start seeing him in game shortly.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX
    Did everyone miss that this was the 200th character in the game?
  • heybub
    edited December 2019
    Picked up BRB at 1/2/5, and he is pretty fun. I got Bishop at like 2/0/2, and he works great with him.  I really like how it is making me use characters I hardly ever use like 2* bullseye, powerman. Making protects relevant again!

@IceIX I can fire his blue multiple times, and it makes a repeater every time, bit when i iake damage, I only get 1 protect even if I have multiple repeaters out.  Shouldn't I get a protect for each repeater?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

They counted the Console-only Iron Patriot, so as far as they're concerned, M.O.D.O.K. was #200.
  • heybub
    @IceIX

They counted the Console-only Iron Patriot, so as far as they're concerned, M.O.D.O.K. was #200.

There are different characters on different platforms?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    @IceIX

There are different characters on different platforms?

That's the only one. I only know anything about it because of the wiki and a few times he's been mentioned on the Forum.